Unknøwn

MLB Offseason News

1,008 posts in this topic

Williams said Orlando would succeed despite the Marlins and Rays issues. Williams believes tourist flocking to Orlando for Disney and Universal will lead them to the ballpark at night. He pitched that an Orlando team could hit 3 million in attendance with the help of tourists. 

****. No Yasmani in Atlanta. Just signed a 4-year, $73m deal with the White Sox. Passan says this is the largest contract in franchise history for the CHW.

I'd get ready to gulp it down and get ready for us to not have good offense at catcher again. FlowAvila is looking more and more likely to me with Flowers playing a lot more next year. 

7 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

I'd get ready to gulp it down and get ready for us to not have good offense at catcher again. FlowAvila is looking more and more likely to me with Flowers playing a lot more next year. 

I'm ok with weaker offense from the position as long as we get someone that's strong defensively. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

9 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

I'm ok with weaker offense from the position as long as we get someone that's strong defensively. 

We consider Tyler to be strong defensively because of his super elite framing. All we care about is framing and calling games. Don't care about anything else at the spot and would be fine if a catcher doesn't even take a bat to the plate.

2 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

We consider Tyler to be strong defensively because of his super elite framing. All we care about is framing and calling games. Don't care about anything else at the spot and would be fine if a catcher doesn't even take a bat to the plate.

Well that's just not true. Suzuki consistently graded out as below average defensively.

45 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Grandal signs 4/73 deal with White Sox.

45 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

****. No Yasmani in Atlanta. Just signed a 4-year, $73m deal with the White Sox. Passan says this is the largest contract in franchise history for the CHW.

Ho lee sheet!!! Now I can't imagine what Donaldson is gonna get.

Btw, kinda surprised the White Sox made this move after James McCann had a career year for them.

42 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

He seriously needs to cut down on the passed balls for sure. 

2 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Red Sox might decline to offer arbitration to Sandy Leon. He's a very weak hitter, but pitchers love the guy.

3 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

I'm not ok with it when said catcher couldn't throw out my 4 year old.

37 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I'm not ok with it when said catcher couldn't throw out my 4 year old.

I'm talking about whoever we acquire. We already know Anthopolous told Flowers hes playing less.

31 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

I'm talking about whoever we acquire. We already know Anthopolous told Flowers hes playing less.

He played in 85 games. For him to play less wouldn't we need to acquire a catcher capable of playing 100 games or more?

Isn't the only one capable of doing that AND be better than Flowers in the Soth side of Chicago?

I'm legit perplexed at how AA plans on doing that.

I don't blame us for not trying to up that amount we can use that to get a starting pitcher or a couple of other players in

18 minutes ago, Malachore said:

He played in 85 games. For him to play less wouldn't we need to acquire a catcher capable of playing 100 games or more?

Isn't the only one capable of doing that AND be better than Flowers in the Soth side of Chicago?

I'm legit perplexed at how AA plans on doing that.

I'm sure its via trade. Anthopolous likes trading more than going after the flashy FA's.