Smiler11

Fixing the Falcons Part 1 - Front Office and Coaches

526 posts in this topic

On 10/28/2019 at 10:38 AM, falconsd56 said:

Nice effort.

The only thing is....I wish people stopped nut hugging the 49ers ( not saying that you are)

But they have 2 strait losing seasons and the defense that everyone is so gaga about was actually worse than the Falcons defense last year.

 

People get too caught up on the flavor of the month.

Again to OP....great effort and really well thought out......I just think that we as fans (we are all guilty of it) tend to look at more at a snapshot rather than the whole picture

But a LOT Of people around here were scratching our heads over us not keeping LaFleur and or McDaniel when Kyle left. Would have made too much sense...

 

so this isn’t really “nut hugging the niners”

vitaman, falconsd56 and Osiruz like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Lol see the Niners haven’t done anything in 6 years and now there the best in the league.

See this opinion I don’t get.

His comparison is off of 7 games.

Nope.

lol whats 6 years ago gotta do with the niners today? the Ghost of kaepernick gonna come back and be their QB?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

lol whats 6 years ago gotta do with the niners today? the Ghost of kaepernick gonna come back and be their QB?

Small sample size of success.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Small sample size of success.

 

 

Ya hes looking at this season, not the niners under a different coach or different QB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we let M. Smith go and keep TD who hasn't done a bad job BUT hasn't done a great job either. He is the common denominator. He is just like a son to AB. Few will go against the bosses son. Some on this Board just like TD are anti UGA but just think if TD would have drafted Gurley, Nic Chubb or Sony M. who we could have drafted. What about OL's Wynn or C Andrews who has started for N.E. I know he's injured but Andrews would have been a nice replacement for Mack. Even GA. TECH's Shaq Mason has started for N.E. 4 years. What if TD wouldn't have been anti UGA and drafted Ogeltree or Floyd? Would we better on the edge and LB? Or Roquan Smith? Strange,UGA players are good enough for New England Patriots and BB and they go to the SB but we feel they can't play for us. Hmmmm. We accuse Shanny of blowing a SB because of his ego but TD has let his personal opinions sway his judgement. He is a big part of this problem. Ok AB can let TD stay, maybe he doesn't deserve to be at fault like some of you claim but I hope he has NOTHING to do with the DRAFT AT ALL! Or the formation of the 53 or acquiring of players. Place him in Administration. He will be Compensated  well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Embrace the suck said:

Are you serious man? He’s a talking head Looking in from the outside gushing over an undefeated team.  I’m telling you, those two massive egos could not coexist. 

kiwifalcon and falconsd56 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Embrace the suck said:

Ya hes looking at this season, not the niners under a different coach or different QB. 

Shanny has been there 3 seasons.... two of the three have been losing..... last year they lost so much that they have the number 2 pick in the draft.

 

So again small sample size... they are the flavor of the month just..... like the Rams were last year.... and the Eagles before that.... and even the Falcons before that... and the Panthers before them and so on and so on.

 

kiwifalcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Are you serious man? He’s a talking head Looking in from the outside gushing over an undefeated team.  I’m telling you, those two massive egos could not coexist. 

He's gushing about him because he runs the ball and has a similar philosophy, Rex always favored and employed balanced offenses. His offenses under Brian Shottenheimer looked similar to Shanny's offenses with a good mix of run and PA passes. I think you are hoping he doesn't in order to try to prove some mythical point or an agenda. He recommended shotty to the Seahawks FYI. Shotty has those hawks 9th in rushing offense.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sea/2019.htm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Shanny has been there 3 seasons.... two of the three have been losing..... last year they lost so much that they have the number 2 pick in the draft.

So again small sample size... they are the flavor of the month just..... like the Rams were last year.... and the Eagles before that.... and even the Falcons before that... and the Panthers before them and so on and so on.

 

CJ Beathard? They lost with Beathard and without Bosa/Dee Ford? which makes the 7-0 2019 niners with Garropolo at QB flavor of the month? I am sure you were laughing at yourself as you typed your joke post. We both know you sound asinine and none sensical. 

