D.B.N.

Let's say Chase Young goes #1 OVR...

20 posts in this topic

Some are saying Chase Young could legitimately go #1 OVR. Which means, if we continue to lose, one of the QB's (Tua/Burrow/Herbert) should fall to us. The phone starts ringing, we end up trading down a few spots with a team that mortgages their future for one of the QBs. We load up on picks, and draft Derrick Brown Auburn DT to pair next to Grady. Chase Young is our #1 target, but this scenario would be the best 2nd option for us and a great consolation prize. Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like you said, it's essentially Chase Young or bust for me. I'd be disappointed if we miss out on him, but trading down for more/future draft capital AND still ending up with Derrick Brown is something to be excited about as well. 

D.B.N. likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, D.B.N. said:

Some are saying Chase Young could legitimately go #1 OVR. Which means, if we continue to lose, one of the QB's (Tua/Burrow/Herbert) should fall to us. The phone starts ringing, we end up trading down a few spots with a team that mortgages their future for one of the QBs. We load up on picks, and draft Derrick Brown Auburn DT to pair next to Grady. Chase Young is our #1 target, but this scenario would be the best 2nd option for us and a great consolation prize. Thoughts?

Dolphins will not bypass a QB.

There will be rumors - to see what trade-value for the pick...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rise said:

Dolphins will not bypass a QB.

There will be rumors - to see what trade-value for the pick...

I sure hope so. Some even have Cincy #1 taking Young 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

Thoughts are... I'm not convinced we won't be picking #1

we are the Falcons. We will find a way to **** it up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A trade down would be good and then get the BPA in the trenches... if Derrick Brown is gone.. then go get Andrew Thomas yeah I know we have a lot invested in the OL but you win in the trenches... 

vitaman likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Select OT Thomas (UGA), and try to trade back into the 1st round with highest 2nd round pick and another pick 

 Thomas would be #2 on my draft board, very, very difficult to pass-on (no matter if he was a Bulldog or not).

Project him to RT, and move McGary pick inside to Guard.

This gives Matthews a chance to heal and improve under new coaching here, but Thomas is waiting to take-over at LT after a few seasons.

Just build a wall around Ryan, and he can pick targets. If C Mack stays, Ryan might have the best O-Line in The NFL in front of him.

 The rest of the draft? Find the highest rated edge pass-rusher, CB, and RB.

Trading-down in a bad draft for a instant-impact defenders will only have this team with the worst defense in the NFL again.

10-11 picks will not make this roster in 2015. 

I doubt that a later 1st rounder after a trade, makes less impact on Han a healthy Thomas or Derrick Brown at #3-4. 

(Even though scheme may be more of the problem than the majority of players.)

 

 

Edited by Rise
djbrough likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, D.B.N. said:

I sure hope so. Some even have Cincy #1 taking Young 

Only way Falcon get Young is if they land the #1 or #2 picks now.

I stated that The Bengals may not draft a QB at all and Young is a Buckeye.

 

OT Thomas or NT Brown are more likely..

 

 

vitaman likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No way Chase Young goes #1 to dolphins they drafting a Qb they not tanking for a DE no matter how great he is hopefully we get 2nd pick tho cause i can see Redskins taking him if they 2nd pick 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tua should be #1 on our board, even over Young. Matt will be 35 next year and this team is likely at least 2 years away from being a contender. 

QB is by far the most important position in football. Lock it down for the next 12 years with Tua. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2019 at 10:28 AM, Bobby.Digital said:

Tua should be #1 on our board, even over Young. Matt will be 35 next year and this team is likely at least 2 years away from being a contender. 

QB is by far the most important position in football. Lock it down for the next 12 years with Tua. 

Tua isn't even a lock to be the next great thing at QB.  He already struggles with trying to do too much on a stacked Bama team, with a more level playing field he will struggle even more.  Also will continue to take way too many unnecessary shots from bigger faster players and has constant injuries concerns written all over him.  Why slam the window closed for the current team when it still has some light.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, IA Falcon07 said:

Tua isn't even a lock to be the next great thing at QB.  He already struggles with trying to do too much on a stacked Bama team, with a more level playing field he will struggle even more.  Also will continue to take way too many unnecessary shots from bigger faster players and has constant injuries concerns written all over him.  Why slam the window closed for the current team when it still has some light.  

How many QB prospects are a "lock" to be the next best thing? Tua is a fantastic prospect imo. His problems you mentioned are easily fixable. 

This current team is pretty far away from being a contender. Why pass on potentially locking down the most important and hardest position to find for the slim chance of this current core ever getting back to the Superbowl.

If Tua lives up to his potential we then have a franchise QB on a rookie contract. Insane value. Our window opens right back up and it's way bigger than with a Ryan lead team (considering his age and decline which is looming).

Edited by Bobby.Digital

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bobby.Digital said:

How many QB prospects are a "lock" to be the next best thing? Tua is a fantastic prospect imo. His problems you mentioned are easily fixable. 

This current team is pretty far away from being a contender. Why pass on potentially locking down the most important and hardest position to find for the slim chance of this current core ever getting back to the Superbowl.

If Tua lives up to his potential we then have a franchise QB on a rookie contract. Insane value. Our window opens right back up and it's way bigger than with a Ryan lead team (considering his age and decline which is looming).

If he had improved I'd think it'd be easier fixed, but I actually believe it will get significantly worse as the competition increases.  Playing at Bama is an absolute cake walk and he struggles with it, what will he do when he's not on a team with vastly superior talent?  I see it going downhill personally, if he was on some 4 win team and trying to do it himself I could see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you use that extra 2nd to go up and get him.

 

Honestly, we need DE help in the worst way imaginable. We also need that superstar defensive talent that teams have to plan for. A julio Jones of the defense if you will.

 

We dont often find ourselves picking this high in the draft and this is the area superstar DL's typically go. Hopefully we learned from sitting on our heels and watching Mack get taken a pick before us.

vitaman and D.B.N. like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2019 at 10:48 PM, Rise said:

Select OT Thomas (UGA), and try to trade back into the 1st round with highest 2nd round pick and another pick 

 Thomas would be #2 on my draft board, very, very difficult to pass-on (no matter if he was a Bulldog or not).

Project him to RT, and move McGary pick inside to Guard.

This gives Matthews a chance to heal and improve under new coaching here, but Thomas is waiting to take-over at LT after a few seasons.

Just build a wall around Ryan, and he can pick targets. If C Mack stays, Ryan might have the best O-Line in The NFL in front of him.

 The rest of the draft? Find the highest rated edge pass-rusher, CB, and RB.

Trading-down in a bad draft for a instant-impact defenders will only have this team with the worst defense in the NFL again.

10-11 picks will not make this roster in 2015. 

I doubt that a later 1st rounder after a trade, makes less impact on Han a healthy Thomas or Derrick Brown at #3-4. 

(Even though scheme may be more of the problem than the majority of players.)

 

 

 Oh **** no.

 

Matt's already shown time and time again he can put up monster numbers and still lose because the D cant stop anyone. We gotta get somebody that can affect the opposing QB. Trade up. Get Young. Be over it.

D.B.N. likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2019 at 7:45 PM, Refried Beans said:

CBS Sports has us taking CB out of Ohio State at pick 5.

We need pass rush help before drafting a DB. Pass rush helps make DBs better . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would draft a QB because Ryan keeps getting thinner! 

in all seriousness though, if Young goes #1 to another team I would be auctioning off the #2 pick to the highest bidder. Load up on a Julio type deal. Chances are you get another top 10 draft pick next draft w a rookie under center.

Smiler11 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now