Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SaintRay

Next up - Falcons at Saints

If there is anything that I have learned in watching football, is that when it comes to divisional matchups, you have to throw out the records. It doesn't matter how well or how poorly a team has been doing. These two teams hate each other and know each other very well. This game COULD be a blowout or it COULD be a nip and tuck game. It makes me nervous because everybody expects a bloodletting, something the Saints seem to fail at when expected. I hope they remain focused and there are no injuries on either side.

Edited by SaintsFanInLA

23 minutes ago, SaintsFanInLA said:

If there is anything that I have learned in watching football, is that when it comes to divisional matchups, you have to throw out the records. It doesn't matter how well or how poorly a team has been doing. These two teams hate each other and know each other very well. This game COULD be a blowout or it COULD be a nip and tuck game. It makes me nervous because everybody expects a bloodletting, something the Saints seem to fail at when expected. I hope they remain focused and there are no injuries on either side.

lol I wish I could feel otherwise, but we are going to get run out of the stadium in 2 weeks. If the Saints don't win by at least 14 I will be shocked. This is one of the best teams in the NFC vs arguably the worst. It will not be close. The Falcons fast and physical defense will be letting guys run wide open all day. 

Final prediction:
Falcons 17
Saints 41

4 hours ago, FalconJim said:

Well, that's kind of a childish thing to say, Octo.  Wouldn't that be like cutting your nose off, to spite your face?  I mean, if we missed drafting him, and you're the Falcons fan I think you are, wouldn't that hurt you, as well as the team?!?!?!  And just for the record, I've never been a "tanker" before --- in fact, just the opposite --- I've rooted for this team since NINETEEN SIXTY SIX, in every game, on every play, and on every down.  But in a lost season like this, doesn't it just make more sense to think of where you're gonna wind up in the next draft!  We could sure use a guy like that DE at Ohio State!!!  

Exactly, us missing out on Khalil Mack hurt. 

8 hours ago, D.B.N. said:

You don’t know **** about me little boy. I have been a Falcon fan for life been an active member here for going on 7 years. FTS! But keep telling yourself you know me!  

Doesn't matter. I know you Aints fans love to be in disguise on this forum so you can go back to your forum and giggle like little girls

8 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Man, nothing compares to the Katrina bowl. That was the most obnoxious night of all time 

Y’all ready did get the short end of the stick that night with the NFL scheduling y’all as our first game back in the Superdome.

However, I don’t think we could’ve lost that night, regardless of who was on the other sideline. I was in that building and the experience was something I can’t fully describe and haven’t even come close to feeling since, despite all the games I’ve gone to afterward.

3 hours ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

Doesn't matter. I know you Aints fans love to be in disguise on this forum so you can go back to your forum and giggle like little girls

Excuse you, I’ll giggle like a little girl right here! :lol:

2 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

Y’all ready did get the short end of the stick that night with the NFL scheduling y’all as our first game back in the Superdome.

However, I don’t think we could’ve lost that night, regardless of who was on the other sideline. I was in that building and the experience was something I can’t fully describe and haven’t even come close to feeling since, despite all the games I’ve gone to afterward.

Excuse you, I’ll giggle like a little girl right here! :lol:

Great experience for you guys. Awful experience for Falcons fans. When I saw Green Day and Bono on Tv, I rolled my eyes so hard my brain hurt. I knew we were in trouble. 

13 hours ago, FalconJim said:

A Master Plan?  Well, Thank You!!!  And if you're comparing our last DE 1st round pick to, Chase Young, then you know nothing about football, or talent!  Anybody with one eye, and half sense would know there's little comparison to the two --- 

So that begs the question of why you selected Beasley #8 overall. 

You know, since i know nothing about football or talent. 

Edited by Glorioso

21 minutes ago, SaintRay said:

This game will be closer than some of you Falcon fans think.

Rivalry games are always the best games of the season.

And when the falcons only lose by 4, you can come talk trash to us claiming you were right. Lol can’t blame us for thinking we have no chance. This is the most disappointing season in years 

Even IF we manage to keep the game close, our defense will not be able to get a stop when it matters.

I will never want the Saints to beat the Falcons, even for draft status, but I really don't care what happens in this game. Just no serious injuries.

3 hours ago, Glorioso said:

So that begs the question of why you selected Beasley #8 overall. 

You know, since i know nothing about football or talent. 

Why "I" selected him?  LOL!  I promise you I had nothing to do with that!!!  Not a soul from the Falcons org. called me before the draft and asked me for my opinion on Bustley --- but I know what you mean. 
Best I remember, he was a very logical choice and a position of need for us.  So at the time, I didn't have a problem with it, like a lot of other Falcons Fans. 

