FalconFanSince1970

Dimi Needs To Take Some Lessons From Schlenk, Thop And Eales

51 posts in this topic

If you like a GM that can almost build a championship team or a team that will never sack the other teams QB and have sorry trench play then TDs your man. 

I want a GM that can build a roster that wins multiple championships. When the blame always on his coaches that GM is part of the problem.

8 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

I am ready for a GM change. One with a “build your team from the trenches out” mentality. 

That’s what I want too. The best Falcons teams have never been complete teams under Dimitroff. Dude is just not capable of building a talented overall squad. It’s been the main reason the team has never gotten a SB. 

TD has had his bad and he's had his good. Honestly, he's done a better job than a lot of other GMs throughout his tenure here (go look at Mike Maccagnan's body of work and it's horrifying) but he's also a big reason for the CURRENT problem. He needs to go to say the least. Complete tear down. If the Falcons had even anywhere close to the type of GM that Travis Schlenk is, then I'd be ecstatic. 

Schlenk is a straight up boss.  Drafted Doncic, then traded him for Trae.  Trae is a legitimate baller.  Took the extra pick and got Reddish.

Turned around and got Hunter, who looks to be as legit a 3 and D guy as we're likely to find.  Added Parker.  Got old *** Vince Carter who is balling.  Got Bruno in the 2nd round and he is contributing.  I've rarely been as impressed with a FO as I am with the Hawks' FO.  It's basically the opposite of what was going on in the mid-2000s.

vel, Refried Beans, MSalmon and 2 others like this

6 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Schlenk is a straight up boss.  Drafted Doncic, then traded him for Trae.  Trae is a legitimate baller.  Took the extra pick and got Reddish.

Turned around and got Hunter, who looks to be as legit a 3 and D guy as we're likely to find.  Added Parker.  Got old *** Vince Carter who is balling.  Got Bruno in the 2nd round and he is contributing.  I've rarely been as impressed with a FO as I am with the Hawks' FO.  It's basically the opposite of what was going on in the mid-2000s.

Truly. I'm a Hawks fan now because of Schlenk. I remember arguing with fans about them trading Luka. Trae and a first was much more value than just one Luka because the gap between Luka and Trae was not a "Cam Reddish". Schlenk has been hitting and hitting them consistently. He's got a vision but knows how to stay fluid. One of the strokes of genius has been keeping Vince Carter. I truly believe he's helping mold Trae Young into a star. It's kind of what Iverson did for Lou Williams. 

They may not go far in the postseason just yet this season, but I think this is the year fans start paying real attention to what the Hawks are doing. 

You guys really think TD is drafting these players? Get real. McKay, TD, Sabo, Quinn, Emry, Webster, and Collins all sit in a room. Quinn says I want a DE thats a menace, Sabo, Emry, Webster, and Collins all watch film and present players to DQ, TD, Blank, and McKay and then tell them why this player is better than this players, etc... And then DQ, TD, Blank AND McKay all decide who to pick. When you fail in the draft that much you have to ask are DQ, TD, Blank and McKay really being presented the BEST possible players? Whoever is selling DQ, TD, McKay and Blank these players is the FIRST one or ones to go. Then back to coaching, last weeks game against Seattle and the break downs on defense are CLEARLY coaching, either our LB corp got stupid over the last two years or they are bring OVER COACHED and are confused. This may be Quinn trying desperately to get more out of his roster and coaching them to the point where they are lost.  The D-line and O-line is just flat bad talent, outside of Grady Jarrett the whole d-line is a bunch of 2nd and 3rd stringers on other NFL teams. TD is not this great GM, he is just a figure head for about 5 or 6 people making decisions on these players. Blank cant fire himself but he can quarantine the problem and the problems are (Quinn, TD, McKay, Webster, Emry, Sabo, and Collier) these are the people Blank should fire this week.  

49 minutes ago, vel said:

Truly. I'm a Hawks fan now because of Schlenk. I remember arguing with fans about them trading Luka. Trae and a first was much more value than just one Luka because the gap between Luka and Trae was not a "Cam Reddish". Schlenk has been hitting and hitting them consistently. He's got a vision but knows how to stay fluid. One of the strokes of genius has been keeping Vince Carter. I truly believe he's helping mold Trae Young into a star. It's kind of what Iverson did for Lou Williams. 

They may not go far in the postseason just yet this season, but I think this is the year fans start paying real attention to what the Hawks are doing. 

I'm not convinced there is a significant gap at all between Luka and Trae.  If there is one, I'd rather have Trae right now.  Maybe Luka will blossom, but Trae is hitting 50% from 3, 51% from the field and averaging 34 ppg on the season compared to 29 for Luka.  Minutes per game is about even.  Trae is averaging more assists per game.  Luka is ahead in rebounds.

Granted, that's only a few games in a long season, but Trae is straight outplaying Luka Doncic right now.  I'm not sure that's going to change.

vel likes this

13 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Gettin schooled right now. All of em have young, winning teams, with plenty cap space.

Dimi is nursing an 8-17 run with no cap space, no coaches and no clue whatsoever.

I still have no idea why yall embrace this guy. He is absolutely clueless. Why folks? State Line.

Could not agree more with this post.......After the Tom Condon, CSA stuff came to light.....it should be all but a done deal to send this fat haired clown packing!

