WornOutFalconFan

We shoulda made Shanny head coach.

63 posts in this topic

Terrible optics of firing a coach coming off a Superbowl from aside, who's to say KS would even take the job? Coaching is a brotherhood I don't think Shanny would have taken the job anyways. It would have the appearance of possibly stabbing DQ in the back.

This is a hindsight decision- fire the coach of a SB team for the OC who called the plays that many feel blew the game? Easy to say yes now when Shanahan is 7-0 after two losing seasons and DQ is 1-7 after 10-6 and 7-9 seasons.

Lets this season play out and then make decisions based on the facts.

JDaveG likes this

3 hours ago, BlazerSlayer said:

This is a hindsight decision- fire the coach of a SB team for the OC who called the plays that many feel blew the game? Easy to say yes now when Shanahan is 7-0 after two losing seasons and DQ is 1-7 after 10-6 and 7-9 seasons.

Lets this season play out and then make decisions based on the facts.

So you're just gonna conveniently ignore that Shanny had Brian Hoyer for most of his rookie season before SF traded for Jimmy G, and then lost Jimmy G the following season early due to injury?

Given Shanny's record with Jimmy G, it stands to reason his record would be better if Jimmy played more games.

11 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I don’t remember that.

I think Quinn secretly wanted Shanahan out because he wanted to show everyone HE was the reason the Falcons went to the Super Bowl.  Not Shanahan.

Thats why none of Shanahans assistants were retained.  Falcons has their rights and when you think about it,  wouldn’t that have made more sense from a continuity perspective? 

Have the assistants stay to help the new OC assimilate the offense?

But no Quinn didn’t want any question that he was the genius that got the Falcons to the Super Bowl. 

Yep... unrealistic to even think we would have let our HC go after 2 years and a SuperBowl appearance to promote the OC...

Entirely believable that the HC wanted to clean house completely of Shanny's guys to prove the Falcon's success was all him. We've seen further evidence of that with his dismissal of the DC and him personally taking over sole control of the defense. 

DQ has repeatedly said "Hold my beer.. I got this".

13 hours ago, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

DQ just came off an Super Bowl in his second year and y’all wanted him fired. What sane owner would ever do such a thing. 

Anyone who watch that 2016 season with a brain.

Flyin' In DC likes this

Dude y’all all hated Shanny. Blamed him for the lose. Good riddance most of you said. 

Of course once he left he became unbeatable. Then you hated Sark.

Now everyone misses Sark. 

When y’all learn the coordinator isn’t the reason most plays work or not you’ll be happier. As it is, most of you remain locked in a wishful memory of a past that didn’t even exist the way y’all remember it. 

capologist likes this

I understand the sentiment right now but what were you going to do the day after the Superbowl? Fire the HC who just got you there after only 2 seasons.

C'mon Man!

1 hour ago, No.11 said:

So you're just gonna conveniently ignore that Shanny had Brian Hoyer for most of his rookie season before SF traded for Jimmy G, and then lost Jimmy G the following season early due to injury?

Given Shanny's record with Jimmy G, it stands to reason his record would be better if Jimmy played more games.

Maybe, but without that Jimmy G injury they don't have Nick Bosa 

Threads like these make no sense, revisionist history I guess, Shanahan wasn't turning down his first head coaching gig, the Niners 6 years guaranteed contract. 

capologist likes this

1 hour ago, No.11 said:

I don't blame KS at all for his QB injuries/issues. But my point is, 3 years later, we're having people pop up saying DQ should have been fired after Super Bowl and KS put in charge. It's all benefit of hindsight decision making.