Jerz #Quinning likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2019 at 9:38 AM, falconsd56 said:

Nice effort.

The only thing is....I wish people stopped nut hugging the 49ers ( not saying that you are)

But they have 2 strait losing seasons and the defense that everyone is so gaga about was actually worse than the Falcons defense last year.

 

People get too caught up on the flavor of the month.

Again to OP....great effort and really well thought out......I just think that we as fans (we are all guilty of it) tend to look at more at a snapshot rather than the whole picture

7 and 0 is flavor of the month?

Osiruz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Embrace the suck said:

He's gushing about him because he runs the ball and has a similar philosophy, Rex always favored and employed balanced offenses. His offenses under Brian Shottenheimer looked similar to Shanny's offenses with a good mix of run and PA passes. I think you are hoping he doesn't in order to try to prove some mythical point or an agenda. He recommended shotty to the Seahawks FYI. Shotty has those hawks 9th in rushing offense.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sea/2019.htm

Nope, he’s gushing because he’s a talking head band-wagoner.

And whoopy doo on shotty. Russell Wilson would make any offense top 10. 

I admit I’ve never liked Rexy, he’s one of most overrated coaches in history. 

falconsd56 and papachaz like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Don™ said:
  • Thinks Beasley, Campbell, and Tru should be released now. No point of keeping any of them

Agreed.  These guys have killed us this year.  I learned there is no justice in life based on how much money Beasley and Tru have put in their pockets while playing like waiver wire scrubs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

Jeff Schultz along with Dave Choate and Aaron Freeman did a live radio show tonight...

I am going to recap Schultz's comments:

  • Thought DQ taking over as DC was going to turn the team around. Hiring a DC from outside didn't make sense at the time
  • Most disappointing thing has been lack of leadership and resiliency in locker room. Talked to people in organization about certain players not stepping as leaders. When things fell apart last year, there were no leaders to be found aside from Julio, Matt, Rico and Grady
  • Players (rookies) from SB team have NOT stepped up like they should have. Julio, Matt, Rico and Grady are the only ones that speak up after games
  • Names Debo, Campbell and Beasley as guys that should have learned something from last year and stepped up as leaders and they have not. Cites either they do not care or they got their money so they're cruising now.
  • Personally, Shultz believes the decision has been made to move on from Quinn. Doubts he gets fired before NO game. Wouldn't be shocked if Q was fired after NO game. 
  • Thinks a "few decisions" have already been made...Didn't clarify if that was coaching staff or front office staff
  • Held off on officially firing anybody because of trade deadline
  • Players really like Quinn. However, there is not enough friction from DQ. No feet to fire. Not enough accountability. Players are not really scared to lose their spot.
  • Players are playing to just earn a contract or the fact that they already have a fat contract so they're now content and not hungry to get better
  • Players have taken advantage of Quinn. Said the message worked in '16. It gotten worse since then and players have gotten too comfortable and complacent
  • Locker room has also gotten worse. The last two bullet points is not opinion he said. Others in organization or front office feel Quinn has let the locker room get too comfortable with no accountability.
  • Wants somebody/a coach to come down hard on certain players
  • Thinks Beasley, Campbell, and Tru should be released now. No point of keeping any of them
  • People within organization say Mularkey or Raheem Morris would be interim head coach.
  • Mularkey is tougher and has reputation for being a hard @$$. Wants to see if players will respond differently to interim.
  • Surprised Campbell wasn't traded. Falcons were willing to pay half of Beasley's money. Nobody wanted him.
  • Trufant was too expensive right now to be traded
  • Whispers that Freeman will be cut in offseason. June 1 designation possibly
  • Wants to see trade deadline moved back to late November
  • Quinn truly thought he could turn around Beasley. 
  • Quinn tells TD and scouting staff what he wants in players. TD scouts those players and comes back to DQ with those players scouted
  • Picking up Beasley's option was significant factor in getting Julio and Grady signed as well
  • Questions Beasley's football desire
  • Takk needs to grow up. After Julio's speech, Takk took that speech personally. Thinks Takk brings something for next coaching staff

That's all from Schultz. 

