Smiler11

Fixing the Falcons Part 1 - Front Office and Coaches

526 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, quotemokc said:

That D scheme doesn't work without a strong DL to keep the gaps there for the LBs.

Also Nick Bosa is a prime example of why we need a player like Chase Young.

For sure. 49ers have 5 former 1st round picks on that DL. It looks like we'll be in a good position to start fixing it this off-season starting with Chase Young.

57 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

I would like us to look into Steve Belichik or Rex Ryan for DC.

Really dude? Rex ******* Ryan? The guy is a complete joke at this point. 

I don't get why people love old and washed out names man, it makes no ******** sense. 

I'm all for wanting someone in Shanny's coaching tree. I still don't know why the Falcons didn't try to keep Lafleur and promote him to OC when Shanny left.

Edited by MilleniumFalcon
Smiler11 and vitaman like this

Just now, FalconBlood23 said:

Really dude? Rex ******* Ryan? The guy is a complete joke at this point. 

I don't get why people love old and washed out names man, it makes no ******** sense. 

Rex Ryan is a joke as a DC? 

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

Rex Ryan is a joke as a DC? 

giphy.gif

He sure is, with all his antics and recent history. If he wasn't a joke he'd still be a DC somewhere but instead he's on TV spewing dumb*** ****

Vandy and Refried Beans like this

Layers of garbage front office personell have been allowed to build protective walls around themselves so when the stuff hits the fan they can let someone else take the fall. Cut the head off the snake. Get rid of McKay, Emery, Webster, Collier, Sabo and TD. Falcons front office is like Hydra you cut off the head and two more grow back in it's place. 

Image result for hydra AND captain america

samebutdifferent and Smiler11 like this

Someone wanting Rex Ryan sounds like it coming from one of our Geritol front office peeps. Someone wake up Webster, Emry and McKay and tell them its Bingo time. 

23 minutes ago, FalconBlood23 said:

He sure is, with all his antics and recent history. If he wasn't a joke he'd still be a DC somewhere but instead he's on TV spewing dumb*** ****

Lol this is another level of dumbz. I am sure he doesnt want to step down and be a DC. I am also sure he is happy to be a TV personality and make money without so much stress. I am also sure he is a much better DC than anyone weve had since you began to watch football. Also what's his antics have to do with his coaching if he is going to be the DC and not the HC?

1 minute ago, ike barn87987 said:

For DC I would take Wade Phillips, Joe Woods, or Joe Barry.

Joe Woods is a good option. I can't see why Wade Phillips would want to come here as DC.

Osiruz likes this

Just now, Smiler11 said:

Joe Woods is a good option. I can't see why Wade Phillips would want to come here as DC.

Yeah makes no sense, he has free reign to do whatever in LA. 

Just now, Embrace the suck said:

Yeah makes no sense, he has free reign to do whatever in LA. 

Whoever we hire as DC I think we should give that same autonomy. Theres a link in the initial post about Wade being the Defensive Head Coach of the Rams and if you're going down the route of Offensive play-calling head coach then it makes sense to delegate those defensive responsibilities.

15 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

Lol this is another level of dumbz. I am sure he doesnt want to step down and be a DC. I am also sure he is happy to be a TV personality and make money without so much stress. I am also sure he is a much better DC than anyone weve had since you began to watch football. Also what's his antics have to do with his coaching if he is going to be the DC and not the HC?

He has been exposed by players and teams for being a joke. When was his last decent defense at? 2010? Seriously? There are way better options to be had at DC then some clown who had mild success about a decade ago.

Btw pointing out my age really doesn't do anything for your argument. It ain't like I only watch the Falcons play, I see what goes around the league as well. 

11 minutes ago, FalconBlood23 said:

He has been exposed by players and teams for being a joke. When was his last decent defense at? 2010? Seriously? There are way better options to be had at DC then some clown who had mild success about a decade ago.

Btw pointing out my age really doesn't do anything for your argument. It ain't like I only watch the Falcons play, I see what goes around the league as well. 

Fail,

Try 2014 defense when he willed a team Qbd by sanchez to back to back AFCCGs. What options are better than Rex, just curious?

His players love him fyi.

21 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

Fail,

Try 2014 defense when he willed a team Qbd by sanchez to back to back AFCCGs. What options are better than Rex, just curious?

His players love him fyi.

Lol I think you are the one failing at this. Rex never made it to the playoffs past 2010. I have no idea what you're looking at. Also DQ's player's love him too and look how that worked out. Why do you love Rex so much exactly? 

falconsd56 likes this

20 minutes ago, FalconBlood23 said:

Lol I think you are the one failing at this. Rex never made it to the playoffs past 2010. I have no idea what you're looking at. Also DQ's player's love him too and look how that worked out. Why do you love Rex so much exactly? 

You are right he was last in the playoffs in 2010, I mistyped. His 2014 jets defense was ranked #6 in yards allowed. So it's not like he is a slouch. Again I am just curious who is better then Rex that is out there?

I like rex because he is aggressive and his defenses are attacking and cause tos. 

26 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

You are right he was last in the playoffs in 2010, I mistyped. His 2014 jets defense was ranked #6 in yards allowed. So it's not like he is a slouch. Again I am just curious who is better then Rex that is out there?

I like rex because he is aggressive and his defenses are attacking and cause tos. 

The argument is you don't know who is better until they try. Who thought Robert Saleh would be coordinating the #1 defense? 

12 minutes ago, Summerhill said:

The argument is you don't know who is better until they try. Who thought Robert Saleh would be coordinating the #1 defense? 

You mean Bill B? Saleh was terrible until he changed his scheme. Give me a tried and true coach with a track history of success over another dan quinn/smitty. I am tired of these experimental stank ace defenses. 

2 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

Layers of garbage front office personell have been allowed to build protective walls around themselves so when the stuff hits the fan they can let someone else take the fall. Cut the head off the snake. Get rid of McKay, Emery, Webster, Collier, Sabo and TD. Falcons front office is like Hydra you cut off the head and two more grow back in it's place. 

Image result for hydra AND captain america

We get it, you hate the front office.  Ed Dodds isn't filling 6 jobs though, so better start assembling an entire front office instead of spewing one name if that's what you truly think that's where the issues lies.

Geneaut likes this

If we gonna invest in O side with a new OC every 2 years what is the point of the 'defensive guru' HCs that don't get a functional unit with less resources?

Great post @Smiler11

ADDED: Point would be we could drop some things from offensive side with a guy like Kyle running the offense. Then, we'd lose assistants rather than the OC since he'd be the HC...and the Offense would be fine. Meanwhile, we could invest more into the Defense. Just find the right DC then.

Edited by Ergo Proxy
Cole World, Vandy and Smiler11 like this