Summerhill

Outside the box: Marvin Lewis for GM/VP/Pres

44 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, k-train said:

On Marvin Lewis's watch:

2006 - the team had more players arrested than it had wins. Odell Thurman suspended entire season.
2007 - Chris Henry & Odell Thurman got into a bunch of trouble resulting in lengthy suspensions. AJ Nicholson was arrested for the 2nd time for domestic violence & was released.
2008 - Chris Henry & Odell Thurman let go because they could not stay out of trouble. Henry got re-signed but couldn't stay healthy.
2009 - Henry stayed hurt & then died after falling off the back of a truck during a domestic dispute.
2011 - Cedric Benson suspended 3 games for assault.
Despite all that Lewis continued to bring in players like Pac Man Jones & Vontaze Burfict who came with extremely checkered pasts & got suspended, missing a combined 7 games.

Looking at the draft & free agent acquisitions under Lewis & co. and there's really not much to be excited about. It seriously just looks like a poor man's version of what TD has done here.

Didn't Henry die?

It's threads like this that have kept me from posting here lately. I just can't handle this much stupidity. There's just so much insanity and stupidity here and I just don't have it in me to deal with it anymore. Every single thread is just :bang:

VTCrunkler likes this

18 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It's threads like this that have kept me from posting here lately. I just can't handle this much stupidity. There's just so much insanity and stupidity here and I just don't have it in me to deal with it anymore. Every single thread is just :bang:

Welcome to the new off-season 

Falconsfan567 and falcons007 like this

I'd rather have Jerry Lewis.  

jk.  I don't know what type of executive Marvin would be, but I'm pretty sure we don't have to worry about it.  

Apparently you are no longer allowed to hand out dumbest post of the day trophies - two of mine got killed by moderators for Smitty and Marvin Lewis - but hey - at least Ric Flair and Stewie gifs got through - so there is that!

22 hours ago, Spts1 said:

Very good points.  The Bengals regressed to pre Lewis FAST...:lol:  You made some good points with that post.  There was a reason Cincinatti kept him that long...

I see it like a couple that should've split up long ago, but stay together for reasons nobody outside of the relationship seems to understand.

I think they reached a stalemate because Marvin Lewis knew he wouldn't get hired by anyone else & the Bungles knew they'd have a hard time getting a HC to agree to work for them, so they just kept stringing it along.

The fact that once he was available, nobody came looking to hire Lewis in any capacity may speak to this. Then consider the fact that the Bungles kept offering that HC job to a number of candidates and like a dozen people turned them down before they finally got Zac Taylor.

To me, Marvin Lewis wasn't kept around so long because he was really good, but rather simply because he was already there.

Spts1 likes this

2 minutes ago, vafalconfan said:

If we're going to have Marvin Lewis in charge why not just go all in and hire Jeff Fisher as HC?... 8-8 here we come..for the next decade. :bang:

:lol:

NO NO NO NO NO Marvin Lewis would be a McKay hire and we need McKay out of the building. McKay was fired from Tampa because of his man crush for Marvin Lewis and the Glazers hired gruden instead and the first thing Gruden did was kick McKay out. I want a SuperBowl trophy and an end to this medicracy, MCKAY GOTTA GO. Marvin Lewis GM would be a MCKAY HIRE!! F NO!