Cole World

Isaiah Oliver on wide-open TDs

49 posts in this topic

Falcons CB Isaiah Oliver on the wide-open TDs to Seahawks WR DK Metcalf: “We feel like the plays we gave up in the first half were due to miscommunication. The two TDs, both of them, we just weren’t in the right spot at the right time and gave up a couple touchdowns. In the second half, we just made it simpler. ... You can’t give up those kinds of points in one half of football and expect to be able to come back against a good team.”

Schwarzwald and atlbaby like this

9 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Saw some positives in that aspect today.

Sheffield was tight in coverage got beat by some great throws.

Tackling is still an issue with this team.

Sheffields speed really helps him recover when the wr creates separation. If he can start to get his head around he could have some picks for the D.

1 minute ago, Jerz #Quinning said:

Sheffields speed really helps him recover when the wr creates separation. If he can start to get his head around he could have some picks for the D.

He reminds me a bit like Alford in that respect his ability to go stride for stride with a WRer.He just needs that nuance and I think we may have something.

I don’t mind him because you can see in this crap box we have going on defensively he’s actually putting in.

Saw Debo get beat today and even though Sheffield got bumped he put his body on the line that tells me he’s going hard.

3 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

He reminds me a bit like Alford in that respect his ability to go stride for stride with a WRer.He just needs that nuance and I think we may have something.

I don’t mind him because you can see in this crap box we have going on defensively he’s actually putting in.

Saw Debo get beat today and even though Sheffield got bumped he put his body on the line that tells me he’s going hard.

Spot on, nuance is what keeps athletes in the league. 

He’s playing hard and it shows. At first I thought maybe his size would hinder him a bit but he’s making up for it in a way. I hope he continues to develop.

This defense blow assignment and intercommunicate too much.  I chalk that up to coaching instead of lack of talent.  Sure you can blame the player for blowing assignment, but if the coach does not hold the players accountable then it will continue to happen.

56 minutes ago, Cole World said:

Falcons CB Isaiah Oliver on the wide-open TDs to Seahawks WR DK Metcalf: “We feel like the plays we gave up in the first half were due to miscommunication. The two TDs, both of them, we just weren’t in the right spot at the right time and gave up a couple touchdowns. In the second half, we just made it simpler. ... You can’t give up those kinds of points in one half of football and expect to be able to come back against a good team.”

Interesting. If only we could get a follow up question to expound on that. I’m curious to know what they did because they did play better in the second half.

3 hours ago, Cole World said:

Isaiah Oliver wouldn't start for a 31 teams in this league. 

7 hours ago, NWFALCON said:

Man, he looks a lot better in Man to Man.

Bruhhhhhh... That was his thing coming out of Colorado...  I have no idea why we was zonine earlier during the year.

He looks much better in man.... We look much better in press man cov

9 hours ago, Jerz #Quinning said:

Sheffield got his @ss beat all day. Coverage was good every time, he just didn't play the ball. Oliver was solid. We should have called a Timeout on Metcalf's 2nd TD. No one can be blamed for that.

1 hour ago, MSalmon said:

I bet not a person in this thread will point out how little over the top support the cbs have and continue to receive from uncle rico

Rico was in the box. Kazee looked to be playing single high a lot. 

Schwarzwald likes this

14 hours ago, NWFALCON said:

Rico was in the box. Kazee looked to be playing single high a lot. 

Rico was single high as well, DQ ran Kazee in and out, even the announcer noticed that

NWFALCON and Schwarzwald like this

16 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Wherefore was Allen

If they were in three and thats outside the numbers he would not make it there. 

Schwarzwald likes this

So, this is what, the 8th game of the season, and there's STILL miscommunication?!?!  What's up with that?  Sounds like he was tryin' to cover his arsk, if you ask me. 
I hope he comes around, though, and becomes a better player....we could sure use it about right now!!!