Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SaintRay

Next up - Falcons at Saints

I would love for the Falcons to win this game, or at least be very competitive and keep it close. However, I know the Falcons will take the two weeks to prepare and still look like total garbage. There is absolutely no reason for me to believe that the Falcons are even the tiniest bit capable of resembling an NFL team right now. I expect an embarrassing blowout, it will be a blowout, and I sorta expect that Arthur Blank will tell Dan Quinn that he is free to leave now or be fired at seasons end. 

@SaintRay   While we normally can throw everything out the window with these 2 teams - and this is true most years - I just don't see it this year.   It's more than just sucking on defense, it seems the heart is out of most of the players.

The offense will try, but your defense is looking better than your offense this year, so I don't give them much of a shot.   I would guess that we drive the ball down - then turn it over before scoring - multiple times.

I really see this as a major blow-out and though I will watch it like always - and I will root for the Falcons all the way, I fear it's going to be a heartbreak game for Falcon fans.

I just hope we show up and give you a game.   That would be the best scenario for us at this point.

Still trying to rise up .... 

9 minutes ago, Tandy said:

@SaintRay   While we normally can throw everything out the window with these 2 teams - and this is true most years - I just don't see it this year.   It's more than just sucking on defense, it seems the heart is out of most of the players.

The offense will try, but your defense is looking better than your offense this year, so I don't give them much of a shot.   I would guess that we drive the ball down - then turn it over before scoring - multiple times.

I really see this as a major blow-out and though I will watch it like always - and I will root for the Falcons all the way, I fear it's going to be a heartbreak game for Falcon fans.

I just hope we show up and give you a game.   That would be the best scenario for us at this point.

Still trying to rise up .... 

Agree with everything you just said except the "heartbreak" part. The Falcons fans hearts were broken in week 4 against Ten, when the reality hit that the season was over and it sunk in that the Falcons simply were not a good football team. The Saints will win by 2 possessions, and Falcon fans are mostly going to laugh or not care.

3 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Agree with everything you just said except the "heartbreak" part. The Falcons fans hearts were broken in week 4 against Ten, when the reality hit that the season was over and it sunk in that the Falcons simply were not a good football team. The Saints will win by 2 possessions, and Falcon fans are mostly going to laugh or not care.

I'll laugh and probably won't care any more this season.

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

Same. I actually really want Chase Young. I’m officially on the tank train, for the first time ever. I hope we lose every game from here 

We most likely will lose them all. Saints will best us by at least 17 points.

On 10/28/2019 at 2:21 PM, 1989Fan said:

That’s a lame assss name man...

well this is a lame asssss team, so it fits.

I'm predicting they score at least 60 against this defense.

and I apologize to professional defenses everywhere for that comparison...

I mean the freaking texans hit the 50s on us, although I do believe there was a defensive score in there too, but that can happen this week as well

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Same. I actually really want Chase Young. I’m officially on the tank train, for the first time ever. I hope we lose every game from here 

Finally young sky walker, you are coming around, we saved you a warm spot on the dark side. The Tank worked well with the 49ers...

13 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yea but unlike you, I want to keep our QB

My strategy is to keep him 1-2 more seasons, so about a season less than you lol. Only difference is IMO if we find a stud then we would try to move Ryan and allow another team to absorb some of his cap. 

3 hours ago, papachaz said:

well this is a lame asssss team, so it fits.

I'm predicting they score at least 60 against this defense

and I apologize to professional defenses everywhere for that comparison..

I mean the freaking texans hit the 50s on us, although I do believe there was a defensive score in there too, but that can happen this week as well

All anyone has to do is pass us to death. We don't cover receivers worth a c▪ap.

12 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

All anyone has to do is pass us to death. We don't cover receivers worth a c▪ap.

ok so maybe both teams score in the 50s, but we'll turn the ball over at least twice, I'm banking on three times. so there's your 17 point victory because our defense couln't stop the water boys if they all lined up on offense

see the post by @Tandy  above for a more in depth explanation if need be :tiphat:

I'm not expecting a blow out. I think the Saints win by 10 - 14 points which is pretty respectable for the Falcons this year.

The Falcons play 5 consecutive division games. The Saints play 4 consecutive division games.

I think the Saints will pace themselves to get thru this gauntlet while the Falcons will shoot their load quickly and fade more and more. By the third division game playing the Falcons will be like kicking a three legged dog.

On 10/30/2019 at 1:54 PM, FinalScore2.0 said:

I'm not expecting a blow out. I think the Saints win by 10 - 14 points which is pretty respectable for the Falcons this year.

The Falcons play 5 consecutive division games. The Saints play 4 consecutive division games.

I think the Saints will pace themselves to get thru this gauntlet while the Falcons will shoot their load quickly and fade more and more. By the third division game playing the Falcons will be like kicking a three legged dog.

More like a 1-legged chicken, but I guess I'm nitpicking here :lol:

On 10/28/2019 at 2:20 PM, high impact said:

Watch out Ray you will be getting a pissed off Quinn. We all know what that means..... 

I've heard Quinn is so pissed that he is only allowing music from "Now that's what I call Music 72" to be played at practice.

With hits like Alisha Dixon's "The Boy does Nothing", Kelly Clarkson's "My Life would suck without you" and Ne-Yo's "Mad", the tension in Flowery Branch is palpable.