Knight of God

My New FO

88 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, lju713 said:

I wonder if he would bring in a vet playcaller with him until he got comfortable with that duty. I want him because I feel he would bring a run game with him to ATL. He doesn't have to bring Hunt in, I would be happy if he drafted Chase Young and somehow trade back into the 1st and get Swift. KC organization values OL,DL,and RB and we are weak at all of those IMO

Correct, out here WE aka Chiefs are solid on offense (when Pat plays), but Defense feels like its worse than OURs aka Falcons.  

27 minutes ago, KCFalcon22 said:

Correct, out here WE aka Chiefs are solid on offense (when Pat plays), but Defense feels like its worse than OURs aka Falcons.  

I been out there a couple times. Went to Gates and a great soulfood restaurant called the Peachtree. Power and Light district area was kool, so I'm a lil familiar with KC. My hotel had a water park inside it too, so yeah KC was a good experience

KCFalcon22 likes this

On 10/29/2019 at 7:24 AM, Ghosts of Glanville said:

OK, ‘retread with a track record of success’.   Someone good will be unfairly fired after the season. 

Guys like Bienemy scare me.   He’s got an offensive minded head coach and loads of talent.  How much is his doing?  It sounds a lot like the situation Quinn came from in Seattle. 

We need someone to come in here and knock some heads together.   We have too many guys content with just collecting a check. 

Actually to clarify as I said in another post, I meant a Falcons' retread such as Koetter, Mularkey, etc. Another retread from somewhere else could be fine, i.e. Josh McDaniels, etc.

Sorry I misunderstood what you were saying in your other post.

On 10/29/2019 at 4:17 PM, 4dabirds said:

Can Ozzie Newsome be coaxed out of retirement? 

I wish. But No he can’t. 

On 10/29/2019 at 0:05 PM, CMarinoNFL said:

I desperately want Dodds at GM, but he's in lockstep with Ballard. He won't leave Indy. Also really like McClay in Dallas but the chance of him leaving is even lower. As far as what I'd predict:

GM: George Paton, Vikings assistant GM 

Has been previously linked to ATL. Recently heard that ATL liked him when Pioli stepped down.

HC: John DeFilippo, Jaguars offensive coordinator

From the Paton tree. Catching a lot of steam as head coaching candidate. Offensive guy to provide long term MR2 stability. "John DeFilippo has been described as bringing a modernized west coast offense, with some spread-offense concepts, pre-snap movement, and play-action from Philadelphia. Pat Shurmur brought those same things from Philadelphia too. So, from a base scheme perspective, there may not be much change- except players having to learn some new terminology. And like Shurmur, DeFilippo likes to tailor his offense to the strengths of his quarterback."

OC: Aaron Kromer, Rams Run Game Coordinator and Offensive Line Coach

DeFilippo would be calling plays obviously, but a young offensive coach needs a good RG coordinator and an elite OL coach to succeed.  Kromer and DeFilippo have been connected in the past, an iffy source tells me on Twitter.

DC: Rex Ryan

Worked with John DeFilippo in NYJ in 2009. Perfect fit for this defense. Arthur Blank loves Rex.

Not the dream, and not overly pretty, but we can't always get what we want.

Sexy Rexy as a DC is enticing. I don't want him as a HC...but as a DC, I'm all over that

athell likes this

On 10/28/2019 at 8:14 PM, Faithful Falcon said:

You a Chargers Fan?

No the falcons drafted a RB named Eric Bieniemy in the 1st rd I think

Knight of God likes this

11 hours ago, boss said:

No the falcons drafted a RB named Eric Bieniemy in the 1st rd I think

11 hours ago, Knight of God said:

2nd

I think you guys may be confusing him with his college teammate Erric Pegram. We also drafted Mike Pritchard from that 1990 NC Team.

Brett Favre was our 2nd round pick.

Knight of God likes this

7 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I think you guys may be confusing him with his college teammate Erric Pegram. We also drafted Mike Pritchard from that 1990 NC Team.

Brett Favre was our 2nd round pick.

I thought it said Chargers. I know he never played here.

Faithful Falcon likes this

On 10/28/2019 at 8:17 PM, fuego said:

Get out of here with that retread crap. You want us to keep losing?

The only retread I'd take is Shanny. And he's not a retread as HC.

