NeonDeion

Dumbest move of the DQ Era?

89 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Califalcon0013 said:

Why not?

Because you don’t know if his experience in LA or Tennessee made him what he is now or not. People do progress and grow with time. 

An example I would use is Brett Favre. Do you think he becomes the HOF QB if he stays in Atlanta?

Edited by shc
JeffAtl likes this

blowing a 25 point lead, followed closely by DQ becoming HC and DC. I think he basically tolk AB last season I'll take ownership of the D and be HC watch how easy it is, thinking all the ballers would be back at perform like ballers. Well none of that happened and why DQ is still here baffles me. I would have fired him for blowing the SB. He ineptitude was apparent then.

16 minutes ago, octoslash said:

"Hey Kyle.  I want 3 runs and a field goal.  Get it done"

-

No how f**king hard was that?

The icing on the Ryan cake, any other team and he'd have 2 rings by now, instead he's highlight film for the GOAT Brady, who is looking like he could do it again.

• Hiring Sark
  • Hiring Kutty
  • Not taking preseason seriously enough and having to deal with issues that carried over
  • A plethora of bad in game adjustment and management boo boos. Too many to list here
  • Preaching that fast, physical, attacking bush it but playing soft, slow, weak, techniques
  • Blowing high round draft capital on Teasley, Olivia, Jailin Collins, Snot and Dookie Riley
  • Getting injury riddled in 2018 and saying "Naw we good" when asked if we need help
  • Letting LaFleur walk
  • Hitching his wagon to Beasley
  • Not insisting Shanny run the dam ball in SB51

- exercising Beasley 5th year option

edit: I was thinking TD era not DQ like the title says.

Edited by Cole World

11 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

Was it letting LaFleur walk? This video is painful to watch. Could have been our 2017 offense 

Yep LEFLEUR should have been hired. He had to deal with Mariota but had he stayed here we probably make it to the playoffs last year and he likely ends up w the pack this year regardless 

TD and Quinn are incapable of doing the smart thing and routinely go so far outta the box that they end up back in it.

more importantly... why did they try to become a 3-4 defense? Didnt smitty try that his final year? Now we have to rebuild a defense AGAIN?!

38 minutes ago, Cole World said:

- resigning Sam Baker to that ridiculous contract (I’ll never forget that)

- exercising Beasley 5th year option

Resigning Baker was definitely a bad idea, but that was in the Smitty era, not while DQ was here. Cutting Baker was actually one of the first moves the team made under Quinn.

1 hour ago, kenn.junior said:

Lets be real if Lafleur would of stayed with us he probably would left for a HC job and this cycle would of stayed the same anyway

But we likely would have had one of his own understudies to hire in his place 

12 hours ago, Cole World said:

Mike McDaniel is still available 

I dunno. Dude's been in that system for a long time (12 years working under Kyle) yet has never really been given a role beyond a position coach. You'd think he'd have been given an OC spot by now like what happened w/ Lafleur. Even if it's just in title since Shanny is calling the plays in SF, but nope... he just seems to stay at WR coach, RB coach, Offensive Assistant, or Running Game Coordinator, etc.

Seriously gotta wonder if his past issues with alcoholism have played into that. Seems like he's in a better place in life & has hopefully put that all behind himself, but maybe teams just don't quite trust him enough to let him take on a bigger role?

At any rate giving this dude the reigns as HC seems insane considering he's never even been a coordinator yet & has zero experience beyond position coach/assistant.

The worst move was definitely not Keeping Lefluer. Dude was handpicked by Shanahan, so he learned the system from boy genius himself. Hiring a college coach to run someone else's offense was a terrible move. Quinn can win a SB but his coordinator hiring/re-hiring destroyed his team

MilleniumFalcon likes this

2 hours ago, RubberDucky said:

1. Not Forcing to Shanny to run the ball in the SB

2. Paying Vic

3. Not trading Vic when it was there

4. Hiring Sark

5. Hiring Koetter

That'd be my Top 5, also!!! 

47 minutes ago, k-train said:

Resigning Baker was definitely a bad idea, but that was in the Smitty era, not while DQ was here. Cutting Baker was actually one of the first moves the team made under Quinn.

That’s my bad I was thinking TD not DQ

3 hours ago, tldr said:

After seeing Lefleur not taking any of Rodgers' ****, I can see why DQ got rid of him. He wanted a yes man. I just feel terrible for Ryan, loses 2 brilliant OCs for a bald fraud.

Matt-LaFleur-vertical.jpg

Yep. It was well documented that LaFleur had an edge to him. Ultimately Quinn and Co. didn’t like that and it’s what has made LaFleur so successful. 

