Smiler11

The Consolidated Trade, Cap space and cuts guide for 2019 and 2020

526 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

Man,  the top of that 2015 class is turning out to be a dog. 

Awful

TEAMPLAYERPOSITIONSCHOOL

1Tampa Bay BuccaneersJameis WinstonQBFlorida State

2Tennessee TitansMarcus MariotaQBOregon

3Jacksonville JaguarsDante FowlerLBFlorida

4Oakland RaidersAmari CooperWRAlabama

5Washington RedskinsBrandon ScherffTIowa

6New York JetsLeonard WilliamsDTUSC

7Chicago BearsKevin WhiteWRWest Virginia

8Atlanta FalconsVic BeasleyLBClemson

9New York GiantsEreck FlowersTMiami (Fla.)

10St. Louis RamsTodd GurleyRBGeorgia

11Minnesota VikingsTrae WaynesCBMichigan State

12Cleveland BrownsDanny SheltonDTWashington

13New Orleans SaintsAndrus PeatTStanford

14Miami DolphinsDeVante ParkerWRLouisville

15San Diego ChargersMelvin GordonRBWisconsin

16Houston TexansKevin JohnsonCBWake Forest

17San Francisco 49ersArik ArmsteadDEOregon

18Kansas City ChiefsMarcus PetersCBWashington

19Cleveland BrownsCameron ErvingTFlorida State

20Philadelphia EaglesNelson AgholorWRUSC

21Cincinnati BengalsCedric OgbuehiTTexas A&M

22Pittsburgh SteelersBud DupreeLBKentucky

23Denver BroncosShane RayDEMissouri

24Arizona CardinalsD.J. HumphriesTFlorida

25Carolina PanthersShaq ThompsonLBWashington

26Baltimore RavensBreshad PerrimanWRCentral Florida

27Dallas CowboysByron JonesCBConnecticut

28Detroit LionsLaken TomlinsonGDuke

29Indianapolis ColtsPhillip DorsettWRMiami (Fla.)

30Green Bay PackersDamarious RandallDBArizona State

31New Orleans SaintsStephone AnthonyLBClemson

32New England PatriotsMalcom BrownDTTexas

Jpg428gggg, thanat0s and Osiruz like this

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Makes sense if we aren't gonna get cap relief and could net a better compensatory pick for 2021.

Logic is sound.

Falcons could eat half of VB's remaining money and roll it to 2020 tho...will a team bite and offer a 5th or 6th doing that?

That's a big part of the reason we can't move Vic. A team wanted to throw a 3rd at him last year and could have let him walk after paying him much less. Of course, we could have used that 3rd rounder this year...and the $13M in space.:bang:

Shucks. We could have drafted another OG with that pick. :ninja:

28 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Sad but true. Touché’. 

I think TD is good at a lot of things as a GM, but our scouting has failed us mightily on players.

Unless expectations are a problem? We've hit at no more than 50% of our rounds 1-3 under DQ...and that's being generous, IMO. Like...those are the essential rounds to build and you get occasionally the gems that become starters round 4 and onward.

Missing on so many Defensive players rounds 1-3 from 2015-2018 is hurting this team so much as of today...especially when it wasn't gonna make splash FA moves.

7 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I think TD is good at a lot of things as a GM, but our scouting has failed us mightily on players.

Unless expectations are a problem? We've hit at no more than 50% of our rounds 1-3 under DQ...and that's being generous, IMO. Like...those are the essential rounds to build and you get occasionally the gems that become starters round 4 and onward.

Missing on so many Defensive players rounds 1-3 from 2015-2018 is hurting this team so much as of today...especially when it wasn't gonna make splash FA moves.

Our drafting is crap and no way is he hitting on 50% in the first three rounds. I don’t think any GM bits that much.  

11 minutes ago, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

Our drafting is crap and no way is he hitting on 50% in the first three rounds. I don’t think any GM bits that much.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/atl/draft.htm

2018:

Hit-Ridley

Maybe-Oliver(?) 

Miss-Senat

2017:

Maybe-Takk(???) 

Miss-Duke(!!!)

2016:

Hit-Hooper/Jones/Neal

2015:

Hit-Coleman

Miss-Collins/Beasley(??)

That's 5 hits in 11 picks...Takk and Oliver undecided...Beasley flashed in 2016 and has been a miss otherwise.

That's 4 clear misses...Takk and Oliver are ? and to be fair Senat could be considered that as well.

Of those hits, only 3 are starting right now...4th is on IR 2nd straight year.

4 starters out of 11 picks in over 4 years.

