athell

Baldy again going in on the Falcons/Quinn/Players

68 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, athell said:

Baldy is just outright getting mad now at these guys lol

Really tees off on Campbell and Bailey...but also speaks to the overall confusion and poor effort on this defense.  Mentions how historically bad we are and how terrible we are on 3rd down.  

I been saying that Kazee is mother flipping aweful for a while, same thing for Dr Dre Dumbbell. Just need to take DQ out to the woodshed because these are his players. Bailey also playing like dog poop nuggets. 

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

If it were just one guy out there playing confused, that would be one thing. But the fact is most of the guys out there At mid-season looking confused speaks volumes about the coaching staff. 

Exact Same issue last year as well. 

Players look “special”, too.  Kazee is hot garbage this year

JDaveG, falcons007, Osiruz and 2 others like this

38 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

He's hot garbage every year. Constantly out of position, leads with his helmet, and can't ever tackle right. 

JDaveG likes this

A level of fail this epic is not on the players ... it's on coaching. You get players making blatant mistakes like that, you drill the shtt out of them, and if that doesn't work, you bench 'em. All that should've happened by game 4.

To still see this at game 7 means I don't know what they're doing in practice, but it ain't coaching.

Maybe they're working on hip hop dance moves.

NCFalconfan and high impact like this

I’ve been a falcons fan for a long time and this is the worst coached team I have ever seen. We had plenty of teams devoid of talent but never one with so much talent that plays so dumb. We look like a college defense in week 1 that lost all their starters from the previous year.

3 hours ago, athell said:

Baldy is just outright getting mad now at these guys lol

Really tees off on Campbell and Bailey...but also speaks to the overall confusion and poor effort on this defense.  Mentions how historically bad we are and how terrible we are on 3rd down.  

Not directly speaking to anybody, but this is all the players fault. As baldy mention, what is Kazee doing? He's got curl/flats all day on that play. If he plays his zone, he's in position to make the play. 

Same with Bailey. It's absurd how Davison is already pivoting to pursue, yet Bailey is running up field. Tackle has already shown you where the play is going. You get in his hip pocket, and blow it up. If he pursues the way he should have, there's no way they score unless they just miss tackles on the pursuit.

Campbell. We're just going to leave that at that.

I mean it's as Julio said. They're in the right play, but the players aren't making the plays. Quinn may have blunders, but all of this can't be on him.

Now the Gurley TD was just a great ball, and probably a better catch by Gurley. Can't even blame Vic on that. That's just a good call. Only a bad throw could have made that play a failure. Maybe better leverage would have helped, but not much else you can do there.

blkbigdog35, JDaveG, Osiruz and 2 others like this

3 hours ago, Vandy said:

If it were just one guy out there playing confused, that would be one thing. But the fact is most of the guys out there At mid-season looking confused speaks volumes about the coaching staff. 

Exact Same issue last year as well. 

It’s partly certain players, though.

Vondre doesn’t surprise me. Dude has awareness problems since being in the league.

Bailey makes a rookie mistake as a veteran. That’s football basics on a screen play on 3rd and long.

Blidi then takes himself out of the play as well.

Some of these are bad veteran plays. We just suck and either can’t be coached right or aren’t being.

Its really hard to know what it is. We should see Grace and Foye in there over Vondre and I really hope Vic is traded and we get Cominsky/Larkin all his snaps.

Hopefully whoever is coaching next year can coach the ones that remain up and whoever is GM can get a good draft together b/c we gonna need a HR draft.

Osiruz likes this

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Well to be fair, he was out of position at FS last year too.

Brian Poole was a big factor in beating the Rams in LA back in 2017 playoffs.

He was removing Gurley from the very kind of dump off passes that Kazee completely blows his assignment on.

AND ANYONE WONDERS WHY HE ISN’T PLAYING FS!!!!

26 minutes ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

Not directly speaking to anybody, but this is all the players fault. As baldy mention, what is Kazee doing? He's got curl/flats all day on that play. If he plays his zone, he's in position to make the play. 

Same with Bailey. It's absurd how Davison is already pivoting to pursue, yet Bailey is running up field. Tackle has already shown you where the play is going. You get in his hip pocket, and blow it up. If he pursues the way he should have, there's no way they score unless they just miss tackles on the pursuit.

Campbell. We're just going to leave that at that.

I mean it's as Julio said. They're in the right play, but the players aren't making the plays. Quinn may have blunders, but all of this can't be on him.

Now the Gurley TD was just a great ball, and probably a better catch by Gurley. Can't even blame Vic on that. That's just a good call. Only a bad throw could have made that play a failure. Maybe better leverage would have helped, but not much else you can do there.

We have seen this script play out before many times. Harbaugh takes over SF, the players are doing it right winning games. McVay takes over Rams, they start winning. These players aren’t first timers. It starts with coaching, bottom line they can’t even line up before snap for 2 years. What has been done to fix.., the a Whole D is making mistakes. 

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Well to be fair, he was out of position at FS last year too.

Brian Poole was a big factor in beating the Rams in LA back in 2017 playoffs.

He was removing Gurley from the very kind of dump off passes that Kazee completely blows his assignment on.

AND ANYONE WONDERS WHY HE ISN’T PLAYING FS!!!!

