2 trade suggestions involving Falcons; CBS Sports

Atlanta Falcons

Acquire: 2020 fifth-round pick, 2021 fifth-round pick (from Lions)
Trade: RB Devonta Freeman

It's rebuild time for the Falcons, so they should be after not only picks but cap space, and Freeman's got a bloated contract that runs through 2022. Atlanta can always cut him after the season and swallow $6 million, but why not take advantage of Detroit's need for an RB1 and see what Ito Smith can do with a bigger role once healthy?

Baltimore Ravens

Acquire: DE Vic Beasley (from Falcons)
Trade: 2020 fourth-round pick

They need a pass rusher. Suggs would be a nice story, and so, too, would a bigger-splash player like Yannick Ngakoue, but Beasley is right in that sweet spot of being a high-upside option who shouldn't break the bank.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/one-trade-each-nfl-team-should-make-32-different-scenarios-for-the-2019-trade-deadline/

16 minutes ago, Skott Lee said:

I’d take this. Just need to make sure Quinn and Dimi are gone so we won’t misevaluate talent in the draft. 

Why would TD and Quinn trade their players for another regime though? If the trades go through, I fear quinn gets another chance to use those picks 

49 minutes ago, Skott Lee said:

I’d take this. Just need to make sure Quinn and Dimi are gone so we won’t misevaluate talent in the draft. 

If Dimitroff pulls off more trades like he did for Sanu, it'll be tough to fire the guy. He wanted to move on from Beasley and Quinn didn't. Also put the talent on the field to win a ring three years ago and Quinn failed to make second half adjustments. 

He's done more for this franchise this board gives him credit for.

23 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Make it happen. Just get a new FO including GM and make McKay sign a new contract saying he’ll stay out of all draft business. Also no more single high safety so if we keep the status quo it won’t be a big deal.

Bro I’m so sick tired of that single high safety crap!!

4 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Atlanta Falcons

Acquire: 2020 fifth-round pick, 2021 fifth-round pick (from Lions)
Trade: RB Devonta Freeman

It's rebuild time for the Falcons, so they should be after not only picks but cap space, and Freeman's got a bloated contract that runs through 2022. Atlanta can always cut him after the season and swallow $6 million, but why not take advantage of Detroit's need for an RB1 and see what Ito Smith can do with a bigger role once healthy?

Baltimore Ravens

Acquire: DE Vic Beasley (from Falcons)
Trade: 2020 fourth-round pick

They need a pass rusher. Suggs would be a nice story, and so, too, would a bigger-splash player like Yannick Ngakoue, but Beasley is right in that sweet spot of being a high-upside option who shouldn't break the bank.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/one-trade-each-nfl-team-should-make-32-different-scenarios-for-the-2019-trade-deadline/

Even though Beasley has sucked for the falcons the last two years I still believe his worth is higher than a 4Th rd pick.. If we could give Freeman away please take that deal!

4 hours ago, stizz said:

If Dimitroff pulls off more trades like he did for Sanu, it'll be tough to fire the guy. He wanted to move on from Beasley and Quinn didn't. Also put the talent on the field to win a ring three years ago and Quinn failed to make second half adjustments. 

He's done more for this franchise this board gives him credit for.

Exactly. The way I see it, is either this Falcons team has no talent, therefore TD should be fired and it's not DQ's fault, or they do have talent, which most agree on. So TD has brought talent in, DQ should be fired. I'm prepared to wait until end of year, but the problems are mainly on Quinn.

Id trade Freeman for a bad of peanuts. Horrible player, cost us a Super Bowl with a whiffed block and also caused a contract distraction during the SB bye week and his contract has caused us to let Coleman walk. Had one decent year and has held our team hostage ever since

I'll celebrate when he is cut.