Edited by Ergo Proxy

Draft picks are great but you still got to come up with enough scratch to pay them.  Our cap space always seems to be an issue.  Or is it a TD issue.

What good is a first round no1 pick if you cannot afford to pay

Edited by Realsurfin

Lol they are stupid if they think they'll get a higher comp pick in 2021. Who's signing him to a big enough contract? He would warrant a 5th rounder at best right now. I doubt he garners a contract big enough that isn't offset. This is stupid. Over valuing your talent again. 

FentayeJones likes this

23 minutes ago, vel said:

Lol they are stupid if they think they'll get a higher comp pick in 2021. Who's signing him to a big enough contract? He would warrant a 5th rounder at best right now. I doubt he garners a contract big enough that isn't offset. This is stupid. Over valuing your talent again. 

I mean it really comes down to what interest in him has been shown. If someone offered a 5th, do it.

vel and falconsd56 like this

1 hour ago, Realsurfin said:

Draft picks are great but you still got to come up with enough scratch to pay them.  Our cap space always seems to be an issue.  Or is it a TD issue.

What good is a first round no1 pick if you cannot afford to pay

I don’t think it’s a TD issue. TD is fairly handcuffed by Quinn and Blank. Of Blank decides he wants to make a player a “Falcon for Life” TD can’t do too much in terms of negotiation. If Quinn wants a player there’s not really anything TD can do either. I doubt it was TD’s idea to keep Beasley on the roster. I don’t think TD deserves to be fired over Quinn’s mess. The question is will Blank allow TD to return to acting as a normal GM going forward? If so then TD should be kept. He’s done a lot of good over his Falcons career. If not then just go ahead and move on. This dysfunctional organizational arrangement has led to a lot of our problems. 

rounz and jmb27 like this

3 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

2018:

Hit-Ridley

Maybe-Oliver(?) 

Miss-Senat

2017:

Maybe-Takk(???) 

Miss-Duke(!!!)

2016:

Hit-Hooper/Jones/Neal

2015:

Hit-Coleman

Miss-Collins/Beasley(??)

That's 5 hits in 11 picks...Takk and Oliver undecided...Beasley flashed in 2016 and has been a miss otherwise.

That's 4 clear misses...Takk and Oliver are ? and to be fair Senat could be considered that as well.

Collins and Vic were big parts of a superbowl team....to me that counts for something.

If you draft players that contribute to sucess....and the first 3 round have contributed to success to a team....that is only 1.5 seasons removed from the playoffs.

I think this season has dimmed peoples memories....2017 was not that long ago.

3 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Ergo I think a little different I think these players taken haven’t kicked on.Alot of them VB44 for example had that breakout season and just haven’t kicked on.

Even a guy like Jalen Collins showed when given an opportunity he showed he could have been a good player but became a knuckle head and choose short cuts with PEDs.

Another Debo man he’s seemed to have stalled aswell in his development.

Its a toss up for me I think we’ve got some good players and they’ve shown potential but haven’t kicked on.

I think we have in-house coaching issues if you ask me over the last 2-3 years especially. 

Dline coaching how many have we seen develop VB44 as above Takk stalled showed potential I ask myself if we’ve either drafting the wrong traits or are they not able to get what’s required out of them.

Schwarzwald, Vandy and falconsd56 like this

All I know is beasley and campbell need to get all the way tf outta here...I usually not ont to turn on players but get those two off my tv screen now and never ever come back unless we are blowing out whatever unfortunate team they are on..

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

9 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

2018:

Hit-Ridley

Maybe-Oliver(?) 

Miss-Senat

2017:

Maybe-Takk(???) 

Miss-Duke(!!!)

2016:

Hit-Hooper/Jones/Neal

2015:

Hit-Coleman

Miss-Collins/Beasley(??)

To be fair, this is about league average.

Folks in here were pounding the table on just how brilliant the TD/DQ tandem were in the draft not that long ago...,,

10 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

2018:

Hit-Ridley

Maybe-Oliver(?) 

Miss-Senat

2017:

Maybe-Takk(???) 

Miss-Duke(!!!)

2016:

Hit-Hooper/Jones/Neal

2015:

Hit-Coleman

Miss-Collins/Beasley(??)

What makes this worse is the fact only Ridley/Debo has been a Clear hit in first two rounds in 4 drafts. 

Vic and Ryan Schraeder falling off the cliff with veterans leaving is head scratcher and probably points to coaching issues. 

The deal would be to trade Campbell for a 5th, but the other team also has to take Beasley and his contract as compensation.. :lol: