DirtyBird7000k

Vick was a better QB than Ryan!

79 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, 4dabirds said:

Potential doesn't equate to ****. Vick had a great opportunity in Philly and didn't do **** there either. 

Matt Ryan is hands down far better than Vick; it's not even debatable.

They lost to Green Bay by 5 points. The same Green Bay that beat us by 24 the next week in the dome. Let's not act like that Eagles team was a Super Bowl team. That team's success had a lot to do with Vick. 

Why people feel the need to make numerous post trying so many different ways to disprove Ryan.

We get it you dont like Ryan as your QB which is your right, but the numerous different ways to come up with post to say you dont like him is getting Old. (For all who this applies)

I like vick and I like ryan who has represented us well from day one.

Geneaut likes this

They’re two totally different animals.  Only thing they have in common is that neither has a Lombardi.  The thing is this, if someone just enjoys a good debate for sake of debating that’s fine but otherwise, Vick’s retired now (for a reason, he’s too old) and Ryan (like him or not is still playing and on our team( getting older by the day).   For this simple reason alone I’d say Ryan is better for us at the moment and everything else debate-wise is strictly for entertainment purposes.  Do I wish Ryan had Vick’s wheels and arm, sure, that’d be great but given rt system and talent Ryan showed us he’s as good as you could ask for and outperformed most any QB in 2016.  I’d love to see Ryan cut dwn on interceptions but not sure how to criticize a dude that gets a new coordinator every season and rarely has a competent OL. Put either of them on a bill Belichick team and either one in their could win a Lombardi.  Just my 2ct FWIW.  We need a winning culture and mgt team  our QB isn’t the prblm 

53 minutes ago, DirtyBird7000k said:

Let’s open this can of worms!!!

Mike Vick had character flaws? He needed support at times during his career that he did not receive because the Falcons decided to hire a playboy wannabe Jim Mora Jr to coach the team instead of a real coach that could have kept Vick on a straighter path? That being said if Vick had not thrown away his career in a dog fighting scandal! The Falcons would have won at least 1 Super Bowl and possibly more! 

RYAN has flawless character! He is the essential QB, tall pocket passer harking back to the good old boys! But as we are witnessing more and more, his arm simply is in decline! All players decline? It’s the natural process of aging and some do it sooner than projected? 

Ryan while producing great numbers lacks the intangibles to produce a Championship? He simply does not lead the offense and does only what the playbook and coordinator tell him to do! He is a businessman on the field, not a athlete! People say let Ryan call his own plays? Look at all the coordinators this team has been though! Have you considered Ryan is incapable of calling his own plays!

Vick while lacking in character had the intangibles! The things that simply cannot be taught! He could make plays when the pocket collapsed which it often does with the Falcons Offensive line? Ryan is useless when they take away his 2nd read! 

I could go on but let me just end it with this?

Vick put people ***** in seats! Regardless of record! Seeing Vick play was a ticket everybody wanted! Ryan does not put people in seats! He has no ability to excite the general fan base and his noodle arm which generates plenty of stats in Garbage time is not Championship caliber! Bringing excitement is a intangible Vick had in abundance and Ryan Sadly cannot even put Julio Jones a gifted athlete in advantageous situations and Julio gets mugged often when Ryan forces the ball to him in triple coverages! But most importantly 

28-3 would have never happened wth Mike Vick!!

Im open to flaming but I’m correct on these points! Vick squandered away his career! But He would have won a Championship if Blank knew how to hire a real coach! Ryan is a system QB will will never exceed expectations and does not have the intangibles to operate outside the box to overcome poor coaching!

^ this is what stupid looks like

Bigbenright and Zzzzz like this

7 minutes ago, AllStarHandyMan said:

I would give it to Vick as well.. more speed and play making ability... also he didnt have a steve smith and Olson to help him lol... but that make me think... A.Crumpler or G.Olsen?

Crunkler all day every day. 

AllStarHandyMan likes this

41 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Ryan is a better passer but Vick may have been a better QB. His record as a starter for the Falcons was better than Ryan's and he had no Oline, no defense and Brian Finneran as his #1 WR.

His record as a starter as of late? Please elaborate

22 minutes ago, Top Draft Pick said:

They lost to Green Bay by 5 points. The same Green Bay that beat us by 24 the next week in the dome. Let's not act like that Eagles team was a Super Bowl team. That team's success had a lot to do with Vick. 

Philly had one of the best defenses in the NFL at that time. They were still running Johnson's System even after he passed away. The same Personnel. 

48 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Peyton didn't just go rogue out there as many may think.

there's only 1 time I've ever wished Matt Ryan "9 year Falcons veteran" went rogue over "2 year Falcons rookies" Quinn/Shanahan and that didn't happen

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. Vick was not a better QB than Ryan.

