Cole World

Isaiah Oliver on wide-open TDs

49 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, SPITFIRE said:

If they were in three and thats outside the numbers he would not make it there. 

To help line them up? His main power? Wow! I guess he was on the bench. Many SS, SLB, WLB, and NB have helped line em up

Godzilla1985 likes this

On 10/27/2019 at 8:52 PM, Cole World said:

Falcons CB Isaiah Oliver on the wide-open TDs to Seahawks WR DK Metcalf: “We feel like the plays we gave up in the first half were due to miscommunication. The two TDs, both of them, we just weren’t in the right spot at the right time and gave up a couple touchdowns. In the second half, we just made it simpler. ... You can’t give up those kinds of points in one half of football and expect to be able to come back against a good team.”

It takes 8 games to figure this out...make it simpler...???

Edited by OilFuturesTrader19
Boise Falcon Fan likes this

9 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

To help line them up? His main power? Wow! I guess he was on the bench. Many SS, SLB, WLB, and NB have helped line em up

what..? 

On 10/28/2019 at 10:08 PM, Knight of God said:

Everybody Is on Oliver, as well as Trufant and kazee’s azzes this season. Which is justified, they’ve all played poorly. But one could make a strong argument that Rico’s been the worst of the entire bunch this season.

Seriously. 

13 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Everybody Is on Oliver, as well as Trufant and kazee’s azzes this season. Which is justified, they’ve all played poorly. But one could make a strong argument that Rico’s been the worst of the entire bunch this season.

Seriously. 

He’s always played that way, but when everything else is clicking it doesn’t stand out as bad. Like I’ve said before, he was getting way more credit than was deserved. As is true when the problem of the average FS in the Cover 3 is observed

Vandy, KRUNKuno and Flying Falcon like this

5 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

He’s always played that way, but when everything else is clicking it doesn’t stand out as bad. Like I’ve said before, he was getting way more credit than was deserved. As is true when the problem of the average FS in the Cover 3 is observed

I hear what you’re saying, but I’ve never seen him this bad. Missed a ton of tackles. And all the folks who in past gave him cred for lining everyone up in the past? Secondary has looked like they were hit by kamakazee attack all year long. Nobody’s lined up correct, including Rico/Suave ( @FalconFan1970)

12 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I hear what you’re saying, but I’ve never seen him this bad. Missed a ton of tackles. And all the folks who in past gave him cred for lining everyone up in the past? Secondary has looked like they were hit by kamakazee attack all year long. Nobody’s lined up correct, including Rico/Suave ( @FalconFan1970)

The flaw in his game was covered. Not so much now

Vandy and Godzilla1985 like this

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

And we still gave him a brotherhood contract smhh

Knight of God and m2Falcons like this

On 10/28/2019 at 4:43 AM, atljbo said:

Bruhhhhhh... That was his thing coming out of Colorado...  I have no idea why we was zonine earlier during the year.

He looks much better in man.... We look much better in press man cov

Yup, we are historically bad in zone coverage. 

atljbo and m2Falcons like this

On 10/27/2019 at 9:17 PM, roguebeaver said:

So now I Oliver gets to chat it up!!! OMG, a clown team now for sure! 

Dude every thread you turn everything into a negative. What is he suppose to do when reporters ask him questions? just nod? We get it- you're upset with the team and its ruined your life. Now go get your big boy pants on.

42 minutes ago, Shagpill 2.0 said:

Dude every thread you turn everything into a negative. What is he suppose to do when reporters ask him questions? just nod? We get it- you're upset with the team and its ruined your life. Now go get your big boy pants on.

Are you with the Falcons PR staff? You should be fanboy 

On 10/28/2019 at 1:43 AM, atljbo said:

Bruhhhhhh... That was his thing coming out of Colorado...  I have no idea why we was zonine earlier during the year.

He looks much better in man.... We look much better in press man cov

#Quinning

But apparently we should blame TD for everything and Quinn should stay... at least that's what I've seen on the boards. 

I’ve mentioned many times before that I don’t have a problem with how Oliver is playing, mainly because he’s not been regularly playing the style that had him widely considered as a day 2 draft pick.

Also, the defensive backs in this scheme under Quinn have all experienced drastic drop offs.  Just last year you guys were shaming Brian Poole and all he’s done is see a rise in his production with NYJ.  Leads me to believe it’s the coach and not the players.

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:50 PM, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Interesting. If only we could get a follow up question to expound on that. I’m curious to know what they did because they did play better in the second half.

And why the "making it simpler" didn't happen earlier in the season when it was obvious blown assignments were killing this defense.  Not just in this game, but all season.

24 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

He got a contract for “lining people up correctly”

whoop di doo

Ive said it before, Pats let what we consider our premier players go all the time.  Allen overachieved his way to a contract.

5 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

He got a contract for “lining people up correctly”

whoop di doo

Ive said it before, Pats let what we consider our premier players go all the time.  Allen overachieved his way to a contract.

Yeah but it’s not as exaggerated as your making out to be.I wonder if this is even a discussion if the teams winning.

**** throw shade on Debo’s contract he’s getting twice as much for exactly what:shrug:.

The dudes a great player 45 but he’s going no better than Rico for twice the money since that’s what this is about.