26 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I'm not convinced there is a significant gap at all between Luka and Trae.  If there is one, I'd rather have Trae right now.  Maybe Luka will blossom, but Trae is hitting 50% from 3, 51% from the field and averaging 34 ppg on the season compared to 29 for Luka.  Minutes per game is about even.  Trae is averaging more assists per game.  Luka is ahead in rebounds.

Granted, that's only a few games in a long season, but Trae is straight outplaying Luka Doncic right now.  I'm not sure that's going to change.

Oh I'm not disagreeing nor saying I believed Luka was better than Trae. Just saying during the draft, whatever perceived gap there was was not a first round pick. And now that we know it's Cam Reddish, it definitely isn't that size of a gap. 

Both are downright studs and will be for a long time. It reminds me of the Lebron-Carmelo comparison. Both were legends. Obviously, neither is a Lebron, but for a long time they were compared and neck and neck players. 

JDaveG and ZoneOne01 like this

3 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Which is why TD needs to go

While Pioli is no genius, he is looking like the smartest guy in the room for dipping out on this dumpster fire before it was attached to his resume.

I wonder if he had any idea what was coming and said “**** it”,  I’m out

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

While Pioli is no genius, he is looking like the smartest guy in the room for dipping out on this dumpster fire before it was attached to his resume.

I thought the same thing.

2 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Thought has crossed my mind as well...

JDaveG and FalconsIn2012 like this

I gave TD the benefit of the doubt but I think it's time for him to go. He was brought here for the "New England" way but he didn't build this team in such a manner. The team is now in salary cap ****, the worst salary cap position out of all the NFL teams. 

Edited by MilleniumFalcon

15 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

If Shanny kicks the FG, we’re building TD a statue...

Dimi was just as much of the reason for losing that game as Shanny. He built that sorry as defense. Yeah the one that bled 31 points in 22 minutes. The one that hoodwinked TATF into thinking they were good. The one that featured the likes of Bustley, Campbell, Jailin Collins, Alf, Trufant, Haggleman, Reed, Wheeler and Worrilow.

17 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Lol maybe because he’s built and run the most successful time in Falcons footballing history.

You say why do some love him how many other GMs in the teams history have got the Falcons as close as he has.

I know it’s not much to compare to because we’ve had an absolute abortion of GMs who actually been running this team before him.

Laughing about the narrative comparing his recent record and not what he’s done overall I think that’s quite convienient to influence a narrative.

I mean why would you compare his body of work.10 plus years as a GM for one team how many GMs in the NFL have that on there CVs.

2 times exec of the year what an absolute bum because how many GMs in the NFL also have that on thee above.

Why not just say he’s not very good because he hasn’t won the SB because that’s the only thing he hasn’t done lol.

SB or bust.Yay that’s new.

LMAO at two time exec of the year. That's ancient history bro. Plus it came when Les Snead and David Caldwell were finding the players. Why are you still clinging to that? This is a what have you done for me lately league. Not a let's immortalize someone for something done a decade ago league. Have you seen what we've done lately:

• This Season = 1-7 (.125)
  • Last Two Seasons = 8-16 (.333)
  • Last Seven Seasons = 47-57 (.452)

Zero Lombardies and headed south in a hurry. You happy with that?

18 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Gettin schooled right now. All of em have young, winning teams, with plenty cap space.

Dimi is nursing an 8-17 run with no cap space, no coaches and no clue whatsoever.

I still have no idea why yall embrace this guy. He is absolutely clueless. Why folks? State Line.

TD has also had 11 years to build a decent OL and DL and failed.

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

18 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

I am ready for a GM change. One with a “build your team from the trenches out” mentality. 

Yep, tired of hood ornaments and lines that get thrown around like rag dolls

14 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

How can you count one single play against him? That makes zero sense. 

When he interviewed Shanny did you think he asked him if he would kick a FG if it would ice the SB?

Counting that against TD is monumentally stupid and how you end up like the Browns 

Becuase TD has built teams with horrible OLs and DLs everything has to be perfect for us to succeed.

The SB is a perfect example or defense got gassed and our OL let Ryan get crushed at the worst time.

8 hours ago, JDaveG said:

And kept bembry and got Parker 

JDaveG likes this

Is someone really comparing gm's from 2 totally different sports with completely different rules and guidelines?????

Really?

5 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

LMAO at two time exec of the year. That's ancient history bro. Plus it came when Les Snead and David Caldwell were finding the players. Why are you still clinging to that? This is a what have you done for me lately league. Not a let's immortalize someone for something done a decade ago league. Have you seen what we've done lately:

• This Season = 1-7 (.125)
  • Last Two Seasons = 8-16 (.333)
  • Last Seven Seasons = 47-57 (.452)

Zero Lombardies and headed south in a hurry. You happy with that?

lol ancient history you reckon.

Again what’s the record over the whole tenure funny you must have memory loss.

Snead and Caldwell get GM jobs working with TD who’d have thought what a poor influence he must have been.

Zero Lombardies when he got here at least I can look back over the last decade and say we sniffed em better than the dog pooh before him.You no the guys you slurp Herrock,McKay and others

As quick as everyone is to dismiss TD, he put together a roster that should’ve won the super bowl by a wide margin. That same team and some rookie contributors also almost made it to the nfc conference game. 

None of this excuses signing Vic purely to make signing other players easier but too many of you guys have short term memory to say he didn’t do anything here. I am also ready for a change but do recognize that he had a pretty good run with us, albeit a few hiccups along the way.