*** Official Seahawks Vs Falcons In-Game Thread ***

Just now, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I can't make you understand reality if you chose to live in a fantasy.. Again, a small handful of people actually believe Ryan is as great as yall do.. The rest of the world sees the truth 

Just to let you know it's not a small handful of people who think he is great.  It's a crap ton of people who think that about him.  Theirs a good reason you are in a very small minority on this board in the way you think.  Now with that said i don't think Ryan is a top 3 QB in the league either i would put him in the 5 to 7 range but thats more than enough to win games with and is someone i consider great at his position.  Not elite but great nonetheless. Even if you go to other forums from fans of other teams Ryan is 90% of the time put in the 5 to 10 range on every list.  So the fact you can't find 10 QB's better than him in the nfl makes him a franchise great QB you want on your team.  Also im not someone who lives in a fantasy land who just loves everything Falcons as far as players go because im 100% on the get rid of Beasley(who i wanted in the draft more than anyone) Freeman, Trufant, Bryant, and Campbell train.  Quinn can sure as **** be gone too without thinking twice about it. Unlike you i just don't have a blind hatred for a guy and troll on him every chance i can get.  I would actually love to know if you thought Vick was a great QB and would have rather had him than Ryan as well.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

where has this quick passing game been all year?

Yeah, zipped it straight into the ground on 3rd and long

Sheff if a keeper.  He's out there taking his lumps but he ain't backing down.  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I love this team, thats why id like to see the issues addressed.. But as with Freemans inflated contract.. Ryan wont be benched to save face. Its a huge flaw of team management 

Ryan’s performance isn’t the problem. He was bad week 1; like every other aspect of the team that game, and made week 2 closer than it should have been.

On fire since; outside of a poorly called game by Koetter vs the Titans and especially the Rams.

Problem is: Your expectations vs reality.

Keep talking like defense and OL haven’t been the biggest problems on the team this year.

Does any QB win last week vs the Rams with 5-7 step drops and vertical routes with the OL playing as poorly as it did?

I bet you think so. Not delusional! Lol.

5 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Watch the Falcons rally around the second half performance and win their way out of a top 5 draft pick...

I think we go 4-4 after the bye. 2 wins against the bucs, split with the panthers, and beat the Jags at home. I’d much rather go 3-13 though If the 2 wins were against the saints.

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

Ryan’s performance isn’t the problem. He was bad week 1; like every other aspect of the team that game, and made week 2 closer than it should have been.

On fire since; outside of a poorly called game by Koetter vs the Titans and especially the Rams.

Problem is: Your expectations vs reality.

Keep talking like defense and OL haven’t been the biggest problems on the team this year.

Does any QB win last week vs the Rams with 5-7 step drops and vertical routes with the OL playing as poorly as it did?

I bet you think so. Not delusional! Lol.

Main thing is, I hope we can fix the issues i know the team will address.. Hopefully we can have a good draft and get back on track next year.. Thats the best way I can look at the situation.. I respect Ryan and ive never wished he would be injured or his career cut short.. Just wish he was on a different team 

3 minutes ago, Halcon-1 said:

. . . did your 20 and retired. Good stuff man. I asked because I love meeting others who served in the Corps. I served from 2004 - 2008. I didn't plan on doing 20. Truth be told, I didn't even have plans to join the military while in school, which is why I joined later. I joined due to seeing others my age serving in the two wars overseas. It made me feel some type of way. I almost re-signed, though. Was going to change from the 0300 occupational specialty to satellite communications. I was done serving on the front lines and didn't want to push my fortune. In the end, I decided to discharge. Ended up as a technician at AT&T.

I retired as a SSgt I was Admin.  Went to Iraq in 2006.  I loved my Corps career except recruiting.  After I retired, I stopped exercising.  Need to start again.  

Just now, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Main thing is, I hope we can fix the issues i know the team will address.. Hopefully we can have a good draft and get back on track next year.. Thats the best way I can look at the situation.. I respect Ryan and ive never wished he would be injured or his career cut short.. Just wish he was on a different team 

Agreed, team will fix the Defense and secure Ryan’s TE for the rest of his career; maybe get the OL more right as well.

To be determined if the most important decisions will be made this offseason:

GM and HC/the staff

Imagine thinking QB is the problem in ATL. :)

5 minutes ago, Halcon-1 said:

. . . did your 20 and retired. Good stuff man. I asked because I love meeting others who served in the Corps. I served from 2004 - 2008. I didn't plan on doing 20. Truth be told, I didn't even have plans to join the military while in school, which is why I joined later. I joined due to seeing others my age serving in the two wars overseas. It made me feel some type of way. I almost re-signed, though. Was going to change from the 0300 occupational specialty to satellite communications. I was done serving on the front lines and didn't want to push my fortune. In the end, I decided to discharge. Ended up as a technician at AT&T.

