Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jlrfalcon

Something is Rotten in the State of Georgia?

41 posts in this topic

1) How can a team play so pitifully in the first half yet play so great in a second half week after week?

2) How can a team with so much talent play like it is in the first year of a rebuild with a bunch of scrubs?

3) How can a team go 5 weeks without a sack or favorable turnover?

4) How can players like Beasley or Freeman continue to start and play heavily with such poor play?

5) How can an owner put up with a HC even after a 1-7 start with injuries not available as an excuse?

6) How do the Falcons expect to sell tickets to their games in the future with such bad entertainment?

7) How can it seem that so many bad officiating calls go against the Falcons with almost none in favor?

8) How can someone not wonder if something is happening behind the scenes?

 

It virtually seems like the Falcons decided at the start of the year to just tank this season on purpose?  Is it worth sacrificing another year of the athletic lives of Ryan, Julio, and others to possibly get a great draft pick next year?  Are the Falcons being punished by the NFL for something that occurred we fans do not know about?  How could the Falcons with its payroll look worse than the Dolphins or Redskins?

If the Falcons do not make some major trades this week and/or Blank truly does keep Quinn around (with obvious possible interim HC's on the staff already) beyond the bye week, one has to question what is truly going on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jlrfalcon said:

1) How can a team play so pitifully in the first half yet play so great in a second half week after week?

2) How can a team with so much talent play like it is in the first year of a rebuild with a bunch of scrubs?

3) How can a team go 5 weeks without a sack or favorable turnover?

4) How can players like Beasley or Freeman continue to start and play heavily with such poor play?

5) How can an owner put up with a HC even after a 1-7 start with injuries not available as an excuse?

6) How do the Falcons expect to sell tickets to their games in the future with such bad entertainment?

7) How can it seem that so many bad officiating calls go against the Falcons with almost none in favor?

8) How can someone not wonder if something is happening behind the scenes?

 

It virtually seems like the Falcons decided at the start of the year to just tank this season on purpose?  Is it worth sacrificing another year of the athletic lives of Ryan, Julio, and others to possibly get a great draft pick next year?  Are the Falcons being punished by the NFL for something that occurred we fans do not know about?  How could the Falcons with its payroll look worse than the Dolphins or Redskins?

If the Falcons do not make some major trades this week and/or Blank truly does keep Quinn around (with obvious possible interim HC's on the staff already) beyond the bye week, one has to question what is truly going on?

I feel this way about the Braves, Falcons, UGA and the Hawks.  I feel we are cursed.  

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Trust me it does...I can smell it all the way up here in North Carolina 

And, I did not even bring up how the Saints and Panthers could lose their QB's this year, which would seem to open a wide door for us to have an easy year but instead they are both doing well?

And, who agreed to our schedule with all of our division games at the end of the season at which point it is going to be better for us to lose for draft position than win?  Are we really going to want to lose 6 games to the Saints, Bucs, and Panthers?

Atl Falcon and Godzilla1985 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Falconguy said:

I can smell it from Tx, and it just ain't the falcons.

The braves and dawgs are just as guilty

At least Tech is legit rebuilding. I’m actually very excited about their future.

Falconguy and JDaveG like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, usmcdirtybird said:

I feel this way about the Braves, Falcons, UGA and the Hawks.  I feel we are cursed.  

This is the real issue it seems.  

Champagne likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

1) How can a team play so pitifully in the first half yet play so great in a second half week after week?

2) How can a team with so much talent play like it is in the first year of a rebuild with a bunch of scrubs?

3) How can a team go 5 weeks without a sack or favorable turnover?

4) How can players like Beasley or Freeman continue to start and play heavily with such poor play?

5) How can an owner put up with a HC even after a 1-7 start with injuries not available as an excuse?

6) How do the Falcons expect to sell tickets to their games in the future with such bad entertainment?

7) How can it seem that so many bad officiating calls go against the Falcons with almost none in favor?

8) How can someone not wonder if something is happening behind the scenes?

 

It virtually seems like the Falcons decided at the start of the year to just tank this season on purpose?  Is it worth sacrificing another year of the athletic lives of Ryan, Julio, and others to possibly get a great draft pick next year?  Are the Falcons being punished by the NFL for something that occurred we fans do not know about?  How could the Falcons with its payroll look worse than the Dolphins or Redskins?

