ike barn87987

Mock draft 1 Nov 19

11 posts in this topic

Unless we are top 3 I don't think we get Young. And I'm ok with that.

1. Derrick Brown

Best DT in the draft. We gotta get GJ some help inside. He's doing it like MJ back in the day before he got some help. Brown requires double teaming.

2. DE Curtis Weaver

He’s a long, athletic pass rusher who displays a large degree of athleticism in his game.  Weaver easily moves around the field, changes direction on a dime, and shows speed both up the field and laterally. He does much more than just pin his ears back then rush up the field, however. Fundamentally sound, Weaver plays with good knee bend and uses his hands well. He’s also effective in pursuing the run from the backside and flashes skill in space on zone blitzes. He's also the MWC sack leader.

2. CB Noah Igbinoghene

We need bigger corners especially with the WRs in our division. He is a converted WR. “It was a work in progress last year,” Steele said. “… The second year into the thing, he looks like he’s been there his whole career, so he’s strong, he’s long, he’s mentally and physically tough. He loves to compete — high, high, high competitive spirit — and really has now started to understand.”

I also like Arnette, Johnson, and Adebo.

3. FS K'von Wallace

For you KOG

4. LB Kamal Martin

He's good in coverage and I think he can play inside and outside. MOF I would move Debo outside and let him play middle.

5. WR Marquez Callaway

I love the way he competes and battles for the ball. He high points it and has great body control. Has deep speed and very good with RAC. Tough player.

7. OG Kevin Dotson

Depth pick.

Edited by ike barn87987

On 11/6/2019 at 1:20 AM, Romfal said:

I think not drafting a RB in this strong class would be a mistake

I agree. RB is a glaring hole. Freeman is good as gone, Ito ain't the answer, and do we roll the dice of ollison/hill? Idk... but this RB class is loaded. We can get a good rb this year for good value. 

On 11/7/2019 at 9:07 AM, D.B.N. said:

I agree. RB is a glaring hole. Freeman is good as gone, Ito ain't the answer, and do we roll the dice of ollison/hill? Idk... but this RB class is loaded. We can get a good rb this year for good value. 

Freeman is likely better cut the following year, still holds a 6mil in dead money next year, only saves us 3mil which isn’t really worth it.  I think it is really going to come down to which running scheme we run next year.  If Dirk is still here for some god awful reason it doesn’t matter what back we have back there.

5 hours ago, rings639 said:

Freeman is likely better cut the following year, still holds a 6mil in dead money next year, only saves us 3mil which isn’t really worth it.  I think it is really going to come down to which running scheme we run next year.  If Dirk is still here for some god awful reason it doesn’t matter what back we have back there.

That 3 mil will be valuable with the cap as tight as it is. We need every dollar we can get. This class is too good not to pick up a RB in the mid rounds. I loved Free but he is not the Free we remember and the offense suffers with him carrying the rock. I'd love to see Ollison get some touches but apparently he can't earn reps in one of the weakest backfields in the league.

11 minutes ago, Artys Arryn said:

That 3 mil will be valuable with the cap as tight as it is. We need every dollar we can get. This class is too good not to pick up a RB in the mid rounds. I loved Free but he is not the Free we remember and the offense suffers with him carrying the rock. I'd love to see Ollison get some touches but apparently he can't earn reps in one of the weakest backfields in the league.

Dirk is the bigger issue, we have no clue what Free is right now, he looked bad under him his rookie year too.  3 mill on a 200 mil cap is nothing.  Free could look like a completely different back with a different scheme/OC/play calling next year for all we know.

32 minutes ago, rings639 said:

Dirk is the bigger issue, we have no clue what Free is right now, he looked bad under him his rookie year too.  3 mill on a 200 mil cap is nothing.  Free could look like a completely different back with a different scheme/OC/play calling next year for all we know.

We are currently over that 200 mil cap so 3 mil absolutely helps us. Dirk has to go but Free isn't the answer and its obvious just watching the way he runs.

8 hours ago, Artys Arryn said:

We are currently over that 200 mil cap so 3 mil absolutely helps us. Dirk has to go but Free isn't the answer and its obvious just watching the way he runs.

Everything could help, I just don’t think it’s worth taking on the 6 mil dead cap hit To free up 3 this year, following year is only 3 in dead money to free up 6 and is more likely the time he goes imo.  I think he will surprise people next year, wherever he is. He isn’t what he once was, but he isn’t near as bad as it seems currently.  We will see if there are adjustments made back half of the season that change anything in the run game but I doubt it.