Vick got love for the streets but he don't got love for the gane.

Edited by kirbyr

1 hour ago, DirtyBird7000k said:

Let’s open this can of worms!!!

Mike Vick had character flaws? He needed support at times during his career that he did not receive because the Falcons decided to hire a playboy wannabe Jim Mora Jr to coach the team instead of a real coach that could have kept Vick on a straighter path? That being said if Vick had not thrown away his career in a dog fighting scandal! The Falcons would have won at least 1 Super Bowl and possibly more! 

RYAN has flawless character! He is the essential QB, tall pocket passer harking back to the good old boys! But as we are witnessing more and more, his arm simply is in decline! All players decline? It’s the natural process of aging and some do it sooner than projected? 

Ryan while producing great numbers lacks the intangibles to produce a Championship? He simply does not lead the offense and does only what the playbook and coordinator tell him to do! He is a businessman on the field, not a athlete! People say let Ryan call his own plays? Look at all the coordinators this team has been though! Have you considered Ryan is incapable of calling his own plays!

Vick while lacking in character had the intangibles! The things that simply cannot be taught! He could make plays when the pocket collapsed which it often does with the Falcons Offensive line? Ryan is useless when they take away his 2nd read! 

I could go on but let me just end it with this?

Vick put people ***** in seats! Regardless of record! Seeing Vick play was a ticket everybody wanted! Ryan does not put people in seats! He has no ability to excite the general fan base and his noodle arm which generates plenty of stats in Garbage time is not Championship caliber! Bringing excitement is a intangible Vick had in abundance and Ryan Sadly cannot even put Julio Jones a gifted athlete in advantageous situations and Julio gets mugged often when Ryan forces the ball to him in triple coverages! But most importantly 

28-3 would have never happened wth Mike Vick!!

Im open to flaming but I’m correct on these points! Vick squandered away his career! But He would have won a Championship if Blank knew how to hire a real coach! Ryan is a system QB will will never exceed expectations and does not have the intangibles to operate outside the box to overcome poor coaching!

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Ryan is a better passer but Vick may have been a better QB. His record as a starter for the Falcons was better than Ryan's and he had no Oline, no defense and Brian Finneran as his #1 WR.

Maybe I am missing something but Vick was 38-28 as a starter for the Falcons and Ryan is 103-78.  As for no OL, defense, etc...the front 4 of P. Kerney, Brady Smith, Rod Coleman, and Ed Jasper were by far the most disruptive front 4 that the Falcons ever had under both QB.  They lead the league in sack with 48 in 2004.  That defense was probably the best Falcons defense of this century.  OL wise they had smallish OL that utilize Alex Gibbs cut block so they didn't really go after good traditional OL, but most of those OL guys were tough SOB.  Sure Vick pass receivers weren't as good as Ryan, but I don't think Ryan production would drop off that much  if he doesn't have White or Jones either.  Ryan can still have good stats with the like of HD.

2 minutes ago, freefall said:

Maybe I am missing something but Vick was 38-28 as a starter for the Falcons and Ryan is 103-78.  As for no OL, defense, etc...the front 4 of P. Kerney, Brady Smith, Rod Coleman, and Ed Jasper were by far the most disruptive front 4 that the Falcons ever had under both QB.  They lead the league in sack with 48 in 2004.  That defense was probably the best Falcons defense of this century.  OL wise they had smallish OL that utilize Alex Gibbs cut block so they didn't really go after good traditional OL, but most of those OL guys were tough SOB.  Sure Vick pass receivers weren't as good as Ryan, but I don't think Ryan production would drop off that much  if he doesn't have White or Jones either.  Ryan can still have good stats with the like of HD.

The 2004 defense was:

• 14th - Points Allowed
  • 14th - Yards Allowed
  • 12th - Takeaways
  • 21st - First Downs Allowed
  • 22nd - Pass Yards Allowed

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

The 2004 defense was:

• 14th - Points Allowed
  • 14th - Yards Allowed
  • 12th - Takeaways

1st in sacks...

13 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

The 2004 defense was:

• 14th - Points Allowed
  • 14th - Yards Allowed
  • 12th - Takeaways

That's at least middle of the pack and not bottom.  You also have to remember how inconsistent the offense was under Vick vs Ryan.  A good offense also help out the defense whereas an inconsistent offense doesn't.  Throughout most of Ryan career his defense had benefited from a good offense protecting them thus making them look more adequate than they are.  When the offense could not protect the defense like the last couple years we can see how bad they really are.  It was never like that under Vick.  

33 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Ryan - 103-79 (.566)

Vick - 38-28-1 (.567)

Lol...ok man.  By your standard someone who went 2-1 would also have a better starting record than them both.  Personally I view 24 games over .500 is better than 10.

Bigbenright and Sidecar Falcon like this