Just a bad year for the Falcons? Braves? United? Hawks? Bulldogs? Yellow Jackets? Other?

jlrfalcon

Also, read through the rest of the conversation:

(1) Atlanta United is a nice hobby to have in town

(2) The MLS is not even close to being one of the best league's in the world. That, coupled with some of the franchises that do exist being so financially strapped that they might fold, doesn't give much credence to the league

(3) I like that they win, can never have enough of that

(4) A Lombardi, Larry O'Brien, or WS trophy is, and I can't overstate this enough, is a significantly bigger deal than the MLS Cup. I saw the parade - there were twice as many people who went the the Falcons send-off parade to Houston

(5) I'll never understand what the AU fan inferiority complex is. Falcons fans, Hawks fans, and Braves fans all support each other, win or lose. Atlanta United loves to tout how great they are compared to our other fanbases, and how awesome the Benz is, forgetting that going to a soccer game is literally a 5th of the cost of a Falcons game, and that's without the PSL. The Falcons, their fans, and their sponsor are quite literally subsidizing their good time on gameday. 

I wasn't happy that Atlanta United lost this week. But, I did get a lot of gratification watching the 45K baristas and man-titted, craft beer beta-males have to deal with loss. Must be tough, being such a die-hard for 33 months. 

Edited by US-41 Falcon

3 hours ago, US-41 Falcon said:

Also, read through the rest of the conversation:

(1) Atlanta United is a nice hobby to have in town

(2) The MLS is not even close to being one of the best league's in the world. That, coupled with some of the franchises that do exist being so financially strapped that they might fold, doesn't give much credence to the league

(3) I like that they win, can never have enough of that

(4) A Lombardi, Larry O'Brien, or WS trophy is, and I can't overstate this enough, is a significantly bigger deal than the MLS Cup. I saw the parade - there were twice as many people who went the the Falcons send-off parade to Houston

(5) I'll never understand what the AU fan inferiority complex is. Falcons fans, Hawks fans, and Braves fans all support each other, win or lose. Atlanta United loves to tout how great they are compared to our other fanbases, and how awesome the Benz is, forgetting that going to a soccer game is literally a 5th of the cost of a Falcons game, and that's without the PSL. The Falcons, their fans, and their sponsor are quite literally subsidizing their good time on gameday. 

I wasn't happy that Atlanta United lost this week. But, I did get a lot of gratification watching the 45K baristas and man-titted, craft beer beta-males have to deal with loss. Must be tough, being such a die-hard for 33 months. 

The entity is not cash strapped and don’t assume you know MLS. MLS had two teams that folded in it’s phase 1. Phase 1 had no soccer specific stadiums except for Columbus and LA Galaxy. Those days are over. The attendance has grown and new teams have joined the league. Miami, Sacramento, Nashville, St.Louis are already awarded teams. Vegas is in-play and with Charlotte and Detroit as well. The investors want a peace of the pie because they can buy a new franchise for $150 million or so, and spend millions on the soccer stadium. Miami is going to be a big fish and Beckham wants it to be the Barcelona of MLS. He has the backing of a rich investor. Minnesota just opened their brand new stadium and so did DC United. 

We are in MLS 2.0 phase approaching 3.0 once all these new teams start playing. If you want to speak facts, then try to be more objective and knowledgeable. With MLS, you act like you know, but you don’t. 

On 31/10/2019 at 1:23 PM, shock said:

Oh go fu** yourself. The Campeones Cup was against the championship team in the top Mexican soccer league. 

The Mexican soccer league isn't much of a league. This coming from a Mexican. Neither MLS or the Mexican soccer league are top 10 leagues in the world. How many current international stars play in either league? That's a good barometer.