FalconFanSince1970

Dimi Needs To Take Some Lessons From Schlenk, Thop And Eales

51 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Falcanuck said:

He paid guys that should have won a SB. Chill

He built a lopsided roster full of offensive skill players, One Oline and No Dline. In 12 years.

I'm ready when yall are. Free ride to The Line. Drop off point = State Line Fireworks in Abernathy, AL.

58 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Gettin schooled right now. All of em have young, winning teams, with plenty cap space.

Dimi is nursing an 8-17 run with no cap space, no coaches and no clue whatsoever.

I still have no idea why yall embrace this guy. He is absolutely clueless. Why folks? State Line.

Lol maybe because he’s built and run the most successful time in Falcons footballing history.

You say why do some love him how many other GMs in the teams history have got the Falcons as close as he has.

I know it’s not much to compare to because we’ve had an absolute abortion of GMs who actually been running this team before him.

Laughing about the narrative comparing his recent record and not what he’s done overall I think that’s quite convienient to influence a narrative.

I mean why would you compare his body of work.10 plus years as a GM for one team how many GMs in the NFL have that on there CVs.

2 times exec of the year what an absolute bum because how many GMs in the NFL also have that on thee above.

Why not just say he’s not very good because he hasn’t won the SB because that’s the only thing he hasn’t done lol.

SB or bust.Yay that’s new.

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

He built a lopsided roster full of offensive skill players, One Oline and No Dline. In 12 years.

I'm ready when yall are. Free ride to The Line. Drop off point = State Line Fireworks in Abernathy, AL.

I'd rather drop him at the other state line: the Atlantic Ocean.

Shelley#37 likes this

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

Lol maybe because he’s built and run the most successful time in Falcons footballing history.

You say why do some love him how many other GMs in the teams history have got the Falcons as close as he has.

I know it’s not much to compare to because we’ve had an absolute abortion of GMs who actually been running this team before him.

Laughing about the narrative comparing his recent record and not what he’s done overall I think that’s quite convienient to influence a narrative.

I mean why would you compare his body of work.10 plus years as a GM for one team how many GMs in the NFL have that on there CVs.

2 times exec of the year what an absolute bum because how many GMs in the NFL also have that on thee above.

Why not just say he’s not very good because he hasn’t won the SB because that’s the only thing he hasn’t done lol.

SB or bust.Yay that’s new.

TD definitely deserves his share of blame, but I think many forget he is handcuffed to Quinn. I feel his shortcomings can be overcome with a decent coach. 2017 wasn't so long ago and Shanahan built a historically great offense with TD's parts.

On the other hand I feel it doesn't work the other way around with Quinn. Every GM in the league would be sunk with how this team is prepared week in and week out. With a large group of the same players, we have just seen regression with Quinn at the helm.

Pacific_Falcon and kiwifalcon like this

TD is **** good grocery buyer. Smitty wanted team captains and TD supplied them. 

DQ wanted athletes and TD gave it to him. 

Should have 2 SB wins in his pocket but coaching has fallen off hard at the end of both regimes. I dont mind seeing TD leave but you better replace him with an all-world GM or else it's going to be a step back. You still cant find 10 GMs better than TD in the league currently.

Looks like national media already knows this. GM rankings out of 32 gms

6. Thomas Dimitroff, Falcons

Thomas Dimitroff has had two runs of excellence in 11 years as Falcons general manager. Is the second coming to a premature end? This is still a talented roster, but it slumped to 7-9 last season following back-to-back campaigns with a playoff victory, including 2016’s Super Bowl appearance. Like all GMs, Dimitroff has been far from perfect from a personnel standpoint, but his biggest failings have come on the sideline. After finally moving on from on outdated Mike Smith, Dimitroff has saddled himself with an equally outmoded Dan Quinn. Quinn did such a poor job in 2018 that he fired all three of his coordinators. If your coach is firing each of his top lieutenants, why not just fire the coach? You can’t blame it all on Quinn, but every roster is going to have failings. Quinn does not seem equipped to coach around them. A Bill Belichick acolyte, Dimitroff understandably values stability. He would do well to heed another Belichick lesson: Move on from weak links/sunk costs, even if they are on the sideline.

5 out of 32 The 2018 season went horribly awry in a number of ways for Dimitroff, but this rank attempts to take the longview, like general managers do. Dimitroff's track record with two different head coaches is impressive, although it's fair to question whether the Falcons have rewarded some of the wrong players lately. Devonta Freeman's post-contract injuries are mostly bad luck, but cornerback Robert Alford's extension proved premature and the organization's continued loyalty to Vic Beasley hasn't borne fruit. Still, there's too much talent on this roster to stay down for long.