 

 

No **** Sherlock.., .. it was obvious on the side lines who cared..I will question Debo and Grady as leaders too. Grady is a great player but he should be ripping the whole DL. 

Vandy, g-dawg and ⚡Slumerican⚡ like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, The Don™ said:
  • Players really like Quinn. However, there is not enough friction from DQ. No feet to fire. Not enough accountability. Players are not really scared to lose their spot.

Plain and simple. It was made clear with Vic. I mean it took ten games before Neasman replaced Richards...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Embrace the suck said:

CJ Beathard? They lost with Beathard and without Bosa? which makes the 7-0 2019 niners with Garropolo at QB flavor of the month? I am sure you were laughing at yourself as you typed your joke post. We both know you sound none sensical. 

So injuries count then???

 

Cool Quinn is in the clear then.

kiwifalcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, The Don™ said:
  • Surprised Campbell wasn't traded. Falcons were willing to pay half of Beasley's money. Nobody wanted him.
  • Trufant was too expensive right now to be traded
  • Whispers that Freeman will be cut in offseason. June 1 designation possibly
  • Quinn truly thought he could turn around Beasley. 
  • Picking up Beasley's option was significant factor in getting Julio and Grady signed as well
  • Questions Beasley's football desire
  • Takk needs to grow up. After Julio's speech, Takk took that speech personally. Thinks Takk brings something for next coaching staff

I'll go bullet by bullet here:

I'm surprised Campbell wasn't traded because he's cheap and you get a jump on signing him if you want him in the offseason. Tells you what teams think about him. Nobody wants Vic because you now have three years since 2016 of film of him being atrocious and a $13MM price tag now. 

Tru should be moved in the offseason. His cap hits are too high but you can take him in the next league year and rework the deal if you strike out in FA. 

Freeman is good as gone. Makes no sense keeping him. Him and Tru and cap room plays. 

Quinn over estimated his coaching ability and under estimated a person not wanting to do something. You can't want something for somebody. 

If picking up Vic's option helped get Julio and Grady signed, they could have been traded. That's bad for the locker room and team. 

Vic doesn't want to play football. 

Takk is salvageable. He still plays hard. New coaching would help. A better locker room with guys who want to play hard and be a good defense would help Takk. This isn't like Vic needing a baby sitter. Takk was drafted into a complacent defensive room that has been spiraling every year he's been here. Him across from Chase Young and next to Grady with new coaching could be what he needs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

No **** Sherlock.., .. it was obvious on the side lines who cared..I will question Debo and Grady as leaders too. Grady is a great player but he should be ripping the whole DL. 

What sucks the most is the fact that it got worse and worse after '16. It took three seasons for everything to finally fall apart. 

'17 was ok but the issues that we have right now starting surfacing. '18 was a scapegoat year for DQ with the coordinator firings and injuries even though you saw more issues surfacing. '19 has been a culmination of everything and the issues are all in plain sight

It sucks because it was death by a thousand knife cuts instead of a headshot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, vel said:

 

Quinn over estimated his coaching ability and under estimated a person not wanting to do something. You can't want something for somebody. 

If picking up Vic's option helped get Julio and Grady signed, they could have been traded. That's bad for the locker room and team. 

Vic doesn't want to play football. 

 

I'll hit on this real quick

Think how other players felt when they probably already knew Vic didn't care about football but then saw his $13 million option get picked up. I could easily see guys in the locker room think to themselves "well, I guess I don't have to work as hard either to get paid"...I could see others say "he didn't deserve that" and basically tune out Q and the coaching staff because clear favorites are being played. 

Plain and simple, it was a toxic move for the rest of the locker room to pick up that option when Vic truly doesn't care about football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

:sadwave:<players that say they love DQ but don’t care enough to save his job on the field

 

They love him because he's easy on them with little to no accountability. 

Julio's speech pretty much confirmed what you said. They don't care enough with the exception of a few players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now