Knight of God

My New FO

88 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, fuego said:

Get out of here with that retread crap. You want us to keep losing?

The only retread I'd take is Shanny. And he's not a retread as HC.

I think McDaniels would be a solid retread due to his playcalling ability if he doesn't renege.

4 minutes ago, The Architect said:

I think McDaniels would be a solid retread due to his playcalling ability if he doesn't renege.

By retread I mean a Falcons' retread such Koetter, even though he wasn't the HC. I don't want anyone formerly on staff. McDaniels is fine. 

The Architect likes this

7 minutes ago, fuego said:

By retread I mean a Falcons' retread such Koetter, even though he wasn't the HC. I don't want anyone formerly on staff. McDaniels is fine. 

Gotcha. I agree, it should be a full cleaning of house. Even Rich McKay needs to go but I feel like he's going to stick around.

21 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

I want a GM who believes the game is won in the trenches by running the ball, stopping the run, pass rush and establishing the run to set up the pass. These four pillars of football have never changed. 

YES.

Refried Beans likes this

7 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Man that’s encouraging. He was like that as a player as well. 

EB’s college OC stats scare me. I’m on the fence on whether the KC offense is a result of him or Reid. I think he definitely will fix the run game as seems to be a RB whisper. 

Edited by NWFALCON
CMarinoNFL and Schwarzwald like this

22 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

EB’s college OC stats scare me. I’m on the fence on whether the KC offense is a result of him or Reid. I think he definitely will fix the run game as seems to be a RB whisper. 

That’s all I need to hear

NWFALCON, Vandy and Schwarzwald like this

8 hours ago, fuego said:

Get out of here with that retread crap. You want us to keep losing?

The only retread I'd take is Shanny. And he's not a retread as HC.

OK, ‘retread with a track record of success’.   Someone good will be unfairly fired after the season. 

Guys like Bienemy scare me.   He’s got an offensive minded head coach and loads of talent.  How much is his doing?  It sounds a lot like the situation Quinn came from in Seattle. 

We need someone to come in here and knock some heads together.   We have too many guys content with just collecting a check. 

Refried Beans likes this

10 hours ago, lju713 said:

I been beating the EB drum for a while. You flamed me for it earlier but now you see why I said him, because of what you said, he would bring in Hunt(hopefully) to replace Free and we would rebuild the OL and run game to better protect Matt.

I want to see how he does calling his own plays instead of bad clock management Andy.  That's the only hangup I have on him (and you know of all ppl thats been my problem), BUTTTTT I guess that is how you learn as well (BY SOMEONE ELSES MISTAKES).

16 hours ago, Knight of God said:

GM - TJ McCreight

HC - Eric Bieniemy

OC - Klint Kubiak

DC - Chris Kiffin

Eric Bieniemy would just be another Dan Quinn. 

Man give me Bienemy all day. Everything I've seen and read about him sells me. His RB background tells you he's committed to a running game, but his experience in KC isn't going to shy him away from modern offensive schemes. He's involved in the game planning and play design and has been a big part of developing Mahomes and was with Adrian Peterson. He seems to be a strong leader of men, which is important, but isn't going to coddle you. That's DQ's problem. He's become friends with the players and lost the ability to hold them accountable. Don't know much about McCreight or if he'd even be a real candidate. Stealing Klint Kubiak would be big. 

All in all, if we get Bienemy, I can live with whatever else happens. 

Schwarzwald likes this

16 hours ago, Knight of God said:

GM - TJ McCreight

HC - Eric Bieniemy

OC - Klint Kubiak

DC - Chris Kiffin

Is Bieniemy bringing Patrick Mahomes with him?

I wouldnt mind Eric B. Read articles that he is super detail oriented. 

Also I want to get Mike McDaniel a look. He has that SF run game off the charts and has been with Shanny for years.

5 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

Wish list 

GM - Ed Dodds

HC - Jimmy Harbaugh / David Shaw / Rex Ryan/ Lincoln Riley

DC - Rex / Stoops / Steve Belichik / Jerod Mayo / Fangio

I like what I've read of Ed Dodds as well.

