Other 0 and 1 win teams

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

there is some good news for our chances of getting a higher draft pick the dolphins and jets play each other twice the bengals play both the jets and dolphins the redskins play the jets

I am absolutely stoked for another momentum streak at the end of this season.  

We’re so bad we’ll win 3-4 gms especially if we’re trying to win. This team is so bad it couldn’t tank and lose

On 10/28/2019 at 10:31 AM, federicofalcon2 said:

I asked someone this a few days ago and ill ask again to see what your answer is......

If we were to get a top overall pick and teams like Miami and Cincinnati were 2 and 3, would you consider us trading down to 2 or 3 to a QB needy team to accumulate extra picks while still getting Young as a strong possibility?  

He told me if we get top pick it would be stupid not to draft young right then and there.

i would totally trade out get extra picks then draft young most definitely 

19 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

If the Bengals take a QB over Young they are just dumb. But they might Bengal.

they have to no way they keep andy dalton he sucks they have to take a qb or their franchise gonna be trash for a long time this a golden opportunity for them to start over with a new qb. if they take young over a qb they dumb 

15 hours ago, 4LoveoftheGame said:

Not sure about that. I currently live in the area and they are not happy at all with Dalton. Ryan Finley taken in the 4th round this year will be the deciding factor when he is chosen to play.

13 minutes ago, kenn.junior said:

they have to no way they keep andy dalton he sucks they have to take a qb or their franchise gonna be trash for a long time this a golden opportunity for them to start over with a new qb. if they take young over a qb they dumb 

Bengals will have 64 million dollars in cap space next year if they choose to move on from Dalton.  They could very well sign a free agent such as Bridgewater, Manning, Winston, Mariota, and use them to be able to draft a guy like Young rather than depending on a Rookie.  They also have Ryan Finley who they traded up into the 4th for last year they might consider.  Who knows at this point, I mean Cincy has not been a team of consistency for almost their entire existence you know?

16 hours ago, 4LoveoftheGame said:

Not sure about that. I currently live in the area and they are not happy at all with Dalton. Ryan Finley taken in the 4th round this year will be the deciding factor when he is chosen to play.

43 minutes ago, kenn.junior said:

LOL No sooner I mentioned Finley, did they promote him to starter 

2 minutes ago, federicofalcon2 said:

26 minutes ago, federicofalcon2 said:

Bengals will have 64 million dollars in cap space next year if they choose to move on from Dalton.  They could very well sign a free agent such as Bridgewater, Manning, Winston, Mariota, and use them to be able to draft a guy like Young rather than depending on a Rookie.  They also have Ryan Finley who they traded up into the 4th for last year they might consider.  Who knows at this point, I mean Cincy has not been a team of consistency for almost their entire existence you know?

They are going QB. Dalton is not the answer and I'm sure Finley will prove he's not either.

51 minutes ago, Cole World said:

They are going QB. Dalton is not the answer and I'm sure Finley will prove he's not either.

Well it hasn't been shown about Finley yet, so you can be sure of nothing.  You can ASSUME, but mix results will always come about.  But with the coach already having to suffer what may be a winless season, I don't believe he would be willing to not take steps necessary to get back to winning ways.  He MIGHT draft one of the qbs in 2020 at the top, but then again he MIGHT want to go with a vested veteran coming into FA because it would give him the best chance to win and possibly groom a rookie successor.  But the way I see it with this team possibly losing Green and Glenn, they'd be better off upgrading this defense first and finding cheaper ways to redo the offense.  Now in 8 weeks it has been shown that none of the qbs on that team are viable, then yeah I could possibly see it being a sure thing they draft a qb, but with so many needs and so much  money next year, they would be STUPID not to find ways to fix the WHOLE team and not waste a pick on a QB so high when they clearly have so many other needs on that team.  Maybe they trade down a few spots and get Fromm instead and accumulate picks from other teams in order to get more spots filled.  

Anything can happen, they very well could draft TUA, I just don't see it RIGHT NOW, in decemeber it would be a lot more clear IMO

1 hour ago, federicofalcon2 said:

Let's hope Finley stinks as expected now.  

