Unknøwn

MLB Offseason News

228 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

This makes absolutely no sense but I ain't gonna complain!!

Apparently Beltran is a great teacher. Writer in Houston shared his article from 2017 again. Beltran was credited with teaching everyone from hitters to pitchers. He was able to mix the analytics with what the players think. They liked Beltran because he understands New York and what it takes to be a Met.

2 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Apparently Beltran is a great teacher. Writer in Houston shared his article from 2017 again. Beltran was credited with teaching everyone from hitters to pitchers. He was able to mix the analytics with what the players think. They liked Beltran because he understands New York and what it takes to be a Met.

If I remember right he also hated playing for the Mets and The Wilpons.

14 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

If I remember right he also hated playing for the Mets and The Wilpons.

Yep, that was the recent concern. That he wouldn't want to rejoin the organization. 

Strasburg informed the Nats he will opt out.

Yankees are working with Aroldis Chapman on a reworked deal. Hes owed $30M for 2 years. Chapman is expected to opt out if they cant reach an agreement.

13 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Strasburg informed the Nats he will opt out.

Yankees are working with Aroldis Chapman on a reworked deal. Hes owed $30M for 2 years. Chapman is expected to opt out if they cant reach an agreement.

How much is projected to make and do we make a run at him?

18 minutes ago, oztin said:

How much is projected to make and do we make a run at him?

He will reportedly take no less than $175M. Hes hoping to hit $200M. Theres speculation that, like Cole, he wants to return home to southern California. Padres are a big possibility there, hes from San Diego, went to college there too. His college coach was Tony Gwynn, they become very close. 

11 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

He will reportedly take no less than $175M. Hes hoping to hit $200M. Theres speculation that, like Cole, he wants to return home to southern California. Padres are a big possibility there, hes from San Diego, went to college there too. His college coach was Tony Gwynn, they become very close. 

That said, he sold his house in San Diego last offseason and moved to Washington full time. He worked on in DC with Nats trainers, and credits them with helping him stay healthy all season for the first time.

That all may mean nothing, but if I were guessing, I'd guess Strasburg stays and Rendon flies.

JD Martinez declined his opt out.

Cards gave Ozuna a QO but they reportedly arent interested in a deal unless it's a 1 year agreeement.

Gabe Kapler named one of the 3 finalists for the Giants manager position. The other 2 are the Astros bench coach and the Rays bench coach.

On 11/3/2019 at 10:33 PM, K26dp said:

That all may mean nothing, but if I were guessing, I'd guess Strasburg stays and Rendon flies.

Same. Strasburg is the day one National. I think that matters to him. Rendon has always gotten overshadowed, and that can rankle.

6 hours ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

That's what I was thinking too. Looks like normal to me other than that. 

Don't have the weird red on the shoulders of the white jerseys and hats anymore. Road uniforms are no longer that ridiculous dark gray.

EI3Ng_aUwAYW2_f.0.jpg

14 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Are these any different from current?

They should go back to those early 2000s uniforms. Loved those