I think if the Saints roll Quinn will be fired

If the Falcons go to New Orleans and aren’t competitive that will be it for Quinn.

There is no way Blank can sit in that stadium get embarrassed against our number one division rival and not make a move. 

Make no mistake with our history with Payton he will show no mercy and will take delight in running up the score at home.

I also believe Blank is using the bye week to get his ducks in a row about does TD stay or go and who will be the interim HC for the rest of the season. So it will be an easy transition when Blank has to go before the media. 

If what we are hearing from the grapevine is true then I think TD goes along with Quinn. If Blank wants accountability the opposite of Quinn Mularkey would be the choice. If he wants just a babysitter until the end of the season Morris will get it. I think Koetter is gone at the end of the season either way. 

Finally McKay can run things until Blank finds a new GM.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The odds of Quinn being fired during the season have pretty much slimmed at this point. I always thought if he wasn't fired during the bye he'd get fired after the season ended. Not saying he wont get

LOL....well, you sure as **** covered all your bases with that one. 

At this point I think Quinn stays until the end of the season. And I’m glad. I want that top 3 pick. Not ashamed to admit it

13 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

If the Falcons go to New Orleans and aren’t competitive that will be it for Quinn.

There is no way Blank can sit in that stadium get embarrassed against our number one division rival and not make a move. 

Make no mistake with our history with Payton he will show no mercy and will take delight in running up the score at home.

I also believe Blank is using the bye week to get his ducks in a row about does TD stay or go and who will be the interim HC for the rest of the season. So it will be an easy transition when Blank has to go before the media. 

If what we are hearing from the grapevine is true then I think TD goes along with Quinn. If Blank wants accountability the opposite of Quinn Mularkey would be the choice. If he wants just a babysitter until the end of the season Morris will get it. I think Koetter is gone at the end of the season either way. 

Finally McKay can run things until Blank finds a new GM.

They should have fired Quinn by now unless they want to give him a chance to save his job. I  think if we beat the Saints there will be can Quinn save his job rumors. 

6 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

The odds of Quinn being fired during the season have pretty much slimmed at this point. I always thought if he wasn't fired during the bye he'd get fired after the season ended. Not saying he wont get fired before then but it's looking like he's safe for the time being. 

LOL....well, you sure as **** covered all your bases with that one. 

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

The odds of Quinn being fired during the season have pretty much slimmed at this point. I always thought if he wasn't fired during the bye he'd get fired after the season ended. Not saying he wont get fired before then but it's looking like he's safe for the time being. 

The thing is if the Falcons start winning games and finish 7-9 or so and they fire Quinn anyways that could hurt the team morale even more. IMO (and yes I know it's unlikely. But I'd say there is a 10 percent chance the Falcons could start playing some good ball.)

1 minute ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

The thing is if the Falcons start winning games and finish 7-9 or so and they fire Quinn anyways that could hurt the team morale even more. IMO (and yes I know it's unlikely. But I'd say there is a 10 percent chance the Falcons could start playing some good ball.)

If this team found a way to finish 7-9 then that would be an absolute miracle but as you said it’s unlikely. IMO whatever the morale is right now, it can’t get much worse. They keep saying all of this stuff in interviews but something brewed behind the scenes that we don’t know. Either that or they really struggled with the updated “schemes”

51 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I agree. Any idea what the attendance has been at the stadium? This could be a factor. I’m wondering if we fired him mid-season if it would increase or decrease attendance, and if this is a business decision. 

6 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I agree. Any idea what the attendance has been at the stadium? This could be a factor. I’m wondering if we fired him mid-season if it would increase or decrease attendance, and if this is a business decision. 

Hard to tell given the ticket sales don't truly match what we've seen during games. The announcers can say it's a sold out crowd then they pan to the crowd and it looks like a pee wee league crowd. 