I actually what I saw in their 3rd string Free Agent QB Jacob Dolegala during the preseason. I wouldn't doubt they might put him in their too if Finley stinks it up before the season ends just to see what they have. 

2 hours ago, federicofalcon2 said:

but all those qbs suck lol expect bridgewater but the saint aint letting him go if the bengals take winston, mariota, or eli over tua or herbert their GM needs to get fired lol 

6 minutes ago, kenn.junior said:

but all those qbs suck lol expect bridgewater but the saint aint letting him go if the bengals take winston, mariota, or eli over tua or herbert their GM needs to get fired lol 

Honestly I don't see how anyone can say these qbs suck more so than a college quarterback that has not played in the league yet.  We've seen numerous players who did well in college only to flame out in the league.  PLENTY of top 2 picks.  Vince young, Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell, Tim Couch, Sam Bradford....just to name a few.  

You CAN'T know for sure how someone is going to perform just because they were or were not successful in college.  It has to be the right situation, or that player (which is pretty rare) has to be than darn good,

Winston and MAriota have shown potential, but never put it all together.  Manning is in decline, but he isn't terrible and he could bridge the gap.

Interesting case with Bridgewater is that he, Brees and Hill are all free agents after this season, which means that with the 25 million the have available, they aren't going to be able to sign all three unless at least 2 of them takes a home town discount.  Plus if you pay Brees how do you pay Teddy and still pay for deals like Kamara and Lattimore that are in their final years next year as well?

All I'm saying is that implying not drafting a QB at the top of the draft because all the other players are :"worse" is just silly.  These players are in the league for a reason.  The ones coming out are coming because of a reason too.  But, you've seen what the veterans offer so far, and you bank on potential from rookies.  Nothing says that they can't draft Tua, but what happens then if he turns out to be a total bust? They will have passed on a talent far better in YOUNG (should he meet expectations) for someone whose probably 50/50.  

I could he dead wrong and he could be the next Brady, but Brady wasn't a top pick either and the situation was built around him and his skillset, not him being super talented coming out of college.

On 10/28/2019 at 10:18 AM, falcons007 said:

How the mighty have fallen. All I heard was the greatest coach in Falcon's history would take this team to SB. Now we counting the wins of bottom feeders. 

I've been a Falcons fan for almost 40 years. Outside of the Vick/Petrino year, this is the strangest year I've seen. No way anyone would have guessed this team could be this bad. .500...ya, if they had a bad year....but this?? WTF

1 hour ago, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

I've been a Falcons fan for almost 40 years. Outside of the Vick/Petrino year, this is the strangest year I've seen. No way anyone would have guessed this team could be this bad. .500...ya, if they had a bad year....but this?? WTF

Blame the 2018 problems on Coordinators and injuries. Turns out this D had problems beyond those two.

18 hours ago, federicofalcon2 said:

Honestly I don't see how anyone can say these qbs suck more so than a college quarterback that has not played in the league yet.  We've seen numerous players who did well in college only to flame out in the league.  PLENTY of top 2 picks.  Vince young, Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell, Tim Couch, Sam Bradford....just to name a few.  

You CAN'T know for sure how someone is going to perform just because they were or were not successful in college.  It has to be the right situation, or that player (which is pretty rare) has to be than darn good,

Winston and MAriota have shown potential, but never put it all together.  Manning is in decline, but he isn't terrible and he could bridge the gap.

Interesting case with Bridgewater is that he, Brees and Hill are all free agents after this season, which means that with the 25 million the have available, they aren't going to be able to sign all three unless at least 2 of them takes a home town discount.  Plus if you pay Brees how do you pay Teddy and still pay for deals like Kamara and Lattimore that are in their final years next year as well?

All I'm saying is that implying not drafting a QB at the top of the draft because all the other players are :"worse" is just silly.  These players are in the league for a reason.  The ones coming out are coming because of a reason too.  But, you've seen what the veterans offer so far, and you bank on potential from rookies.  Nothing says that they can't draft Tua, but what happens then if he turns out to be a total bust? They will have passed on a talent far better in YOUNG (should he meet expectations) for someone whose probably 50/50.  

