"Top 7 D". I stand by my prediction. Part 2

Lol it's ok. I got the excitement. Most people believed the 2017 defense was really a top ten unit. Even the Falcons FO and coaching staff. If they had actually done any kind of digging, they would have realized that group was still below average and they didn't make enough moves to be a top half unit this offseason.

There's no shame in being wrong with a prediction.  Nobody saw this kind of failure coming. 

If anyone had said preseason,  'Falcons defense will be pathetic on record-breaking levels and a league-wide laughingstock' , no one would've taken them seriously.  

We spent the off season praising the front office for the great moves they made.  Now we're looking for a tree tall enough to hang them all.  

Who knew? 

No shame. I had zero expectations and got suckered right back in. Preseason had me thinking we’d at worst be middle of the pack. No way anyone coulda seen we’d fall apart like this.

I’m out here watching teams like the Dolphins competing harder than us.

1 hour ago, The O.D.B said:

I once jumped on the Gazoo Express several years back and declared that "This is the year Jamal Anderson figures it out and becomes a dominant player"

Speaking of that, where is @Gazoo these days? I would love to see how he would try to spin this season into something positive and why we should keep Quinn/TD. 

7 hours ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

Probably the most wrong about this team that I've been since I predicted Ed Hartwell was gonna "ball outta control". To top it off, we're headed to toilet town where they will, most likely, drop 50 on us because of the pre-season trolling.

sigh...

4B350E01-534B-46AE-A05B-B65043768C4F.jpeg.03cf3ac1a10c46c358583f5744ec2e0e.jpeg

You weren’t the only one bro. 

kudos for being man (or woman) enough to come back and own it. Most others Who made similar proclamations about this D last offseason have gone underground. 

Respect.

8 hours ago, octoslash said:

There's no shame in being wrong with a prediction.  Nobody saw this kind of failure coming. 

If anyone had said preseason,  'Falcons defense will be pathetic on record-breaking levels and a league-wide laughingstock' , no one would've taken them seriously.  

We spent the off season praising the front office for the great moves they made.  Now we're looking for a tree tall enough to hang them all.  

Who knew? 

7 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

No shame. I had zero expectations and got suckered right back in. Preseason had me thinking we’d at worst be middle of the pack. No way anyone coulda seen we’d fall apart like this.

I’m out here watching teams like the Dolphins competing harder than us.

The only people thinking we'd be THIS bad are mentally broken negative Nancys that are broken clocks.

What effort is there in being ever pessimistic and questioning? That's not a prediction. That's just lazy. At least the OP made an effort to see potential. Who knew players would play with helium inside their skulls?

:shrug:

5 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

The only people thinking we'd be THIS bad are mentally broken negative nancies that are broken clocks.

What effort is there in being ever pessimistic and questioning? That's not a prediction. That's just lazy. At least the OP made an effort to see potential. Who knew players would play with helium inside their skulls?

:shrug:

6 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

You're right, you played yourself, but many on here did. But you admitted it...so good for you

1 hour ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

Yeah, that "Superbowl window is open for at least 3 more years!!" prediction slammed shut on all of our fingers.

7 hours ago, falcons007 said:

giphy.gif

Top Falcons D has arrived, BB better watch out.

The Falcons defense was aggressive in the preseason and against the Eagles. It's like they want to lose.