Isaiah Oliver on wide-open TDs

Falcons CB Isaiah Oliver on the wide-open TDs to Seahawks WR DK Metcalf: “We feel like the plays we gave up in the first half were due to miscommunication. The two TDs, both of them, we just weren’t in the right spot at the right time and gave up a couple touchdowns. In the second half, we just made it simpler. ... You can’t give up those kinds of points in one half of football and expect to be able to come back against a good team.”

9 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Saw some positives in that aspect today.

Sheffield was tight in coverage got beat by some great throws.

Tackling is still an issue with this team.

Sheffields speed really helps him recover when the wr creates separation. If he can start to get his head around he could have some picks for the D.

1 minute ago, Jerz #Quinning said:

Sheffields speed really helps him recover when the wr creates separation. If he can start to get his head around he could have some picks for the D.

He reminds me a bit like Alford in that respect his ability to go stride for stride with a WRer.He just needs that nuance and I think we may have something.

I don’t mind him because you can see in this crap box we have going on defensively he’s actually putting in.

Saw Debo get beat today and even though Sheffield got bumped he put his body on the line that tells me he’s going hard.

3 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

He reminds me a bit like Alford in that respect his ability to go stride for stride with a WRer.He just needs that nuance and I think we may have something.

I don’t mind him because you can see in this crap box we have going on defensively he’s actually putting in.

Saw Debo get beat today and even though Sheffield got bumped he put his body on the line that tells me he’s going hard.

Spot on, nuance is what keeps athletes in the league. 

He’s playing hard and it shows. At first I thought maybe his size would hinder him a bit but he’s making up for it in a way. I hope he continues to develop.

56 minutes ago, Cole World said:

Falcons CB Isaiah Oliver on the wide-open TDs to Seahawks WR DK Metcalf: “We feel like the plays we gave up in the first half were due to miscommunication. The two TDs, both of them, we just weren’t in the right spot at the right time and gave up a couple touchdowns. In the second half, we just made it simpler. ... You can’t give up those kinds of points in one half of football and expect to be able to come back against a good team.”

Interesting. If only we could get a follow up question to expound on that. I’m curious to know what they did because they did play better in the second half.

3 hours ago, Cole World said:

Isaiah Oliver wouldn't start for a 31 teams in this league. 

9 hours ago, Jerz #Quinning said:

Sheffield got his @ss beat all day. Coverage was good every time, he just didn't play the ball. Oliver was solid. We should have called a Timeout on Metcalf's 2nd TD. No one can be blamed for that.