Jump to content

So what kind of defense do you want to see next year?


Pacific_Falcon
 Share

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

Not sure what we have to work with personnel wise, but I'm curious to see what kind of defense people here would like to see. There are obviously going to be a significant amount of changes with players in the off-season anyway, so I don't feel like we are hemmed in to a handful of options from that standpoint.

I would like a traditional defensive scheme. Noore hybrid. Considering we had Debo, Grady, Takk, and may draft Chase Young. Maybe a traditional 4-3. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That man to man with a single high looked good until it didn't.  When Tru gets back I would like to see how that would look.  I'm tired of soft zone.  You have corners that are good at man so lets man up and bring the heat.  

I saw Takk and Vic on the same side a couple of times.  I like the look of Vic, Takk, Grady, and Clayborne. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would go for a bunch of linebackers. I want 4 new lbs and hitters, deion Jones can be used for coverage threats. We never have good linebackers since Keith brooking and I do believe he cost us a potential Superbowl appearance in the playoffs Ryans rookie year on 3rd n 16, he wasn't that good either. We need intimidating and imposing lbs that can make our defense respected. Our defenses shy away from tackles and drag down defenders, we need enfotcers and it'd be nice tackling rbs for a loss like everyone does to us. I don't like seeing our running backs tackle for loss by everyone but yet we are unable to do the same to other teams backs. Linebackers are considered to be leaders for a reason they need to hit more and CBS safetyscan get away with being finesse easier. I know we had bad luck with injuries to Sean weatherspoon and Ed hurtwell but it seems we've abandoned trying to fill this position. Also we need depth at the position to rotate and balance injuries 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

Not sure what we have to work with personnel wise, but I'm curious to see what kind of defense people here would like to see. There are obviously going to be a significant amount of changes with players in the off-season anyway, so I don't feel like we are hemmed in to a handful of options from that standpoint.

A real 3-4. Not a 3-4 front

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I would like a traditional defensive scheme. Noore hybrid. Considering we had Debo, Grady, Takk, and may draft Chase Young. Maybe a traditional 4-3. 

This, stop with the 34 hybrid multiple leo elephant aquarius tiger claw none sense. Give a good 4-3 with a dominant front 4 unless we plan on hiring Rex Ryan. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4-3... get a couple big bodies for the interior, no more tweeners at end.

move Debo to weak side, get a thumper old school type for the middle... have the ability to stop the run with the front 7... since Neal is most likely done for us, find a strong safety whose strength is coverage instead of in the box.

Man to man, don’t be scared to blitz... try to beat the offense instead of trying to keep the offense from beating you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm a simple guy that doesn't ask for a lot but at this rate, I'll take a middle of the road defense that is opportunistic, disciplined, and can force some turnovers. I don't need elite. Its a want.

Just give me an innovative, creative offense that's better than a washed up Dirk offense. See tweet below...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

That man to man with a single high looked good until it didn't.  When Tru gets back I would like to see how that would look.  I'm tired of soft zone.  You have corners that are good at man so lets man up and bring the heat.  

I saw Takk and Vic on the same side a couple of times.  I like the look of Vic, Takk, Grady, and Clayborne. 

The Patriots man up and send the heat quite often, but that's not the Falcon way. SMH.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

This, stop with the 34 hybrid multiple leo elephant aquarius tiger claw none sense. Give a good 4-3 with a dominant front 4 unless we plan on hiring Rex Ryan. 

I mean I've always thought it should be a Gemini Tiger claw but it seemed too controversial to talk about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...