The Consolidated Dan Quinn Thread

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And it would result in nothing. No one is coming back to fill the Benz up this season. No one is going to get excited over any of the interims we have on staff. Winning wins the crowd and the tim

Yup, when you have guys like Campbell, Trufant, Beasley, Kazee, and Freeman trotted out there when they're severely under performing, what kind of message does it send to guys like Grace, Foye, Comins

Posted Images

Not really sure what there is to be gained by firing him mid-season.

Regardless of the outcome of this game I think even if Blank knows he plans on cleaning house, he will give DQ the opportunity to finish the season if Quinn wants to & fire him after the season. That said, Quinn may take the Glanville/Reeves approach & say "if you're gonna fire me after the season anyway, just go ahead and do it now"

If Falcons get blown out again for third game in a row then Blank has to make a change. If he thinks its front office and talent problem then Man up and fire front office and scouting department, if he thinks it's coaching then fire the coach, if he thinks it's both fire them both. But act, do something. Show you care. Firing the scouting department, and Rich McKay shows fans you are going to fix the front office this time and as a fan I would be happy with that move, because then that shows me Blank is just not going thru the same "process" he did with Smitty. I would be fine with Sabo, Emry. Collier, McKay, and Webster getting the boot and Falcons hiring Ed Dodds from Indy, moving TD more of a cap manager, and if DODDS felt like Quinn should stay them in would be DODDS decision. Julio is a world talent and obviously one of Blanks favorite players and by him standing up and giving a speech for Quinn last week tells me he is telling Blank it aint the coach it's the players on the roster. Talent knows talent. Maybe Blank should listen to Julio. 

Edited by Refried Beans
2 hours ago, FalconFan1st said:

I will be surprised if he is not the Falcons HC in 2020.

If that happens, I will no longer support the Falcons. This would be the end of 27 years for me. My fanship is already shaking, if DQ - who is the worst HC the NFL has seen since Petrino - is allowed to continue coaching here, then the Falcons can go 0-16 for dozens of years as far as I am concerned.

19 hours ago, OrthoPTSD said:

Sigh, the beating we are about to take? Physically, from such a run oriented team and Russell running around hitting receivers for large chunk gains?

Lets not talk about  if Ryan plays and has injury set back. He should not play Sunday. Schaub start and blowout? Ughhh I don't see how this can continue without major fallout from media.

I got one, could we beat the Dolphins, Jets, or Redskins?

Should honestly start Etling.

4 hours ago, Herr Beast said:

If that happens, I will no longer support the Falcons. This would be the end of 27 years for me. My fanship is already shaking, if DQ - who is the worst HC the NFL has seen since Petrino - is allowed to continue coaching here, then the Falcons can go 0-16 for dozens of years as far as I am concerned.

Honestly it's my fanship to the NFL which is shaken. I've been a talcons fan since the 80s so I'm used to horrible teams. It's just the game in general is totally different than the game I grew up watching. Def going to give the XFL a chance

4 hours ago, Herr Beast said:

Definitely not the worst since Petrino. What are you smokin? 

6 hours ago, Herr Beast said:

Would you find another team to support or would you quit watching Football altogether?

3 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Honestly it's my fanship to the NFL which is shaken. I've been a talcons fan since the 80s so I'm used to horrible teams. It's just the game in general is totally different than the game I grew up watching. Def going to give the XFL a chance

When I was a kid in the 80s I would write Gerald Riggs ATT and Yards down during the game. Watched every game since then. Maybe that why Ive cared less than ever before about the Falcons this year, Ive seen a lot of bad football, and.. the game IS different.

Etling would make me more interested as well.

Quinn stays no matter what. It just makes no sense to blow up the entire coaching staff and have all new coordinators and think that the team is going to be playoff worthy that season. How could any team have success with all new coordinators 3 times in three years? That's an extremely unstable football team and that almost never happens to that extent in this league. 

I'll be shocked if he's fired in the off-season. Quinn is (or was) clearly trying to transition the defense to a differently looking scheme and he does not currently have the players. I expect and hope that we cut a ton of players this off-season so that we can get the correct personnel and run these schemes correctly. 

Now I wouldn't mind seeing Koetter gone. The guy can get some yardage through the air, but he cannot get a running game going to save his life. 

8 hours ago, Herr Beast said:

I can’t stand Quinn’s style! He shows 0 emotion! When Neal blew out his knee in week 2, Quinn didn’t even go on the field to talk with the leader of his defense! His business as usual and let’s do catchphrases approach has run its course!!! I really and firmly believe the Falcons success in 2016 was squarely because of Shanahan! Quinn is a talentless hack! But he is very clever and smart with brown nosing to Blank and making Blank think he knows what he’s doing because Blank himself does not understand football and Quinn takes advantage of this to the ump degree!

Edited by DirtyBird7000k
1 hour ago, ATLskinjob said:

Quinn stays no matter what. It just makes no sense to blow up the entire coaching staff and have all new coordinators and think that the team is going to be playoff worthy that season. How could any team have success with all new coordinators 3 times in three years? That's an extremely unstable football team and that almost never happens to that extent in this league. 

I'll be shocked if he's fired in the off-season. Quinn is (or was) clearly trying to transition the defense to a differently looking scheme and he does not currently have the players. I expect and hope that we cut a ton of players this off-season so that we can get the correct personnel and run these schemes correctly. 

Now I wouldn't mind seeing Koetter gone. The guy can get some yardage through the air, but he cannot get a running game going to save his life. 

That's what Mike Malarkey is for.

10 hours ago, Herr Beast said:

4 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Would you find another team to support or would you quit watching Football altogether?

IF he jumps ship because a coach is/isn't fired, then why would you care what he does? Do you ask a rat fleeing a sinking ship where it will look for cheese?

Screw any and all deserters.