Long story short ---- Man, were we wrong!!!  And then we turn around and add insult to injury by paying the guy a boatload of $$$ --- maybe the strangest move I've ever seen this team make.....maybe. 

6 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Great experience for you guys. Awful experience for Falcons fans. When I saw Green Day and Bono on Tv, I rolled my eyes so hard my brain hurt. I knew we were in trouble. 

Definitely understandable, they pretty much sacrificed y’all that night. And yes, that was a really odd mix. For some reason, the Goo Goo Dolls also played outside before the doors opened.

1 hour ago, Godzilla1985 said:

I think winning a SB 1st pretty much took care of that. 

It appeases it slightly, but every time I look at our all-time record between us, I see that “0-1” in the post season category and it’s like...

tenor.gif?itemid=5484184

Maybe one day! :lol:

5 hours ago, kschreck said:

Even IF we manage to keep the game close, our defense will not be able to get a stop when it matters.

I will never want the Saints to beat the Falcons, even for draft status, but I really don't care what happens in this game. Just no serious injuries.

if you bull rush armstead you sack brees its simple armstead is weak and lasy

6 hours ago, SaintRay said:

This is the worst Falcons team I’ve seen in 20 years. I HOPE they get their ***** handed to them. They deserve it.

4 hours ago, FalconJim said:

Why "I" selected him?  LOL!  I promise you I had nothing to do with that!!!  Not a soul from the Falcons org. called me before the draft and asked me for my opinion on Bustley --- but I know what you mean. 
Best I remember, he was a very logical choice and a position of need for us.  So at the time, I didn't have a problem with it, like a lot of other Falcons Fans. 

Long story short ---- Man, were we wrong!!!  And then we turn around and add insult to injury by paying the guy a boatload of $$$ --- maybe the strangest move I've ever seen this team make.....maybe. 

point being- there is no telling what Chase will do in the NFL. Shoot, he may get injured first week of training camp and be out the year. 

then what? Still thin...if a rebuild is in the cards, you start with that porous OLine. The one area the Saints KNOW not to neglect is the Oline. We did...for 3 years...2014-17. got us 3 consecutive 7-9 seasons.Hit gold with Ramcyzk and McCoy with vets like Warford, Peat and Armstead. 

Thats where games get won. 

19 minutes ago, Glorioso said:

point being- there is no telling what Chase will do in the NFL. Shoot, he may get injured first week of training camp and be out the year. 

then what? Still thin...if a rebuild is in the cards, you start with that porous OLine. The one area the Saints KNOW not to neglect is the Oline. We did...for 3 years...2014-17. got us 3 consecutive 7-9 seasons.Hit gold with Ramcyzk and McCoy with vets like Warford, Peat and Armstead. 

Thats where games get won. 

I'll have to agree with your last statement....most games are won and lost in the "trenches", and we haven't done a good enough job at that, apparently ---- especially, on defense.  Of course we did draft 2 OLinemen, and one had heart problems (that got corrected, but he still missed most of preseason).  And the other broke his foot --- so, the jury is still out on how that'll affect our O-line when they both get back. 
And heck, you can never tell what a draftee will do in the NFL --- or, if they'll get injured right off the bat.  But somehow I don't think that'll be the case with Chase.  The guy is a disruptive "monster" on defense, and should be able to hold his own when he gets to the next level!  But all this talk could be for nothing....we may not even have the chance to get him ---  :(

The Offensive and Defensive yards numbers are much closer than the reality on the field.  The Saints Defense gives up a good chunk of the passing yards in garbage time after they have secured the victory.  The Falcons Offense gets a large chunk of yards in catch up time after they are far behind.  The Falcons will probably play their best game of the year in New Orleans.  If the Saints play their "average" game they will beat the Falcons by 10-14 points.

10 hours ago, SaintRay said:

If it ends a close score I'll cut off my silver dreadlocks.

Edited by Big_Dog

23 hours ago, SaintsFanInLA said:

This is somewhat true, but I've also just seen so many blown assignments - and just simple stuff, not "ohhhhh that was a sneaky play, good job" type of stuff. Routine offensive plays chunk this D hard, I can't imagine this game being close...there would have to be a collective reversal of a season-long brain fart that I just don't see happening overnight.

On 10/28/2019 at 3:21 PM, JD dirtybird21 said:

Saints 24

Falcons 13

You really think the Falcons can hold the Saints scoreless the last 3 quarters of the game?

Glad to see some of you still have spirit for this game.

God knows I have been through bad seasons with the Saints but I still wanted those rivalry wins. They are like an oasis in the middle of a desert

I dont ever expect easy from our rivalry