Yes, can we PLEASE at least attempt to form our own identity? Will AB even allow that?

On 10/28/2019 at 4:28 PM, Knight of God said:

I’d like a slam dunk RB

Thought you were high on Ollison, do you mean drafting a RB early? I want a good OL. If Lindstrom is to be Mack's replacement, we need to look at OG. Again.

Knight of God likes this

2 minutes ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

Yes, can we PLEASE at least attempt to form our own identity? Will AB even allow that?

Thought you were high on Ollison, do you mean drafting a RB early? I want a good OL. If Lindstrom is to be Mack's replacement, we need to look at OG. Again.

That’s kind of like being high on cheese pizza because that’s all available, knowing full well I’d never buy a cheese pizza

Chaz likes this

3 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

That’s kind of like being high on cheese pizza because that’s all available, knowing full well I’d never buy a cheese pizza

Thought I remembered you liking the pick, maybe I just read too much in to it. 

And yeah who orders a cheese pizza lol

Knight of God likes this

22 minutes ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

Thought I remembered you liking the pick, maybe I just read too much in to it. 

And yeah who orders a cheese pizza lol

I love the pick, but man. We’re the Falcons and still copying crap people stopped doing nearly 4 years ago

31 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

That’s what I don’t get about some of these players and coaching.

Beasley looked the 2nd coming when Freeney was here it’s almost as though he threw all the stuff the coaches told him and just learnt and listened to Freeney god knows what’s happened since.

Lindstrom if he is to be Mack’s replacement and can’t get it off of how Mack prepares plays and the nuance of the C position what chance does a coach have.

I’ve always wondered this as I had a similar experience.I had 2 guys who were top level players who I learnt more off than any coach taught me in all my years playing.

Half the battle I thought is I just related better and recieved information better coming from the mentioned.Don’t know if it’s the same in the NFL but lord I question a lot of coaches floating around in the game.

Knight of God likes this

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

I love the pick, but man. We’re the Falcons and still copying crap people stopped doing nearly 4 years ago

I have said the same thing in like 20 threads by now. People want to talk about positions, coaches, schemes. None of these things are our problem, my friend. Falcons' problem is they don't know who the **** or what the **** they are. You can't build a castle on quicksand, man.

10 minutes ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

I have said the same thing in like 20 threads by now. People want to talk about positions, coaches, schemes. None of these things are our problem, my friend. Falcons' problem is they don't know who the **** or what the **** they are. You can't build a castle on quicksand, man.

Exactly. We need to get an identity because all we are known for right now is eccentricity and novelty.

On 10/28/2019 at 5:08 PM, Knight of God said:

GM - TJ McCreight

HC - Eric Bieniemy

OC - Klint Kubiak

DC - Chris Kiffin

The best thing about your list is the absence of AB. He just needs to sign his name.

Knight of God likes this

3 hours ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

You thinking like I'm thinking. I was watching the UGA/FLA game and the LG for UGA is nice!! #66 Kindsley(2nd Rd pick) I think is his name. If we add him at LG, Mack would be effective again, and I would like Lindstrom to play 1 full year with Mack, then convert to C.

Edited by lju713

On 10/28/2019 at 6:35 PM, Refried Beans said:

Team President/GM- Ed Dodds

Director of scouting- Pick by Ed Dodds

National Scouts- Picked by Ed Dodd

Head Coach- Picked by Ed Dodd

OC- Hopefully comes with Head Coach

DC- Hopefully comes with Head Coach

Coaching candidates- Kellen Moore, David Shaw, Tony Romo, Robert Saleh

Dobbs will be the sexy GM option in the offseason.  He was Carroll’s secret weapon and now his work with Colts will make him a very good hire.

Kevin Abrams is another guy I like

Refried Beans and Chaz like this

Falcons2012- Blank needs to hire Ed Dodds at ALL COST. Open your check book and pay the man and FINALLY get Atlanta the NFL Executive we have been missing. Take the money we are basically WASTING on McKay, Sabo, Emry, Webster, TD, and Collier and PAY Dodds. When you fail constantly in the draft with that many people, it means the people you have hired are POOR. Reason why they were all FIRED from their last jobs. Clean this out and watch how fast Atlanta wins a Super Bowl. Better front office= better players and coaches= Trophies. 

FalconsIn2012 likes this