TheFalcoholic

Freeman v coleman

445 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, atljbo said:

I'm glad for coleman.... perfect match with shanny  but do yall remember coleman last year on this team.

We just need to start over at the RB positoo with both gone

I do, 4.8 ypc and buddy was busting some big runs at the end. Should have been Kept if it wasn't for TD, and the homer clowns. 

caponine and Jerz #Quinning like this

4 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

And let Alford walk over Trufart. 

And passed over a 3rd for VB.

And failed to trade a 3rd for Clowney.

And failed to sign Preston Smith. 

Alford allowed around 1000 yards and 10 TDs last year....

Let’s go back to February 2017 and look at who has stayed and left since then:

LEFT:   Shanahan, LaFleur, Coleman, Alford, Pioli

STILL HERE:  Quinn, Freeman, Trufant, Dimitroff, Beasley

YA KEPT THE WRONG HALF, ART. . . .

46 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

They are playing on teams with two different schemes, two different blocking schemes and a different play caller. 

Which goes to show our coaches do not know how to utilize the great talent we have/had.  So how can we expect them to fix this. Their system gets beat by most the teams we play.  You think they would adapt or toss that podunk strategy they cling to.  DQ is not a very good strategist during the game.  He has a script that he sticks to.  When things go off the rail he has a book of useless responses.  To put it bluntly, he is consistantly out coached.  He probably studies games during the week but he probably does not study coaches.  He should study winning coaches.

I believe his expiration date has expired.  He hasn't learned it by now its probably too late.

We don't have a ground game at this point cause Freeman is inconsistent.  We have a great air game even with the porous o line.  We need a young Jamal Andersen type RB to go along with our air corps.

Hindsight is 20/20. DQ and TD excel at that.  AB is going to have to figure this out.  I am sure it is more involved than my short summary.  What do I know about winning and winner's.  I have been a Falcon fan forever.  HAAAAAA.  GOTTA LAUGH AT THAT! :tiphat:

Edited by Realsurfin

1 minute ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Alford allowed around 1000 yards and 10 TDs last year....

Trufart doing that this year for $13 Million. 

2 minutes ago, The Architect said:

Freeman would produce on the 49ers as well.

He wouldn't be nearly as good. The niners 3 backs are all speedsters and was already slow as is before he lost a step. 

Jerz #Quinning likes this

1 minute ago, The Architect said:

Freeman would produce on the 49ers as well.

Yeah but he still is inconsistent.  When he excels is when he stops just running up in a straight line.  He is way too predictable.

Just now, Embrace the suck said:

He wouldn't be nearly as good. The niners 3 backs are all speedsters and was already slow as is before he lost a step. 

He'd look exactly like he did a few years back. Go back and watch all of their games this season, the holes are huge. And he'd be a great receiving option as well on the play action passes.

3 minutes ago, Realsurfin said:

Yeah but he still is inconsistent.  When he excels is when he stops just running up in a straight line.  He is way too predictable.

I'm not going to disagree on his consistency but I don't think the predictability would hurt him much with the way they rotate running backs.

51 minutes ago, atljbo said:

I'm glad for coleman.... perfect match with shanny  but do yall remember coleman last year on this team.

We just need to start over at the RB positoo with both gone

I still liked Coleman last year man

Osiruz likes this

3 minutes ago, The Architect said:

He'd look exactly like he did a few years back. Go back and watch all of their games this season, the holes are huge. And he'd be a great receiving option as well on the play action passes.

I'm not going to disagree on his consistency but I don't think the predictability would hurt him much with the way they rotate running backs.

Gonna need a scooter to get to the hole, he is lumbering and slow. You haven't seen him tap dancing before getting to the hole?

Jerz #Quinning likes this

25 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

Didn't you just say you would trade your soul for Saquon? This doesn't add up for some reason. 

There’s a difference between reality and fiction. 

People don't want to admit it, but Coleman throughout most of 2017 and 2018 played harder and better than Freeman, doesn't mean Coleman is the overall better back than Freeman. The 49ers have a better offensive line and Shanahan. With Shanahan and the great offensive line in 2016, it was Freeman first before Coleman, always. Freeman is just past his prime, he took a lot of hits the first few years of his career and made up for a lot of mediocre O-line play with big shifty runs. 

What have I told you guys about players from a Georgia team whether it's the Georgia Bulldogs, Atlanta Falcons, Atlanta Braves, or Atlanta Hawks. You send them somewhere else, they always overachieve on a very high level and play much better than they did in the state of Georgia. It's no different than all the Bulldogs in the NFL, or Justin Fields at Ohio State. 

Edit: To be fair Freeman was injured for parts of 2017 and all of 2018. 

Edited by mqg96

11 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

Gonna need a scooter to get to the hole, he is lumbering and slow. You haven't seen him tap dancing before getting to the hole?

He's the same speed he's always been and he's always tap danced. He's never been faster than the average running back. The tap dancing was just covered up by solid run blocking.

1 minute ago, The Architect said:

He's the same speed he's always been and he's always tap danced. He's never been faster than the average running back. The tap dancing was just covered up by solid run blocking.

Free used to be so much more explosive how do you not see it?

2 minutes ago, The Architect said:

How can you actually believe that ?? It took so long just to get through his only big run that he had today 

I wasn't upset with losing Coleman and I'm not upset that he's producing now. I've always been a fan of Freeman over Coleman and I think at his best Freeman is a better back. Unfortunately I was wrong about Freeman bouncing back and it is time to move on but I don't think Coleman is the guy for us either. 

He's with the coach he should be with and I'm happy that both are doing well. *shrugs*