It was Allen who played NB against Rams and contained Gurley.

This is the combination of poor coaching and low football  IQ. As embarrassing as it is they can't stop now. We have a top 5 draft pick to secure so keep sucking. 

30 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

It was Allen who played NB against Rams and contained Gurley.

Nah, Allen played FS vs the Rams in 2017 playoffs.

Brian Poole was the NB still. He limited YAC. Remember everyone praising his open field tackling? Allen made plays from FS. Both had great games for their roles.

I mean, it’s possible I’m remembering wrong but I don’t believe so.

EDIT:

https://www.bradenton.com/sports/article193643839.html

GettyImages-901982950.jpg

“Now in his second NFL season, Poole drew praise during Atlanta’s road playoff victory over the Los Angeles Rams on Saturday.

In the NBC broadcast, analyst Chris Collinsworth commented how good Poole was making tackles all game. That included a first-quarter tackle on Rams running back Todd Gurley to set the tone for Atlanta’s defense.

The explosive Gurley did tally 101 rushing yards on 14 carries, but 33 of those yards came on one play in the fourth quarter.

Poole, who finished with four tackles, tied for the third-most tackles on the team in a win over the NFL’s highest-scoring offense.”
Osiruz, Geaux_Falcons and cblack like this

7 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

We have seen this script play out before many times. Harbaugh takes over SF, the players are doing it right winning games. McVay takes over Rams, they start winning. These players aren’t first timers. It starts with coaching, bottom line they can’t even line up before snap for 2 years. What has been done to fix.., the a Whole D is making mistakes. 

Coaching is just the easy thing to blame. Not pursing a screen pass is a high school level mistake. A high school level player is taught to pursue that kind of play. If Davison is doing it immediately,  Bailey should have beat him there, but Bailey wasn't even found in the frame. You at least saw davison pivot and pursue. You shouldn't have to be teaching an NFL player to pivot and pursue that. 

Kazee on the dump off to the RB should have been all over that. Poole use to always make those plays. Poole had his faults, but his were more athletic related. I actually liked Kazee, but turning on some tape and focusing in on him, I see where other breakdowns are starting at, and they're starting with him a lot. 

Some players simply aren't coachable and possibly the over reliance on trying to has hurt Quinn at this point

JDaveG and Osiruz like this

6 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Brian Poole was the NB still. He limited YAC. Remember everyone praising his open field tackling? Allen made plays from FS. Both had great games for their roles.

EDIT:

https://www.bradenton.com/sports/article193643839.html

“Now in his second NFL season, Poole drew praise during Atlanta’s road playoff victory over the Los Angeles Rams on Saturday.

In the NBC broadcast, analyst Chris Collinsworth commented how good Poole was making tackles all game. That included a first-quarter tackle on Rams running back Todd Gurley to set the tone for Atlanta’s defense.

The explosive Gurley did tally 101 rushing yards on 14 carries, but 33 of those yards came on one play in the fourth quarter.

Poole, who finished with four tackles, tied for the third-most tackles on the team in a win over the NFL’s highest-scoring offense.”

Rico played 34 snaps at FS. He was in the box and also played Nickle back. Sure they moved around. I am sure Dave Archer analysis is some where in inter webs after the game. 

6 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Could've sworn it was Poole too. Again, could be wrong though.

Schwarzwald likes this

4 hours ago, NCFalconfan said:

Keep applying that heat Baldy....Inexcusable how completely lost this defense has looked for going on YEARS now under Quinn. And yet, he's still here.

6 minutes ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

Coaching is just the easy thing to blame. Not pursing a screen pass is a high school level mistake. A high school level player is taught to pursue that kind of play. If Davison is doing it immediately,  Bailey should have beat him there, but Bailey wasn't even found in the frame. You at least saw davison pivot and pursue. You shouldn't have to be teaching an NFL player to pivot and pursue that. 

Kazee on the dump off to the RB should have been all over that. Poole use to always make those plays. Poole had his faults, but his were more athletic related. I actually liked Kazee, but turning on some tape and focusing in on him, I see where other breakdowns are starting at, and they're starting with him a lot. 

Some players simply aren't coachable and possibly the over reliance on trying to has hurt Quinn at this point

They aren’t HS players, they have played at high level. It’s been a problem from 2018, you either bench them or coach them to play. At this point it’s DQ.

Osiruz likes this

2 minutes ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

Could've sworn it was Poole too. Again, could be wrong though.

Poole did too but Rico played on NB too based on the formation to contain Gurley. They moved around. Rico was only The deep middle FS for half the snaps.

4 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

They aren’t HS players, they have played at high level. It’s been a problem from 2018, you either bench them or coach them to play. At this point it’s DQ.

Only partially. Its certainly his fault for rolling with guys like Campbell & Vic for so long, and that's probably just his stubbornness in believing he can coach those kind of guys no matter what. 

cblack, Osiruz and JDaveG like this

19 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Poole did too but Rico played on NB too based on the formation to contain Gurley. They moved around. Rico was only The deep middle FS for half the snaps.

If they played 3 wide vs us, Poole is the NCB.

Poole played every defensive snap. 68. 4 tackles.

Allen 1 tackle; also every snap.