6. Thomas Dimitroff, Falcons

I’m not the biggest fan of Thomas Dimitroff’s coaching hires — assuming he’s making those decisions — but when is the last time the Falcons went into a season with no chance to be good? It’s been a while, and the reason is Dimitroff’s approach to constructing the roster. He pays the right players and makes the right decisions to let others walk.

1 hour ago, Fiercefalcon said:

TD definitely deserves his share of blame, but I think many forget he is handcuffed to Quinn. I feel his shortcomings can be overcome with a decent coach. 2017 wasn't so long ago and Shanahan built a historically great offense with TD's parts.

On the other hand I feel it doesn't work the other way around with Quinn. Every GM in the league would be sunk with how this team is prepared week in and week out. With a large group of the same players, we have just seen regression with Quinn at the helm.

100% he does bare some of the blame under both regimes.

I believe the reason you off load TD is a few things first off these 2 year droughts he has 2 now in his tenure.That is anchored around some of his decisions no doubt.

Secondly they’ve tried multiple structures to maximise his strengths and the roles and strengths of dependents he’s no doubt responsible for around him.

3 lack of ability to finish that’s where him and both coaches have fallen short.To me these are the reasons I can see why I’d be looking for a fresh vision and set of eyes to get us to finally get this thing we yearn.

Fiercefalcon likes this

49 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

If Shanny kicks the FG, we’re building TD a statue...

37 minutes ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

TD is **** good grocery buyer. Smitty wanted team captains and TD supplied them. 

DQ wanted athletes and TD gave it to him. 

Should have 2 SB wins in his pocket but coaching has fallen off hard at the end of both regimes. I dont mind seeing TD leave but you better replace him with an all-world GM or else it's going to be a step back. You still cant find 10 GMs better than TD in the league currently.

Dunno if we should have had 2 but as hard as it is too take we should have at least 1.

Unfortunately as in my last post he hasn’t been able to finish under his leadership and that does count against him.

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

18 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Dunno if we should have had 2 but as hard as it is too take we should have at least 1.

Unfortunately as in my last post he hasn’t been able to finish under his leadership and that does count against him.

How can you count one single play against him? That makes zero sense. 

When he interviewed Shanny did you think he asked him if he would kick a FG if it would ice the SB?

Counting that against TD is monumentally stupid and how you end up like the Browns 

Edited by NeonDeion

41 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

How can you count one single play against him? That makes zero sense. 

When he interviewed Shanny did you think he asked him if he would kick a FG if it would ice the SB?

Counting that against TD is monumentally stupid and how you end up like the Browns 

It’s not about one single play it’s the period of work under coach and  subordinates.He and the team came up short.

I’ve mentioned this you can’t just count all the good and bad as an individuals fault.You win and lose as a group.

Flyin' In DC likes this

40 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

It’s not about one single play it’s the period of work under coach and  subordinates.He and the team came up short.

I’ve mentioned this you can’t just count all the good and bad as an individuals fault.You win and lose as a group.

He didn’t come up short tho. That’s the part that’s completely delusional. No, you don’t lose as a group. Only 3 men were in charge of that decision - DQ, Shanny, and Ryan. 

Ryan trusted his OC and HC. 

You can blame Shanny or you can blame DQ. Those were the only two men in total control of the loss. 

Blaming TD is like blaming your TV manufacturer because you just smashed it with a hammer and it doesn’t work anymore. 

Edited by NeonDeion

21 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

There is a reason the Smitty and Quinn regime look very similar

They look absolutely nothing alike...

16 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Yeah because Koetter only played for Quinn.

TD didn't hire him.. DQ makes all coaching and 53 man decisions. 

The games are played on the field, and on the field we still have talent. Talent with trash level coaching

Whoever the G.M. will be...

DE Chase Young, OT Thomas, or NT Derrick Brown should be selected in the 1st Round of 2020 NFL draft.

Back to basics.

Draft a star with this high pick. Do not trade this pick, and fool yourselves that The Falcons can find a star to change the Defensive and Offensive lines with more lower picks. No players from small Mid-Western schools. (Stop trying to draft a small-school diamond in the rough). Speed.

Big names from Big schools sell big changes to the ticket-buying public.

No safeties, WRs, or CBs with that top pick!

Edited by Rise
Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

7 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Ok???? Still good enough to win a SB