Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jlrfalcon

Something is Rotten in the State of Georgia?

41 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, roguebeaver said:

True...but, there is a back story that we may never know. Now, I don’t know for sure the details as obviously I wasn’t involved or there, but the lady that passed this on to my wife, I believe. 

I don't know man. Just because she's trustworthy doesn't mean she isn't misinformed. If anyone was to get upset at anyone I would think it would be towards Trufant who was the second highest paid player on the team for two seasons.

Flying Falcon and roguebeaver like this

10 hours ago, roguebeaver said:

This is what a front office admin told my wife - early On in 2019 MR2 was asked to restructure his recently mega contract to allow them money to pursue and to sign someone like Clowney and to allow them to not extend Beasley. Takk, Riley, and Sanu was upset royally at Ryan. Then the bs attitude of some of the players started with this team. Not cool if true!! This is just what I’m hearing.  

Matt did restructure and if I’m not mistaken they approached Sanu about restructuring his deal as well and he declined so I’m not sure what he could’ve been mad about

With neal and tru out we have a completely revamped secondary and that is where most of our troubles have been on defense. That and Campbell having a bad year.

From an offensive stand point we sorely miss Shanahan and his creative run plays. In the offseason we need to get a coordinator that knows how to get the run game going.

3 hours ago, roguebeaver said:

True...but, there is a back story that we may never know. Now, I don’t know for sure the details as obviously I wasn’t involved or there, but the lady that passed this on to my wife, I believe. 

even if this is true why would they be mad at matt and not just be mad at TD

Im going to start cheering for Georgia State, Kennesaw State, and Valdosta State

Doing what we always do and getting what we always get. Maybe  Falcons should change "the process" and get some front office folks that know how to evaluate talent and scout.  Fire Rich Mckay been here too long, that's where you start. 

Edited by Refried Beans

Our Offense is not the problem...

#2 in passing and we are scoring TDs. The problem has been the stability on the OL due to injuries and chemistry. Once we fix this issue, it will help the running game. 

The OL played well yesterday allowing the passing game to be deadly. We should have won yesterday's game and we were the better team specially in the 2nd half. Seattle got lucky because we defeated ourselves with missing FG’s, turnover in the Red Zone, and not going for that 4th down and 1 in Seattle’s territory. I blame that on the coaching and lacking strategy. They would have gotten the 1st down, and probably scored a TD or a field goal. The Falcons missed on 16-20 points yesterday. 

Im not worried about Offense, but the defense is the problem. 

18 hours ago, usmcdirtybird said:

I feel this way about the Braves, Falcons, UGA and the Hawks.  I feel we are cursed.  

The Hawks look frikkin awesome, and we have the best MLS team in the country. 

On 10/27/2019 at 4:39 PM, Atl Falcon said:

Trust me it does...I can smell it all the way up here in North Carolina 

It’s florida

Atl Falcon likes this

Thankfully I'm old enough to remember the 1980 UGA season....but sadly too young to really appreciate it. 

1998 Falcons, who just beat the number one offense in the NFL to go to the Super Bowl....ugh

The 1991 Braves where Lonnie Smith was duped and cost us a run that would have made the difference.

All the years under Mark Richt where UGA would win a lot, but lose the key games

Just a few examples....but no one...I mean NO ONE should have to suffer what us die-hard Falcons and Bulldogs fans went through in 2016-2017.  Within the time-span of less than ONE YEAR both teams lost their championship games on the very last play.  And if you cheer for both of these teams after that?  Much respect..I still do as well.

2 hours ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Aaannd Trae Young goes down. Of course. 

The sports gods are just ****ting all over us