I could he dead wrong and he could be the next Brady, but Brady wasn't a top pick either and the situation was built around him and his skillset, not him being super talented coming out of college.

Thats true we might not know what either tua or herbert are going to look like in the pros but we do know that winston is a turnover machine, mariota is not a good passer to take you anywhere and eli is old and washed up all those qbs are terrible thats why they are gonna be gone next year well eli is probably gonna retire 

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I would move out of top 10 if Jax falls on love with Tua, Hebert or Burrow and offers #16, #20 and #46

Yea if you get that kind of offer, that's tough to ignore if Young is gone. That puts you with five picks in the first two rounds. It's not a deep edge class, so if you aren't getting Young, look to move. 

3 minutes ago, vel said:

Yea if you get that kind of offer, that's tough to ignore if Young is gone. That puts you with five picks in the first two rounds. It's not a deep edge class, so if you aren't getting Young, look to move. 

Thinking outside the box, if this really is a rebuild, do they draft Burrows and let him sit for a year. I honestly think he is incredibly special. His redzone play is off the charts good.

And before anyone calls me an idiot, I am the biggest Matt Ryan fan there is. But I also love the Falcons more than any one player. You are rarely in a position to draft a franchise quarterback without having to give up significant draft Capital. This looks like one such opportunity if a quarterback we love is available.   

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Thinking outside the box, if this really is a rebuild, do they draft Burrows and let him sit for a year. I honestly think he is incredibly special. His redzone play is off the charts good.

And before anyone calls me an idiot, I am the biggest Matt Ryan fan there is. But I also love the Falcons more than any one player. You are rarely in a position to draft a franchise quarterback without having to give up significant draft Capital. This looks like one such opportunity if a quarterback we love is available.   

That's definitely outside the box and would be intriguing to a new FO. Just don't know if it happens. Burrow being an MVP caliber QB? IDK. Haven't watched him enough to speak on it. But it's definitely one to think about if you're really looking at retooling this salary cap situation.

7 minutes ago, vel said:

That's definitely outside the box and would be intriguing to a new FO. Just don't know if it happens. Burrow being an MVP caliber QB? IDK. Haven't watched him enough to speak on it. But it's definitely one to think about if you're really looking at retooling this salary cap situation.

Watch the deep ball touch/accuracy and manipulation to create throwing lanes in RZ

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I think so too. Rebuild is rebuild, and Burrows is special. MR is not getting younger and if we get a replacement for Quinn this team is looking at 2 - 3 years to rebuild. 

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

THIS would only make sense if we had intentions of parting with Matt Ryan within the next year or 2.  And honestly that's not the case, even when we get a new FO.  I mean it's POSSIBLE, but he hasn't been the issue with this team.  Defense has been.  Lack of a pass rush, no turnovers and allowing long drives.  I don't even see why we would waste such a high pick on a QB who will probably have to sit about 3 years minimum, only to pass on other top prospects that could help us win in that time. 

This is not a rebuilding team, at least not an overhaul.  We can use the youth we have to utilize long term and mix in with veterans.  Key spots are important to fill rather than getting new people at every position.  This offense is at least above average if not great.  But improvement along the line and utilizing RBs, while possibly moving on from Freeman, should turn this back into a top scoring offense again.

Matt Ryan is not the problem on this team, and unless you have a team willing to eat his contract guarantees, we could end up having to swallow the whole 100 million for someone not even on the team.  2022 would be the earliest we could even get any sense of relief and it wouldn't even be much.  We would still be paying 16 million of the 36 owed. It's a 20 million dollar savings, but it would still be about 8 percent of our cap that year if it was at 200 million.

2 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

There's definitely precedent for that with the Colts and the Manning/Luck transition. It really depends how Burrow or any other QB is evaluated. Luck was seen as the best of the best and lived up to it. You wouldn't want to ditch Ryan for the next Mariota or Trubisky.