Front Office Goals - Trade or Release Good Players, Keep BS Ones

ryanadonis

Truly I must be missing something. When you have a long list of players at a position you let some go! And get value out of them... 

We dont need a Sanu... because we have a Julio/Ridley/Hooper

Julio>Sanu

Ridley>Sanu

Hooper>Sanu

Gage=Sanu... from what I seen Gage looks like he can move right in the spot where Sanu left with out losing so much production other then run blocking....

With that being said moving on from trufant when he got his contract would have been dumb because no replacement..

Moving on from Freeman would have been dumb because Coleman had a injury history and still does

Moving on from Vic Beasley is a middle thing.. you roll the dice and hope for the best... if he balled out and we let him walk the comp pick is higher with a better chance of getting more sacks! 

Yea now looking at it Freeman's signing doesn't look good. Trufant signing doesn't look good.. and the vic Beasley signing doesnt look good. But at the time they where signed that was perfect... other then vic Beasley...

We have stayed in a win now mode since Matt Ryan came into the league so that's why we have some fluffed contracts that now dont look so great. But at the time gave us the best chance to win NOW! Letting us draft other places on the field...

what we all are hoping for as fans is the next group of coaches come in and focus on the right spots... makes hard decisions on letting people walk and go... and can win in the draft and help them translate on the field..

we have some young guys that look like they could step up and with jobs on the line I believe the next coaching staff can bring the best out of them.

Sorry who is our Full back again ?  The Cowboys Cast off?  Who is our OC and Head Coach?  Oh yeah, not the guy who is 8-0 for SF.  Who is our blocking tight end?  Oh yeah, the guy with cement hands in Stocker and hasn't opened up any lanes for the RB.  

Yeah we really did a good job there.  Just get rid of the GOOD Talent for no Talent

14 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

So we traded one player that another team actually wanted, and couldn’t cut a deal for “BS ones”?

if they’re “BS players” to you, why do you expect another team to take them?

Not unless you go to settings and turn on the force trade option.....duh

It worked in Madden. You won't believe how many awful players I flipped for 1st and 2nd round picks back in the day.

Beasley would've been flipped easily for a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd to the team with the worst record in my franchise mode.

.......if only I was GM

19 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

Thomas Dimitroff and Dan Quinn Goals Checklist

1) Trade Sanu

2) Keep Beasley

3) Keep Freeman

4) Keep Trufant

Sanu is by far the most talented and team player out of the whole group and we let him go. Much like how we like Shanahan go, Dimarco go, Tiololo go etc...  

We see a problem here?

Shanahan is a liar! The dude had just sat down in a meeting with Mr. Blank and said he was staying with the team but next thing  you know he is signing a contract with San Fran! Seems as if they only trust trading with the Patriots SMH!

3 minutes ago, TX Falcon said:

Shanahan is a liar!

Hard to judge these things. For all we know the 9ers had offered him 5 years at 16 million. 

He might have felt he was worth more and decided to stay put... saying such.

And then they could have sweetened the pot another 10 million (He signed a 5 year deal for 26.5)

Most of us given the opportunity at that compensation would jump at it and not be too concerned about the stigma of changing our mind about staying.

It's all about value. Sanu held the most trade value, hence why he was the easiest to trade and the one that netted us the most compensation in return. 

Given the cap situation we're in and having both Julio & Ridley as our top 2 WR's for the foreseeable future, Sanu was never going to be in the long-term plans for the team, regardless of GM and HC. Getting a 2nd for him now vs cutting him in the off-season was a no-brainer. 

It's exactly the sort of move BB has performed in years past (see Logan Mankins, Chandler Jones, Jamie Collins) and exactly the sort of move people on here have criticised this front office for not making, i.e. being willing to move on from players and then extracting as much value as possible from trading them.

This goes down as one of TD's best moves in my book, although I would have traded all 4 of the players you had listed.

9 minutes ago, vitaman said:

Hard to judge these things. For all we know the 9ers had offered him 5 years at 16 million. 

He might have felt he was worth more and decided to stay put... saying such.

And then they could have sweetened the pot another 10 million (He signed a 5 year deal for 26.5)

Most of us given the opportunity at that compensation would jump at it and not be too concerned about the stigma of changing our mind about staying.

I agree most of may have also. It's like they tell all players to trust in their coach. The players buy in then like a ghost the coach disappears. Whats worse about this is the players that have not been resigned have ended up with this coach else where!

1 hour ago, TX Falcon said:

Shanahan is a liar! The dude had just sat down in a meeting with Mr. Blank and said he was staying with the team but next thing  you know he is signing a contract with San Fran! Seems as if they only trust trading with the Patriots SMH!

That’s not true at all. It was known after the Falcons- SEA playoff game, he was leaving. 49ers went and hired Lynch as GM coz Shanny wanted him. KS had already foot out of the door by NFCG.

7 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Let’s celebrate the 2nd round pick for a sure thing. 

WR are always tradeable and you really don't need Julios everywhere on offense. Shanny is making it work without a Julio, and so are the other 30 teams. Just need a good enough WR cast. 

22 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

WR are always tradeable and you really don't need Julios everywhere on offense. Shanny is making it work without a Julio, and so are the other 30 teams. Just need a good enough WR cast. 

Not a clutch receiver, but hey...we’ll probably rubbish the pick anyways. I don’t care.

1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

Not a clutch receiver, but hey...we’ll probably rubbish the pick anyways. I don’t care.

Gage Jr is just as clutch, so was hardy. Its all about the Xs and Os. We need that pick to try to draft Alex mack's replacement. IMO if I was GM I would trade both of our 2nd's to move up and take Deandre Swift. We need a ground game to carry the team again like we had in 2016, and when Turner was here.