NeonDeion

Dumbest move of the DQ Era?

89 posts in this topic

It may be but on the other hand he does have a HC gig now and maybe his name was moving around HC circles then. DQ might have passed for an option he hoped would be here much longer in Sark.

Edited by 32wood84white
Falcons Fan MVP likes this

6 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

Was it letting LaFleur walk? This video is painful to watch. Could have been our 2017 offense 

There is no way to know if the Matt lefleur now would have been the same one we would have had.

Pacific_Falcon likes this

31 minutes ago, Cole World said:

Mike McDaniel is still available 

I doubt he'd go anywhere else but stay in NE 

53 minutes ago, Cole World said:

Mike McDaniel is still available 

I’m in this camp or Kubiak.  I hope AB has the feelers out.  Don’t wanna be caught “still trying to figure out our path forward as season winds down.  Load up the brinks truck and get our guys.  What abt GM?

Cole World and papachaz like this

3 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

DQ's dumbest move is still not putting a lid on Shanahan during SB51.

Wouldn't care who left the team or how bad the Falcons currently are if they had won that SB.

Yep. I agree 100%

FalconJim and DawnOfThemBirds like this

4 hours ago, rudy said:

3 hours ago, fuego said:

I think you might be confusing McDaniels. 

yep no way in hades I'd even consider JOSH, but would LOVE It if we could lure Mike here

Cole World and JDaveG like this

5 hours ago, rudy said:

I see Fuego and Papa already commented. Not a fan of Josh.

7 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

Was it letting LaFleur walk? This video is painful to watch. Could have been our 2017 offense 

I saw that video this morning and thought the same but I try to avoid hindsight bias.  Who knows if LaFleur was ready to take on the challenge in 2017.  He was a QB coach for us.  Going to LA (OC in name) and Tenn were probably very helpful in his development and so I say that he probably needed those stops and may have struggled like Sark out of the gate without those two years of seasoning.

Most people will point to Beasley and not cutting him in the off-season or picking up the 5th year option 2 years ago. Honestly, whilst those moves haven't worked out, I can't blame TD or DQ for those, as we didn't really have an alternative option at the time. In hindsight we would have traded him after his breakout season, but no one would have guessed he'd regress to where he is now.

I think the worst moves are the decisions DQ has made at OC following Shanahan's departure and ultimately I think that is what will cost him his job. Letting Matt LaFleur, Mike McDaniel, Mike LaFleur and others leave and then bringing in Sark to run someone else's offense didn't make sense at the time. This off-season he's gone completely the opposite direction and gone for an experienced play caller and that hasn't worked either. Our lack of continuity on offense is what has held us back and knowing we had in house candidates that have gone on to have success elsewhere is really a kick in the teeth.

Flyin' In DC and vitaman like this

Picking up the Beasley option.  It poisoned the clubhouse.   Those guys know who shows up at OTAs and who takes plays off.  Guys who kill themselves trying to hold onto their jobs have to look at him and think ‘what the ****’

Had Beasley not had that one good year he would be long gone.  The success of 2016 was pregnant with consequences .  . .

After seeing Lefleur not taking any of Rodgers' ****, I can see why DQ got rid of him. He wanted a yes man. I just feel terrible for Ryan, loses 2 brilliant OCs for a bald fraud.

Matt-LaFleur-vertical.jpg

jstammer and Osiruz like this

There are so many dumb decisions by this “FO” it’s hard to pin one as the dumbest but this is right up there. Can’t wait til we clean house this offseason. Good riddance 

Refried Beans likes this