Smiler11

Fixing the Falcons Part 1 - Front Office and Coaches

526 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I mean it really comes down to what interest in him has been shown. If someone offered a 5th, do it.

He's probably gonna warrant a 6th rounder at very best in comp picks. If you're getting offered that now, it's worth it. But I also thought trading Vic midseason for a third was a no brainer...

56 minutes ago, SirCzah said:

Campbell will make a good situational/rotational piece on a competent defense.

Part of the reason for the incompetence on defense is him.

Vandy likes this

8 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Part of the reason for the incompetence on defense is him.

In fairness, he has also been one of our most active defenders, by far.  "Debo" has proven to be an undersized liability and come contract time will most likely gouge us (much like Tru has) over flashes of potential in his first couple seasons.

On 28/10/2019 at 4:19 PM, MilleniumFalcon said:

I'm all for wanting someone in Shanny's coaching tree. I still don't know why the Falcons didn't try to keep Lafleur and promote him to OC when Shanny left.

That 49ers coaching staff is getting raided this off-season. Saleh & McDaniel will get HC looks. Kris Kocurek and Joe Woods will get looks at DC openings. Mike LaFleur will probably join his brother in Green Bay or somewhere else as an OC.

2 minutes ago, SirCzah said:

In fairness, he has also been one of our most active defenders, by far.  "Debo" has proven to be an undersized liability and come contract time will most likely gouge us (much like Tru has) over flashes of potential in his first couple seasons.

There is certainly enough blame to go around but he had several chances one on one sunday and he failed miserably

3 minutes ago, SirCzah said:

We already re-signed debo smart guy? 

falconsd56 likes this

17 hours ago, FalconAge said:

Campbell looked pretty good in 2017. It was also about the last time anybody on our defense not named Grady Jarrett. looked good.

He can be salvaged.

He can but i think he feed up playing here and with his inconsistent play fans been going in on him.he won't want to be back next year lol

16 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

There is certainly enough blame to go around but he had several chances one on one sunday and he failed miserably

I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep if we traded Campbell.

17 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

We already re-signed debo smart guy? 

I am honestly trying to figure out if this is a statement or a question.

19 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

If we gonna invest in O side with a new OC every 2 years what is the point of the 'defensive guru' HCs that don't get a functional unit with less resources?

Great post @Smiler11

ADDED: Point would be we could drop some things from offensive side with a guy like Kyle running the offense. Then, we'd lose assistants rather than the OC since he'd be the HC...and the Offense would be fine. Meanwhile, we could invest more into the Defense. Just find the right DC then.

That's the logic - if your head coach also calls your offensive plays you don't need to keep finding new OC's and constantly having to change your offensive system. A good OC, can get the most out of the offensive talent available, just look at some of the running backs the Shanahan's have made into 1000 yard rushers over the years.

Schwarzwald and Cole World like this

17 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

If you had any clue what you were talking about you'd know already. 

Perhaps you should focus on structuring coherent sentences when, randomly, attempting to insult someone.

Man if we could I gotta have NFL experienced at the top job or at OC.

I just can’t go past Gary Kubiak in one of these spots here in the ATL.We need a running game in thee worst way.This guy has the ability like KS to make so So talent at RB serviceable and being able to run the football.You pair Kubiak with Ryan to old heads I’d think we’d roll all the way.

DC I’m with you Smiler I don’t care who it is but get me a guy that is front 4 biased.I want an aggressive attacking front 4.Non of this rush 3 drop 8 crap.

GM I think it’s time with TD I just believe everyone has there time with teams and I believe times up for TD.11 years and he got us close but through one reason or another the team hasn’t finished.

Cole World and Smiler11 like this

They should also try to sell Freeman/Trufant/Beasley to that team... any team stupid enough to trade for Campbell might also be stupid enough to take on mentioned high salary low performance dudes.

2 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Man if we could I gotta have NFL experienced at the top job or at OC.

I just can’t go past Gary Kubiak in one of these spots here in the ATL.We need a running game in thee worst way.This guy has the ability like KS to make so So talent at RB serviceable and being able to run the football.You pair Kubiak with Ryan to old heads I’d think we’d roll all the way.

DC I’m with you Smiler I don’t care who it is but get me a guy that is front 4 biased.I want an aggressive attacking front 4.Non of this rush 3 drop 8 crap.

GM I think it’s time with TD I just believe everyone has there time with teams and I believe times up for TD.11 years and he got us close but through one reason or another the team hasn’t finished.

I almost went with Kubiak, but just not sure he wants to be a HC at this point. Bring him in as an offensive consultant for these young guns to lean on.

kiwifalcon and Schwarzwald like this

On 10/28/2019 at 0:50 PM, Embrace the suck said:

Lol this is another level of dumbz. I am sure he doesnt want to step down and be a DC. I am also sure he is happy to be a TV personality and make money without so much stress. I am also sure he is a much better DC than anyone weve had since you began to watch football. Also what's his antics have to do with his coaching if he is going to be the DC and not the HC?

He knows more than you apparently think he does...Rexy is an overrated joke. 

falconsd56 and Osiruz like this

6 minutes ago, Vandy said:

He knows more than you apparently think he does...Rexy is an overrated joke. 

:lol:,

Wish we had hired rex over DQ, his defense coupled with Shanny's offense would have closed the deal. I just want our first consistently good defense since 2004. 

Vandy likes this

41 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

Wish we had hired rex over DQ, his defense coupled with Shanny's offense would have closed the deal. I just want our first consistently good defense since 2004. 

No he wouldn’t have man, they would have killed each other. Seriously.  Rexy has been a toxic cancer everywhere he’s been. 

falconsd56 likes this

41 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

To much distraction and his defenses couldn’t get past the test that was NE.

Alot like him but for me it seemed like he was ahead of the team.He also liked distraction which took focus off of what he wasn’t very good at.

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

To much distraction and his defenses couldn’t get past the test that was NE.

No one can, however his defenses gave Brady all he can handle in plenty of games. 

4 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

Lol see the Niners haven’t done anything in 6 years and now there the best in the league.

See this opinion I don’t get.

His comparison is off of 7 games.

Nope.

falconsd56 likes this

48 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

You mean like the trainwreck that he left the bills in?

Sidecar Falcon likes this