Fear the Void. 

5 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Just to let you know it's not a small handful of people who think he is great.  It's a crap ton of people who think that about him.  Theirs a good reason you are in a very small minority on this board in the way you think.  Now with that said i don't think Ryan is a top 3 QB in the league either i would put him in the 5 to 7 range but thats more than enough to win games with and is someone i consider great at his position.  Not elite but great nonetheless. Even if you go to other forums from fans of other teams Ryan is 90% of the time put in the 5 to 10 range on every list.  So the fact you can't find 10 QB's better than him in the nfl makes him a franchise great QB you want on your team.  Also im not someone who lives in a fantasy land who just loves everything Falcons as far as players go because im 100% on the get rid of Beasley(who i wanted in the draft more than anyone) Freeman, Trufant, Bryant, and Campbell train.  Quinn can sure as **** be gone too without thinking twice about it. Unlike you i just don't have a blind hatred for a guy and troll on him every chance i can get.  I would actually love to know if you thought Vick was a great QB and would have rather had him than Ryan as well.

Vick was and always will be a much better QB than Ryan.. Ryan has a better work ethic, but Vick was far superior at Qb

9 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

If watching it in slow-mo is really the only way you can know for sure, then it probably shouldn't have been called on the field as zebras don't have slow-mo vision. If they do, they only seem to use it to make calls against the Falcons.

Now this i can agree with you on as i don't think it should have been called a fumble on the field.  That in itself is a judgement call based on a quick reaction by whoever was watching it.  Me or you out there might have made the same call as the ref did if it looked that way to us in real time speed and both of us were unbiased for or against any team lol.   But once it went to the booth for review and they do have the ability to slow it down and even stop it at certain points im thinking in i think New york is it?  Then they are the ones to make the call to tell the refs if they were right or wrong.  To me i seen the ball moving in his hand a bit before his butt hit the ground.  Which pisses me off even more because i was and still am a guy that wants us to win no matter what.  Freeman has a bad habit of this and when you form a habit like that you lose the initial benefit of the doubt when you keep doing it over and over again.   It was the same thing for Rocky as well on the Penalties he would get.  He just got to known for them and they called them way more on him than most others it felt like.  I think he got a bad rap on more than a few calls that shouldn't have went his way. 

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

This isn’t the SEC. It’s the NFL and every win is hard earned. The 49ers are top-five in offense and defense. Wish we could say the same

OK but I feel there is some validity there. I mean if we beat the Bungles 4 weeks in a row we should feel good about that?

Schaub looked to be much more confident at QB today.. Ryans anxiety gets to him after the first possession 

Ryan entered this week leading the league in TD passes. Schaub threw 1 TD.

If confidence = less points, okay. Nice job with your head in the troll sands still.

Never let that pride stop hurting your delusional agenda or from spinning those narratives.

10 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

Can anyone tell Koetter that his offense this year is allowed to score in the first half? 

Tired of getting outscored in the first half. We're talking about a different season if the offense is rolling starting from the first drive. 

We have had a few games where we have scored on opening drive.

DK has not been perfect but we have had chitty execution early on.

Too many turnovers, untimely penalties and just blown assignments.

Vick was and always will be a much better QB than Ryan.. Ryan has a better work ethic, but Vick was far superior at Qb

well this guarantees another 15 pages minimum to the thread.  

and I disagree about the comparison.  Ryan offers more stability and work ethic like you said.  Vicks way of play and his work ethic in atl were not sustainable.  

4 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

You are 100% full of it if you believe this. Vick has never been and NEVER WILL BE a better QB than Ryan.  Vick was a better athlete theirs no doubt about that.  Vick had a stronger arm that is without a doubt as well.  Vick did not know how to throw a ball with touch or put it where it needed to be on most timing routes.  He also was not smart enough to remember a complex play book and was to lazy most of the time to even attempt to do so or work on his craft.    The fact you get being a good athlete and being a good QB mixed up so badly scares me honestly.

2 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

How can you possibly say that? You could say Vick was a better athlete, maybe even get away with saying he was a better overall player, but a better QB? No way man.

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Ryan entered this week leading the league in TD passes. Schaub threw 1 TD.

If confidence = less points, okay. Nice job with your head in the troll sands still.

Never let that pride stop hurting your delusional agenda or from spinning those narratives.

Echo Chambers...you cant drill through them, even with a diamond drill bit.