jlrfalcon

Does Anyone Really Think Going 1-15 and Drafting Tua Makes Sense?

62 posts in this topic

Going 1-15 at this point is not an unlikely event based on current circumstances, especially if no changes occur with coaching or personnel on the field.

However, if we do end up with the #1 pick ahead of the Dolphins, Redskins, etc. who are very QB-hungry even do us any favor?

I could see us trading with one of them for their #2 or #3 pick and maybe a 2nd round pick or 2021 1st round pick. And, then we could pick a position we truly need like DE, but what would we do with Tua?

Does anybody really think we would eat a ton of money on Ryan to get another team to trade for him?

Are we ready to have Tua just step in and become our starting QB in 2020?  Does anyone think a rookie QB could step in and have a playoff season immediately-how often does this happen?

Would we accept another 1-15 season next year as this team goes through a total rebuild?

Would we trade Julio also or much less make him sit through another losing season in Atlanta?

Is Tua really that great of a QB or just a lucky QB with a great OL and a great pack of receivers around him?  and a great defense too?

It is still early this year, but is their any logic to drafting Tua as opposed to an immediate starting pass rusher like Chase Young?

Will we be better if we maybe go 3-13 and end up with the #3 or #4 pick instead?

6 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

Going 1-15 at this point is not an unlikely event based on current circumstances, especially if no changes occur with coaching or personnel on the field.

However, if we do end up with the #1 pick ahead of the Dolphins, Redskins, etc. who are very QB-hungry even do us any favor?

I could see us trading with one of them for their #2 or #3 pick and maybe a 2nd round pick or 2021 1st round pick. And, then we could pick a position we truly need like DE, but what would we do with Tua?

Does anybody really think we would eat a ton of money on Ryan to get another team to trade for him?

Are we ready to have Tua just step in and become our starting QB in 2020?  Does anyone think a rookie QB could step in and have a playoff season immediately-how often does this happen?

Would we accept another 1-15 season next year as this team goes through a total rebuild?

Would we trade Julio also or much less make him sit through another losing season in Atlanta?

Is Tua really that great of a QB or just a lucky QB with a great OL and a great pack of receivers around him?  and a great defense too?

It is still early this year, but is their any logic to drafting Tua as opposed to an immediate starting pass rusher like Chase Young?

Will we be better if we maybe go 3-13 and end up with the #3 or #4 pick instead?

Who says we have to draft Tua??

I'd say stack the defense in the draft outside of maybe a center if Mack gets moved.

Maybe a RB with one of those 2nd round picks. Would love to have a strong young defense with a good solid run game.

15 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Going 1-15 and drafting Young makes sense 

What this man said is the correct answer lets go with this direction instead of Tua.    Honestly i have no interest in any of the QB's coming out this year that much.  If i were going to target a QB i would do it in the draft after this one where i like a few of the QB's better than this years and gives you a little longer with them under contract and ryans years to run out sooner on his.

Just now, FalconFan13 said:

What this man said is the correct answer lets go with this direction instead of Tua.    Honestly i have no interest in any of the QB's coming out this year that much.  If i were going to target a QB i would do it in the draft after this one where i like a few of the QB's better than this years.

The thing is, Young will be a top 3 pick, if the Falcons really want him, they need to go 2-14

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

13 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

No we need young. Draft Ryan’s replacement 2021. Fields or Lawrence. 

Yep. Go all in on the D this year and then next year get the future franchise QB. 

D.B.N. likes this

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

The thing is, Young will be a top 3 pick, if the Falcons really want him, they need to go 2-14

I don't see that as hard to do right now with the way we are playing XD   I also think we could get Young at 4 or 5 depending on who drafts in front of us.     Dolphins and Cincy are going QB's for sure which means Tua and Herbert or Burrow are going 1 and 2 if they pick before us.  At 3 you probably have the Skins or us picking there and the Skins are more than likely looking at Andrew Thomas the OT from UGA or Jerry Jeudy the Bama WR Leaving Young to us at 4.     Skins have Kerrigan and just drafted montez Sweat as well so their not as needy at DE over those other positions while being similar talent level as Young. 

Just now, FalconFan13 said:

I don't see that as hard to do right now with the way we are playing XD   I also think we could get Young at 4 or 5 depending on who drafts in front of us.     Dolphins and Cincy are going QB's for sure which means Tua and Herbert or Burrow are going 1 and 2 if they pick before us.  At 3 you probably have the Skins or us picking there and the Skins are more than likely looking at Andrew Thomas the OT from UGA or Jerry Jeudy the Bama WR Leaving Young to us at 4.     Skins have Kerrigan and just drafted montez Sweat as well so their not as needy at DE over those other positions while being similar talent level as Young. 

Don’t forget the Jets man. They are 1-6 and look just as bad. But they have their QB. They’d take Young if he’s there 

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this