Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FalconofShadows

My opinion: Looks like no more trades happening for ATL

24 posts in this topic

Seems like noone wants Beasley and havent heard anything more then a blurb here or there about the team really trying to ship anyone else. Was hoping to see a few players to to give allot of leeway come draft time.and have as much rollover cap as possible but it doesnt seem like this will be the case

Narcaguga likes this

A lot can happen in the next 24 hours.

Personally I hope they offload players like Beasley, Trufant and Freeman, even if they only get a 7th rounder for each one. Getting rid of half of their 2019 salary would be huge and non of them is here in 2020 anyway. Heck in Freemans and Beasleys case, I would even add a 7th just so anyone would pick them up.

4 minutes ago, FalconofShadows said:

Seems like noone wants Beasley and havent heard anything more then a blurb here or there about the team really trying to ship anyone else. Was hoping to see a few players to to give allot of leeway come draft time.and have as much rollover cap as possible but it doesnt seem like this will be the case

Link?

1989Fan likes this

I'd love to see the rumored link that Atl Chi talks about trading for MR2.....

Trade Trufant and Freeman and give up a 6th to get Bs the heck out of here....I'm sick of seeing him do nothing

Trade Campbell for what you can get and take it to the draft bank

Rico can go too....even tho I love him he's overpaid

All this overpaying crap has caught up with TD

Get what you can for mack too...he'll be gone in a year or so anyway

Keep the core - Ridley, Lindstorm, McGary, Hooper for sure, maybe Matthews, Grady, D Jones, Kazee, JJ unless a great offer comes along, same for MR2, Foye, Sheffield.....

It doesn't have to be a total rebuild

Osiruz and YungFalco like this

We'll be fine cap wise when its time, no changes are being made as of now for the foreseeable future. Blank mishandled the Smitty situation and is being cautious with DQ. Our players are drafted based on measurables vs skills. No other team selects players based on measurables, so one other team sees value in the players.

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

4 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Here's a link that says it will never happen.

https://overthecap.com/player/matt-ryan/823/

Trade pre June 1 for 2020 is a hair over $9 million in cap savings over $43 million in dead money.  Just....for....2020......  My reading is a post-June 1 trade flips that a hair, in that we'd have $13 million in dead money over $20 million in cap savings, but we'd be on the hook for the rest of the $56 million in remaining guaranteed money in 2021.

Schwarzwald and Atl Falcon like this

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

Here's a link that says it will never happen.

https://overthecap.com/player/matt-ryan/823/

Trade pre June 1 for 2020 is a hair over $9 million in cap savings over $43 million in dead money.  Just....for....2020......  My reading is a post-June 1 trade flips that a hair, in that we'd have $13 million in dead money over $20 million in cap savings, but we'd be on the hook for the rest of the $56 million in remaining guaranteed money in 2021.

Soooo. that means that trading Matt Ryan is a bad idea? Lol

56 minutes ago, Herr Beast said:

A lot can happen in the next 24 hours.

Personally I hope they offload players like Beasley, Trufant and Freeman, even if they only get a 7th rounder for each one. Getting rid of half of their 2019 salary would be huge and non of them is here in 2020 anyway. Heck in Freemans and Beasleys case, I would even add a 7th just so anyone would pick them up.

^This.

Tru may go to a CB hungry team, it's unlikely Free is traded, but Beasley might net a 5th or 6th.

ALL TRADES OF SUCH PLAYERS CREATE ROLLOVER CAP SPACE FOR 2020 AND WOULD HELP MORE THAN CUTTING THEM AFTER THE SEASON!

/caps

1 hour ago, FalconofShadows said:

Great--We are STUCK with Vic Beasley!!!

32 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Maybe Pittsburgh is desperate for a RB after last night. They're still fighting for the division at the moment and have the offensive line to make it work. 

I would love for this to happen

Edited by ICUH8N
ya_boi_j likes this

16 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

Trade Trufant and Freeman and give up a 6th to get Bs the heck out of here....I'm sick of seeing him do nothing

Trade Campbell for what you can get and take it to the draft bank

Rico can go too....even tho I love him he's overpaid

All this overpaying crap has caught up with TD

Get what you can for mack too...he'll be gone in a year or so anyway

Keep the core - Ridley, Lindstorm, McGary, Hooper for sure, maybe Matthews, Grady, D Jones, Kazee, JJ unless a great offer comes along, same for MR2, Foye, Sheffield.....

It doesn't have to be a total rebuild

I totally agree. Every player you named that needs to be replaced can be done with a rookie, especially Free and Tru. A rookie RB(Swift) would be cheaper and more productive than Free at this point. And a improved pass rush via draft(Chase Young) or FA(??) would help the secondary. This isn't a hard fix for a new coach and GM

vitaman and Atl Falcon like this

3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Maybe Pittsburgh is desperate for a RB after last night. They're still fighting for the division at the moment and have the offensive line to make it work. 

Anything to get Freeman (the non-blocker) out of town!!