wartownfalcon

Matt Bryant

90 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, UK13 said:

Maybe not ... but we cant stop anybody ... i just see no light at the end of the tunnel right now ....im not sure we could win the SEC right now 

I do agree with that.  I've been a rite fan since the 80's and like you I'm in Ky. I could've chosen any team lol. 

Ive lived in Kentucky for 30 yrs but im from Ga. and ive been a fan for over 40yrs... there's a lot of bad seasons in thst 40+ yrs. ... hopefully we have a good draft 

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

He was constantly kicking while unsigned. They didn’t phuck up his rhythm. He just simply isn’t the same guy he used to be. 

I remember how great Elam was until he wasn't......same thing here

A Dog Named Brian and ya_boi_j like this

Just now, papachaz said:

I remember how great Elam was until he wasn't......same thing here

True. I wish I could share the conversation me and his wife had privately but I won’t. I think this will probably be his final season though. 

papachaz and GhostofGritz like this

2 hours ago, wartownfalcon said:

I really feel bad for the man. The end of his career couldn’t have turned out any worse. The organization thought with their hearts on bringing him back.

No they didn't. They tried several options to replace him.

GhostofGritz likes this

He's 44 years old. Father time catches up with everyone. He tried tapping the well one too many times. It's like a boxer that does "one more fight" and looks horrible.

I said after Bryant was signed to not have him kicking 50+ yard FG's. When he came out for the 2nd kick that was 53 yards, there was no question in my mind he'd miss it. I was mad he was trotted out there. 

FalconJim likes this

5 hours ago, jonnyblooz said:

I loved the man, still do, but letting him go last year was the right thing to do. You couldn't beat it in the brains of the uneducated fans that it was time for him to retire or at least for us to move on. 

Know when it's over man. 

It isn't over until your replacement is an upgrade.  But I do think it was cruel the way he was handled.

rounz likes this

5 hours ago, ATLPhil said:

They phucked up Matt Bryants rhythm when they cut him. Every since they brought him back seems like he was never the same football player again.

I think you're right!  From everything I saw from him in the media, he was really "BUTT HURT" when we released him!  He looked like there had been a death in his family, and truly thought it was uncalled for.  And I admit, I was against it, too, at the time, and was happy to see him coming back ---- until today.  Sadly, I think Bryant is done, and it's time for us to move on and start trying to find another Kicker (UGA's Blankenship comes to mind!).  Like you said, he's just not the same football player that we cut ---

On 10/27/2019 at 6:52 PM, Oldmanfan said:

It isn't over until your replacement is an upgrade.  But I do think it was cruel the way he was handled.

He's going to end up retiring during the bye in disgrace.  I don't see him as a disgrace mind you,  but he'll retire from football mid-season and feel he let everyone down.  

This is going to be much worse than him being released last off-season. 

Thanks for everything you did for us Money Matt, I hope someday to shake your hand and thank you in person. 

Oldmanfan likes this

On 10/27/2019 at 2:01 PM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

the other kickers were worse than Matt Bryant 

But...preseason don't matter.

Laughing Animated GIF