MLB Offseason News

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shin Soo Choo announced hes giving each Rangers minor league player a check for $1K. Choo will have donated a total of $190K when all checks are handed out. Tremendous move by Choo and one that I hope

Trey Mancini had successful surgery to remove a malignant tumor from his colon. His return to any baseball activity will be evaluated next week.

I'd still party like its 95.

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

This makes absolutely no sense but I ain't gonna complain!!

Apparently Beltran is a great teacher. Writer in Houston shared his article from 2017 again. Beltran was credited with teaching everyone from hitters to pitchers. He was able to mix the analytics with what the players think. They liked Beltran because he understands New York and what it takes to be a Met.

2 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Apparently Beltran is a great teacher. Writer in Houston shared his article from 2017 again. Beltran was credited with teaching everyone from hitters to pitchers. He was able to mix the analytics with what the players think. They liked Beltran because he understands New York and what it takes to be a Met.

If I remember right he also hated playing for the Mets and The Wilpons.

13 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Strasburg informed the Nats he will opt out.

Yankees are working with Aroldis Chapman on a reworked deal. Hes owed $30M for 2 years. Chapman is expected to opt out if they cant reach an agreement.

How much is projected to make and do we make a run at him?

18 minutes ago, oztin said:

How much is projected to make and do we make a run at him?

He will reportedly take no less than $175M. Hes hoping to hit $200M. Theres speculation that, like Cole, he wants to return home to southern California. Padres are a big possibility there, hes from San Diego, went to college there too. His college coach was Tony Gwynn, they become very close. 

11 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

He will reportedly take no less than $175M. Hes hoping to hit $200M. Theres speculation that, like Cole, he wants to return home to southern California. Padres are a big possibility there, hes from San Diego, went to college there too. His college coach was Tony Gwynn, they become very close. 

That said, he sold his house in San Diego last offseason and moved to Washington full time. He worked on in DC with Nats trainers, and credits them with helping him stay healthy all season for the first time.

That all may mean nothing, but if I were guessing, I'd guess Strasburg stays and Rendon flies.