Osiruz likes this

I like David Shaw as head coach becasue he's been a Head Coach, we have hired noting but 1st time head coaches since Blank has owned the team and they constantly have issue with managing the clock and really managing a team. I want someone that can come in this time with HEAD COACHING EXPERIENCE. Plus David Shaw has a OFFENSIVE run first background. I think David Shaw would work well with Ed Dodds, and have similar personalities and are no non-sense workaholics at their jobs. They will be quick to get rid of anyone who is not toeing the line and cannot hack it at the NFL level both on the field and in the front office/scouting department. This is the type of mentality we need in Flowery Branch. Blank needs to tell Rich McKay thank you for his efforts and we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors and lets get the ball rolling because someone soon is going to hire Dodds and Shaw and we are going to be stuck with the left overs. If I was owner I would have already made the calls and started arranging the contracts and offers.  

2 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

I like David Shaw as head coach becasue he's been a Head Coach, we have hired noting but 1st time head coaches since Blank has owned the team and they constantly have issue with managing the clock and really managing a team. I want someone that can come in this time with HEAD COACHING EXPERIENCE. Plus David Shaw has a OFFENSIVE run first background. I think David Shaw would work well with Ed Dodds, and have similar personalities and are no non-sense workaholics at their jobs. They will be quick to get rid of anyone who is not toeing the line and cannot hack it at the NFL level both on the field and in the front office/scouting department. This is the type of mentality we need in Flowery Branch. Blank needs to tell Rich McKay thank you for his efforts and we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors and lets get the ball rolling because someone soon is going to hire Dodds and Shaw and we are going to be stuck with the left overs. If I was owner I would have already made the calls and started arranging the contracts and offers.  

is david shaw a college coach now? I would think the pigtrino fiasco would have broken mr blank from looking at the college coaches

I desperately want Dodds at GM, but he's in lockstep with Ballard. He won't leave Indy. Also really like McClay in Dallas but the chance of him leaving is even lower. As far as what I'd predict:

GM: George Paton, Vikings assistant GM 

Has been previously linked to ATL. Recently heard that ATL liked him when Pioli stepped down.

HC: John DeFilippo, Jaguars offensive coordinator

From the Paton tree. Catching a lot of steam as head coaching candidate. Offensive guy to provide long term MR2 stability. "John DeFilippo has been described as bringing a modernized west coast offense, with some spread-offense concepts, pre-snap movement, and play-action from Philadelphia. Pat Shurmur brought those same things from Philadelphia too. So, from a base scheme perspective, there may not be much change- except players having to learn some new terminology. And like Shurmur, DeFilippo likes to tailor his offense to the strengths of his quarterback."

OC: Aaron Kromer, Rams Run Game Coordinator and Offensive Line Coach

DeFilippo would be calling plays obviously, but a young offensive coach needs a good RG coordinator and an elite OL coach to succeed.  Kromer and DeFilippo have been connected in the past, an iffy source tells me on Twitter.

DC: Rex Ryan

Worked with John DeFilippo in NYJ in 2009. Perfect fit for this defense. Arthur Blank loves Rex.

Not the dream, and not overly pretty, but we can't always get what we want.

Edited by CMarinoNFL

Dodds will leave Indy. Blank has the bank maybe he can spend it wisely now. He can take the money he is wasting on Mckay, TD, Emry, Collier, Sabo, and Webster and streamline his scouting department. You get what you pay for.  

4 hours ago, KCFalcon22 said:

I want to see how he does calling his own plays instead of bad clock management Andy.  That's the only hangup I have on him (and you know of all ppl thats been my problem), BUTTTTT I guess that is how you learn as well (BY SOMEONE ELSES MISTAKES).

I wonder if he would bring in a vet playcaller with him until he got comfortable with that duty. I want him because I feel he would bring a run game with him to ATL. He doesn't have to bring Hunt in, I would be happy if he drafted Chase Young and somehow trade back into the 1st and get Swift. KC organization values OL,DL,and RB and we are weak at all of those IMO

KCFalcon22 likes this