DirtyBird7000k

Vick was a better QB than Ryan!

79 posts in this topic

Let’s open this can of worms!!!

Mike Vick had character flaws? He needed support at times during his career that he did not receive because the Falcons decided to hire a playboy wannabe Jim Mora Jr to coach the team instead of a real coach that could have kept Vick on a straighter path? That being said if Vick had not thrown away his career in a dog fighting scandal! The Falcons would have won at least 1 Super Bowl and possibly more! 

RYAN has flawless character! He is the essential QB, tall pocket passer harking back to the good old boys! But as we are witnessing more and more, his arm simply is in decline! All players decline? It’s the natural process of aging and some do it sooner than projected? 

Ryan while producing great numbers lacks the intangibles to produce a Championship? He simply does not lead the offense and does only what the playbook and coordinator tell him to do! He is a businessman on the field, not a athlete! People say let Ryan call his own plays? Look at all the coordinators this team has been though! Have you considered Ryan is incapable of calling his own plays!

Vick while lacking in character had the intangibles! The things that simply cannot be taught! He could make plays when the pocket collapsed which it often does with the Falcons Offensive line? Ryan is useless when they take away his 2nd read! 

I could go on but let me just end it with this?

Vick put people ***** in seats! Regardless of record! Seeing Vick play was a ticket everybody wanted! Ryan does not put people in seats! He has no ability to excite the general fan base and his noodle arm which generates plenty of stats in Garbage time is not Championship caliber! Bringing excitement is a intangible Vick had in abundance and Ryan Sadly cannot even put Julio Jones a gifted athlete in advantageous situations and Julio gets mugged often when Ryan forces the ball to him in triple coverages! But most importantly 

28-3 would have never happened wth Mike Vick!!

Im open to flaming but I’m correct on these points! Vick squandered away his career! But He would have won a Championship if Blank knew how to hire a real coach! Ryan is a system QB will will never exceed expectations and does not have the intangibles to operate outside the box to overcome poor coaching!

Edited by DirtyBird7000k

Vick could have been a better QB than MR.

We saw it towards the end of his career where he was humbled and actually decided to work on his craft and he actually starting falling into his own throwing the ball and dissecting defenses, but too much time passed for that effort to show its full potential. 

Edited by ThemDarnFalconsBoy!

6 minutes ago, DirtyBird7000k said:

Let’s open this can of worms!!!

Mike Vick had character flaws? He needed support at times during his career that he did not receive because the Falcons decided to hire a playboy wannabe Jim Mora Jr to coach the team instead of a real coach that could have kept Vick on a straighter path? That being said if Vick had not thrown away his career in a dog fighting scandal! The Falcons would have won at least 1 Super Bowl and possibly more! 

RYAN has flawless character! He is the essential QB, tall pocket passer harking back to the good old boys! But as we are witnessing more and more, his arm simply is in decline! All players decline? It’s the natural process of aging and some do it sooner than projected? 

Ryan while producing great numbers lacks the intangibles to produce a Championship? He simply does not lead the offense and does only what the playbook and coordinator tell him to do! He is a businessman on the field, not a athlete! People say let Ryan call his own plays? Look at all the coordinators this team has been though! Have you considered Ryan is incapable of calling his own plays!

Vick while lacking in character had the intangibles! The things that simply cannot be taught! He could make plays when the pocket collapsed which it often does with the Falcons Offensive line? Ryan is useless when they take away his 2nd read! 

I could go on but let me just end it with this?

Vick put people ***** in seats! Regardless of record! Seeing Vick play was a ticket everybody wanted! Ryan does not put people in seats! He has no ability to excite the general fan base and his noodle arm which generates plenty of stats in Garbage time is not Championship caliber! Bringing excitement is a intangible Vick had in abundance and Ryan Sadly cannot even put Julio Jones a gifted athlete in advantageous situations and Julio gets mugged often when Ryan forces the ball to him in triple coverages! But most importantly 

28-3 would have never happened wth Mike Vick!!

Im open to flaming but I’m correct on these points! Vick squandered away his career! But He would have won a Championship if Blank knew how to hire a real coach! Ryan is a system QB will will never exceed expectations and does not have the intangibles to operate outside the box to overcome poor coaching!

You are **** sure right it wouldnt have...

because we never would have had a 28-3 lead in a SB if he stayed our QB

7 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I believe Vick had much more potential than Ryan, but its in the past and no reason to beat a dead horse 

In the NFL "potential" is just a nice way of saying "Not good enough yet".

All the potential in the world dont mean **** if you arent willing to work....Just like MV7.

Edited by RubberDucky
robertap likes this

Even if he was...at this point who cares lol. We won jack while he played for us, yet ppl hold onto him like we were some kind of powerhouse dynasty when we had him. I was a Vick fan the same way I'm a Ryan fan. As long as they play for the Atl Falcons I will root for success. When they're gone, I'm on to the next one. Some of you just won't move on.

1 minute ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I believe Vick had much more potential than Ryan, but its in the past and no reason to beat a dead horse 

Something we actually agree on. Vick imo had the most potential of any QB to ever play the game.  But he never cared or utilized it and never had the intelligence or drive to try and learn complex playbooks.  If he had actually worked on his craft he could have been the best ever.  The fact he didn't work on it means he stays in the avg to a little above avg category for me as a QB. 

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

Can someone tell me why "The great" Matt Ryan isn't allowed to run the offense and call his own plays like Peyton Manning?

How many coordinators did not allow Ryan to run the offense?

2 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Something we actually agree on. Vick imo had the most potential of any QB to ever play the game.  But he never cared or utilized it and never had the intelligence or drive to try and learn complex playbooks.  If he had actually worked on his craft he could have been the best ever.  The fact he didn't work on it means he stays in the avg to a little above avg category for me as a QB. 

Vick had the intelligence.

Vick was just lazy as ****, especially during his Atlanta years 

4 minutes ago, The Rock said:

Can someone tell me why "The great" Matt Ryan isn't allowed to run the offense and call his own plays like Peyton Manning?

How many coordinators did not allow Ryan to run the offense?

That is because Peyton running his own offense is really a myth. Yes he was the ultimate field general and knew mostly of what was going on on most plays, but he still had OCs calling plays and helping scheme offensively for games.

Peyton didn't just go rogue out there as many may think.

Just now, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Vick had the intelligence.

Vick was just lazy as ****, especially during his Atlanta years 

Im pretty sure i remember a few articles that said he had trouble learning playbooks during  his career.  Im not calling him dumb or anything he is still an intelligent human being lol.  Im more so saying he wasn't smart enough football IQ and QB wise to learn super complex playbooks like Shanny's and the complex verbiage that comes with them.  Thats not a blast just on him though theirs tons of QB's that come into the nfl that can never master that at a high level that flame out.  He unlike them though had his god given ability to overcome something like that at times and make plays out of nothing.

Jerz #Quinning likes this