I think Julio saved Quinn until seasons end. Blank doesnt want to make a change and I think he is getting tired of rotating coaches every four years. Blank may have wised up and started looking at the people who have been here a while and seen they are giving him the same bad advice over and over. Maybe the wool has been lifted from Blank's eyes and he will fire McKay and his terrible scouting department. You cant have red flag misses on 1st round picks like Vic Beasley being a lazy unmotivated football player and Takk having mental health issues. THAT is poor scouting and not presenting your coach accurate information. We are seeing now why Sabo, Emry, Webster, and Collier were fired from their last jobs. They are poor lazy scouts and Blank hired them on McKay's advice. Time to clean this whole section of trash out. Coaching staff took it on the chin when Smitty was fired, front office will take it this time. He will keep TD to manage the cap. 

Yeah, I don't think rivalries matter as much to pros as it does to fans. It's not like college where you have boosters and are alums and ADs and coaches that could be alums and it really matters to beat your rival. I think because of free agency you can't really have that level of "hate" in the pros. I could be wrong, but how many players have the Saints and Falcons swapped during the years? Like I said, I could be wrong on that though. 

Having said all that, I believe Quinn stays until Black Monday, if he's even fired at all. I have a deep feeling in my gut he may not be let go. It's just the Falcons thing to do honestly. 

Dodge Birds, I think you are correct, I think Quinn is going to stay and Blank is going to fire a whole lot of people in the front office this time. He did what they asked last time when they threw Smitty under the bus and  now it's front office time to take the fall. McKay on down. Pack you stuff. Blank knows Falcon fans are tired of seeing McKay and TD in the box and McKay and TD by Blank's side as he fired Smitty. Well wont it be funny when Quinn is by Blank's side as he fires McKay, Sabo, Emry, Webster and Collier. I still think Blank keeps TD to manage the cap but I think he will announce he is hiring a new GM. McKay, Emry, Webster, Sabo, and Collier are retirement age anyway. 

I posted this in a thread I started, but it was moved to the consolidated Dan Quinn thread.

I was having a conversation at work about how I think Quinn will be safe until the end of the season when some lady I work with was adamant that he will be.

When I asked for her reasoning she said Blank is not the type and he's big into community events.

At this time I was thinking to myself she don't know what she's talking about but then she elaborated.

Her husband was a military Vet and she was talking about some TAPS stuff. I had no clue what that was until I asked her and looked it up to verify.

Well long story short she said she got an invite from Dan Quinn and the Falcons organization to attend practice and the game on November 23rd and 24th.

She said it would be weird for Quinn to not be present when he sent the invite. I told her yeah you might be right.

This is what I researched when I looked it up.

Atlanta Falcons Salute to Service for TAPS Families

November 22 - 25, 2019
Atlanta, Georgia

TAPS is partnering with the Atlanta Falcons and Head Coach Dan Quinn for a unique opportunity to honor and recognize fallen service men and women and the families they left behind. The Atlanta Falcons will host TAPS Families for a Salute to Service Weekend, November 22 to 25, 2019, and honor our fallen heroes with their full roster during their Salute to Service game on November 24, 2019. 

Event Overview

The Falcons’ players will wear the initials of a Fallen Hero on their helmets and the families of the fallen will be recognized during the game. The program will pay tribute to the men and women who died while serving in the U.S. Armed Forces, or who died from injuries sustained while serving, in the post 9/11 era.

In addition to game day ceremonies, the Atlanta Falcons and Coach Quinn have extended a special invitation for the families to join the team at practice Saturday morning (November 23).

Just now, Vandy said:

So now you’re officially a Tanker, JD. 

This season, yes. I’m tired of seeing zero pressure on the QB man. So tired of watching average QB’s convert on 3rd and 11. This team is so frustrating to watch. I’m ready for a difference maker on the edge. This team needs chase Young, badly. 

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. You would think that if DQ was going to get fired it would be in the next day or two. That give the interim(Raheem?) time to get things sorted out before the next game. As bad as I hate seeing the losses, at this point the winning is a futile act and hamstrings the team next year.

IF the game was here and the Saints completely embarrassed the organization, I would say he would get the boot. But, I am thinking this plays out to the end of the season

11 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Again, TD isn't being fired. Team composition was a DQ thing. Nobody has questioned the talent on this roster. 

I tend to agree, but you never know after such a bad season like this.

To your point, I actually liked a lot of what I saw from the young guys in this last game..(Sheffield/Oliver/Gage/McGrady). It’s the lack of awareness from our vets which has been most troubling this year.