Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The O.D.B

THERE IS NO WAY DIRK CALLED THE 2ND HALF!!!

65 posts in this topic

First half looked like the suck we've been putting out there every week. -Dirk's scripted plays

second half looked like the football team we should've looked like this year.

Whomever called the second half today needs to be calling the whole game going forward.

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

The entire game was filled with short to mid range pass plays which is exactly what I said a few weeks ago. They should continue this going forward 

3 minutes ago, papachaz said:

I wonder if we wouldn't be better off with Shaub as OC, his glory years were under Kubiak and Shannahan, he's very well versed in that system.....

and he certainly couldn't be any worse than what we've seen in most of our games this year

at this point I'd bring back the Red Rocket and let him call plays over Dirk.

8173608.jpg

papachaz, VTCrunkler and kschreck like this

It was just as much as our offense as the SEA defense not really playing that great. That, to me, was a DK offense throughout the entire game.

Edited by Halcon-1
me4falcons likes this

I'm still stuck on that whole kicking a field goal at the end instead of trying to get a TD like every other team does when the betting line was -7.5 Seattle. Just the numbers nerd in me that felt like something was really off in that 2nd half. Tin foil hat back in the closet. :)

Just now, mjqvi said:

I'm still stuck on that whole kicking a field goal at the end instead of trying to get a TD like every other team does when the betting line was -7.5 Seattle. Just the numbers nerd in me that felt like something was really off in that 2nd half. Tin foil hat back in the closet. :)

Simple. Trying to get a touchdown would have taken far too much time off of the clock. They kicked the field goal hoping to get the onside kick with a chance to score another touchdown

25 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

The entire game was filled with short to mid range pass plays which is exactly what I said a few weeks ago. They should continue this going forward 

Wonder if Knapp did some play calling.. Remember the game last season Knapp called and everyone was wondering if Sark actually called that game.. Quinn never said Knapp called the entire game, just said he had more influence on the plays called in the pressor.. If Knapp did call this game, lets not change that

Just now, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Wonder if Knapp did some play calling.. Remember the game last season Knapp called and everyone was wondering if Sark actually called that game.. Quinn never said Knapp called the entire game, just said he had more influence on the plays called in the pressor.. If Knapp did call this game, lets not change that

I’m thinking combination of Matt, Dirk and Knapp. 

1 minute ago, CMarinoNFL said:

Don't get the Koetter hate. I like his passing game.

What we're saying is DK may not have called much of this game.. Could have been Ryan/Knapp because it definitely felt totally different 

The O.D.B likes this

9 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

What we're saying is DK may not have called much of this game.. Could have been Ryan/Knapp because it definitely felt totally different 

Weren't you just saying it was the exact same playcalling in the game thread and Schaub was just executing it better?

31 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

TBH, the second half play calling felt like we could've won, and I haven't felt that all year from the offense, not even against philly.

ATLSlobberKnockers and JDaveG like this

38 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I’m thinking combination of Matt, Dirk and Knapp. 

What are the rules on that? I believe Matt can listen in, and  I believe he was but, is a player allowed to have a voice in the conversation when he's not active?

It’s sad that the smallest inkling of offensive success makes this fan base happy.  

That game was butt ugly.  Only reason it moved somewhat is because of the defensive scheme that Seattle runs which is pretty similar to our scheme.  Why do you think so many teams have success against us with short throws?

Godzilla1985 likes this

Greg Knapp never did anything, DK never has, but we had to bring them back expecting different results? How does that happen, a bunch of mularkey if you ask me!!!

this season was dimmed from the start!!

i have never had faith in this cast!!

53 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Simple. Trying to get a touchdown would have taken far too much time off of the clock. They kicked the field goal hoping to get the onside kick with a chance to score another touchdown

I've seen coaches play it both ways. The way I'd play it is take the FG and save the time like we did. You gotta recover the onside kick either way.

On another note, Ice Bryant may have blown that game. I think it may be time to put him out to pasture.

2 hours ago, The O.D.B said:

First half looked like the suck we've been putting out there every week. -Dirk's scripted plays

second half looked like the football team we should've looked like this year.

Whomever called the second half today needs to be calling the whole game going forward.

Of course I can't say for sure, but I don't think they would do that.  But, who knows, it might have been a collaborative effort.  All I know is, we looked as good as we've looked all year, in the 2nd half!!!  So whatever they did, I say, let's keep it up!  

Edited by FalconJim
The O.D.B likes this

2 hours ago, FalconJim said:

Of course I can't say for sure, but I don't think they would do that.  But, who knows, it might have been a collaborative effort.  All I know is, we looked as good as we've looked all year, in the 2nd half!!!  So whatever they did, I say, let's keep it up!  

under normal circumstances, I'd agree but, considering DQ admitted to sharing defensive play calling last week with other assistant coaches, I'd say he'd try anything at this point.

If my belief is true DK may look rather bored in the box for the remainder of the season.

FalconJim likes this