In his defense none of Shanny's guys would've wanted to coach for the Falcons anyways. I think that's the problem. Nobody who truly knows their worth wants their legacy to be the Atlanta Falcons. It's a history of sucking and failing and the moment someone does something decent for this team they get poached, because why not? The only exceptions are Ryan and Julio and look where that's got them.

Edited by likeriver

In order for me:

1. not promoting Shanahan to HC

2. Passing twice on Rex Ryan

3. Passing on Lefleur for OC

4. Retaining Jamal Busterson

5. Drafting and paying Bustly

6. Drafting Peria Jelly Belly.

7. Drafting Sean Featherspoon

8. Drafting Peter Konz, Larry pudding Holmes

9. Trading up for Trufart with Xavier Rhodes available then paying him a king's ransom to cover grass.

10. paying Defumble Failman.

11. Letting Curtis Lofton walk with no replacement available for years.

3 hours ago, octoslash said:

"Hey Kyle.  I want 3 runs and a field goal.  Get it done"

-

No how f**king hard was that?

Well when you’ve just put the 7th best offense in nfl history on the KS is obviously backing himself to get a first down or better.Not saying it’s right but I can understand KS thought process and the HC letting him do his thing.

31 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

In order for me:

1. not promoting Shanahan to HC

2. Passing twice on Rex Ryan

3. Passing on Lefleur for OC

4. Retaining Jamal Busterson

5. Drafting and paying Bustly

6. Drafting Peria Jelly Belly.

7. Drafting Sean Featherspoon

8. Drafting Peter Konz, Larry pudding Holmes

9. Trading up for Trufart with Xavier Rhodes available then paying him a king's ransom to cover grass.

10. paying Defumble Failman.

11. Letting Curtis Lofton walk with no replacement available for years.

1.After taking a team to SB you fire a HC and promote an OC to take his spot hmmmm

2.Rex Ryan as far as I can see he’s a drama queen.If he was that good he’d have a job already wouldn’t he?

3.As mentioned was this guy good to go in 2017 2 years ago?

4.Thats a McKay fark up they drafted him now your passing that ****e onto MS plate fail.

5.^^^^^^^^^^^

6.Jerry was actually a good player coming out.Ripped up his ACL and everything else in that knee and never recovered.

7.Weatherspoon wrong era.

8.^^^^^^^^^^^^^ as above.

9.Freemans still useable maybe not to your standards but Free can still contribute.

10.Letting a one track MLBer walk who couldn’t cover and got abused and isolated by the Sean Payton almost every time he played.Yet again wrong coach.

Vandy and Schwarzwald like this

10 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

1.After taking a team to SB you fire a HC and promote an OC to take his spot hmmmm

2.Rex Ryan as far as I can see he’s a drama queen.If he was that good he’d have a job already wouldn’t he?

4.Thats a McKay fark up they drafted him now your passing that ****e onto MS plate fail.

5.^^^^^^^^^^^

6.Jerry was actually a good player coming out.Ripped up his ACL and everything else in that knee and never recovered.

9.Freemans still useable maybe not to your standards but Free can still contribute.

10.Letting a one track MLBer walk who couldn’t cover and got abused and isolated by the Sean Payton almost every time he played.Yet again wrong coach.

Looks like the Dude was -0- for 10 Kiwi. Pretty impressive. 

kiwifalcon and Schwarzwald like this

43 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

5.^^^^^^^^^^^

Bunch of apologist brain washed none sense.

1. Yes you do fire Quinn because Elite OCs don't grow on trees, and because Quinn's defense was horrible for 2 straight seasons. We all can clearly see that was the right decision now Shanny took us to the SB inspite of Quinn. 

2. He does have a job, he's a football analyst for ESPN.

3. I think he was, and he's proving many of us to be right.

4. Sure was drafted by Mckay in 2007. Was used by TD and Smitty for YEARS and wasn't cut till 2011. Big FAIL.

5. What about Vic Bustley?

6. Jerry was not a good player. ACL is not a career ending injury and we've had several players come back from it. Panthers LB'er Thomas Davis came back from 3 knee surgeries and had a HOF type career during the same time era. He was just an epic bust and contrary to opinion was not playing well before was hurt.

7. Sean Weatherspoon wrong era of what? Drafted by TD and was a bust.

8. Bust.

9. Useable sure, but not worth the contract we gave him at a position which is in flux.

10. Top 5 MLB in the NFL in shutting down the run,we replaced him with high top mu****in Bartu and Worried low. Should have been retained and taken out on 3rd downs, big fail. Run defense immediately tanked for years and changed from a position of strength to one of the worst in the NFL.