Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jstammer

Did Pete Carroll try to save DQ's job?

24 posts in this topic

Last week Seahawks head coach came out and said thet he beleived that Dan Quinn, his former DC, can turn around the mess that has become the Falcons.

Watxhing the first half on Sunday Carroll's Seahwaks made the listless Falcons look their usual 2019 pathetic selves.

Somehow in the second half, it looked like the Seahawks tpok their foot off the Falcons throats. They kind of let up and let us back into the game. 

To me it appeared that maybe once Carroll knew he would surely win the game, he tried to help his ex DC keep his job. 

Anyone else get that same impression? 

4 minutes ago, jstammer said:

Last week Seahawks head coach came out and said thet he beleived that Dan Quinn, his former DC, can turn around the mess that has become the Falcons.

Watxhing the first half on Sunday Carroll's Seahwaks made the listless Falcons look their usual 2019 pathetic selves.

Somehow in the second half, it looked like the Seahawks tpok their foot off the Falcons throats. They kind of let up and let us back into the game. 

To me it appeared that maybe once Carroll knew he would surely win the game, he tried to help his ex DC keep his job. 

Sorta. It has been known to happen 

7 minutes ago, jstammer said:

If he was doing that, then he played it awfully close. Two made Bryant FGs and a Freeman fumble call at the 2 yard line and it could have been a Falcon win. 

So it’s come to this huh?....:(

why wouldn’t he just stomp the Falcons to get him fired so he can bring him back to SEA?

a close loss vs an assswhippin’ isn’t gonna change Qs fate.

Anyone else see that big hug Q gave Carroll and think to themselves...he is campaigning to get a job back in SEA after he gets canned?? 

This is as deep of a hole as the "NFL is rigged" thread.

Step. Away.

Run, quickly, and never look back! OH NO IT GOT ME!!! :ninja: 

8 minutes ago, E. T. said:

Are those FLAMES I see coming?

OP's home when TATF reacts:

2A45F05D-66FE-471E-96BA-7302A7741CD1.jpeg.c1c4a2715f27a10913df51c3d060c199.jpeg

HASHBROWN3 likes this

In a league where wins are hard to come by, I couldn't imagine that being something Pete would risk losing after being up almost 3 TDs. Imagine us making the comeback and Seattle missed the playoffs because of it. Just for the giggles, imagine we ran the table and beat them off the tie breaker to make the playoffs. All because Pete wanted to save someone job.

Malachore and Atl Falcon like this

Just now, Geaux_Falcons said:

In a league where wins are hard to come by, I couldn't imagine that being something Pete would risk losing after being up almost 3 TDs. Imagine us making the comeback and Seattle missed the playoffs because of it. Just for the giggles, imagine we ran the table and beat them off the tie breaker to make the playoffs. All because Pete wanted to save someone job.

Well, it’s sounds so absurd when you put it that way. :tiphat: 

Chaz likes this

14 minutes ago, jstammer said:

I got the same feeling also. They dominated us in every phase in the 1st half and 15 mins later they all of a sudden can't move the ball and our offense begins to resemble Shanahan's 2016 group. The 2nd half comeback gave the team false hope.

Absolute and roguebeaver like this

3 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Lol at this thread...can’t believe I’m even commenting. This some funny sh*t

some of these threads you just KNOW when you click on them some of the comments are going to be totally worth it

:tiphat:

Atl Falcon likes this

Even more, their defense started single covering Julio on nearly every play lol. Other than Ramsey, how often do we see Julio single covered?

Edited by #1ATLFALCONSFAN
roguebeaver likes this

He would have given us a turnover at some point to keep it closer if he had been trying to save Quinn's job.

He also might have spoken with Quinn and know what is really going on behind the scenes as to whether Quinn's job is really in jeopardy or not.

Nope. Just another situation of "We got up big playing aggressive, but, now, let's play safe the rest of the way and almost blow the game".

Silly NFL coaches. Never learn.

The Don™ likes this