If the Falcons do not make some major trades this week and/or Blank truly does keep Quinn around (with obvious possible interim HC's on the staff already) beyond the bye week, one has to question what is truly going on?


As the eternal optimist, I was encouraged that we played a very good Seattle team to only a 7 point loss, with a legitimate chance to win it (but for a couple of missed field goals, and a fumble in the red zone).  Maybe there's about to be some kind of "awakening" in the 2nd half of this season, as our O-line and coaching staff continues to "gel".  Who knows, we may just surprise some folks --- So, stay tuned...   





 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Godzilla1985 said:

At least Tech is legit rebuilding. I’m actually very excited about their future.

Ive always been a bulldog fan but if tech can somehow build a winner I will defiantly be pulling for them. I know some georgia fans that will not like that. I did the same when ga tech was so good in basketball when they had mark price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, No.11 said:

Tf you talking about? Hawks are looking good right now, and Atlanta United is a juggernaut.

LOL soccer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#1 isn't anything new though. Boils down to leadership, depth, and conditioning. 

I have a feeling the rotting smell is coming from leadership.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what a front office admin told my wife - early On in 2019 MR2 was asked to restructure his recently mega contract to allow them money to pursue and to sign someone like Clowney and to allow them to not extend Beasley. Takk, Riley, and Sanu was upset royally at Ryan. Then the bs attitude of some of the players started with this team. Not cool if true!! This is just what I’m hearing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, roguebeaver said:

This is what a front office admin told my wife - early On in 2019 MR2 was asked to restructure his recently mega contract to allow them money to pursue and to sign someone like Clowney and to allow them to not extend Beasley. Takk, Riley, and Sanu was upset royally at Ryan. Then the bs attitude of some of the players started with this team. Not cool if true!! This is just what I’m hearing.  

So why didn't your wife do something about it? This whole thing is her fault!

Flying Falcon and roguebeaver like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

1) How can a team play so pitifully in the first half yet play so great in a second half week after week?

2) How can a team with so much talent play like it is in the first year of a rebuild with a bunch of scrubs?

3) How can a team go 5 weeks without a sack or favorable turnover?

4) How can players like Beasley or Freeman continue to start and play heavily with such poor play?

5) How can an owner put up with a HC even after a 1-7 start with injuries not available as an excuse?

6) How do the Falcons expect to sell tickets to their games in the future with such bad entertainment?

7) How can it seem that so many bad officiating calls go against the Falcons with almost none in favor?

8) How can someone not wonder if something is happening behind the scenes?

 

It virtually seems like the Falcons decided at the start of the year to just tank this season on purpose?  Is it worth sacrificing another year of the athletic lives of Ryan, Julio, and others to possibly get a great draft pick next year?  Are the Falcons being punished by the NFL for something that occurred we fans do not know about?  How could the Falcons with its payroll look worse than the Dolphins or Redskins?

If the Falcons do not make some major trades this week and/or Blank truly does keep Quinn around (with obvious possible interim HC's on the staff already) beyond the bye week, one has to question what is truly going on?

Hopefully Quinn stays on so we lose out and get a higher pick. I want to know why we can’t unload our dead weight. No one will be our sucker and take Beasley 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, roguebeaver said:

This is what a front office admin told my wife - early On in 2019 MR2 was asked to restructure his recently mega contract to allow them money to pursue and to sign someone like Clowney and to allow them to not extend Beasley. Takk, Riley, and Sanu was upset royally at Ryan. Then the bs attitude of some of the players started with this team. Not cool if true!! This is just what I’m hearing.  

he did restructure though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, roguebeaver said:

This is what a front office admin told my wife - early On in 2019 MR2 was asked to restructure his recently mega contract to allow them money to pursue and to sign someone like Clowney and to allow them to not extend Beasley. Takk, Riley, and Sanu was upset royally at Ryan. Then the bs attitude of some of the players started with this team. Not cool if true!! This is just what I’m hearing.  

I believe this 

roguebeaver and Flying Falcon like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

he did restructure though

True...but, there is a back story that we may never know. Now, I don’t know for sure the details as obviously I wasn’t involved or there, but the lady that passed this on to my wife, I believe. 
 

 

Flying Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0