athell

Baldy again going in on the Falcons/Quinn/Players

68 posts in this topic

Baldy is just outright getting mad now at these guys lol

Really tees off on Campbell and Bailey...but also speaks to the overall confusion and poor effort on this defense.  Mentions how historically bad we are and how terrible we are on 3rd down.  

 

VTCrunkler, Romfal, shock and 15 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it were just one guy out there playing confused, that would be one thing. But the fact is most of the guys out there At mid-season looking confused speaks volumes about the coaching staff. 
 

Exact Same issue last year as well. 

ShadyRef, shock, Halcon-1 and 22 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vandy said:

If it were just one guy out there playing confused, that would be one thing. But the fact is most of the guys out there At mid-season looking confused speaks volumes about the coaching staff. 
 

Exact Same issue last year as well. 

Yes sir!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Vandy said:

If it were just one guy out there playing confused, that would be one thing. But the fact is most of the guys out there At mid-season looking confused speaks volumes about the coaching staff. 
 

Exact Same issue last year as well. 

And this is why I personally do not accept what some of the players are saying.  Maybe Quinn's message hasn't grown stale to them, or as much, but it's quite clear the majority of these guys have checked out.  Campbell needs to go and if we are honest, is on borrowed time.

That Bailey play that set Baldy off...man...shows the difference in play between Tye and Bailey.  Tye reads, reacts, pursues.  Bailey...does not.  AND TYE IS THE NOSE!

Maybe instead of fast and physical it should be football smart.  I don't know if we have a lot of guys, especially on defense, that have a high football iq and I am starting to wonder if they are being lead by a coach who may not have the highest of football iq's either...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, athell said:

And this is why I personally do not accept what some of the players are saying.  Maybe Quinn's message hasn't grown stale to them, or as much, but it's quite clear the majority of these guys have checked out.  Campbell needs to go and if we are honest, is on borrowed time.

That Bailey play that set Baldy off...man...shows the difference in play between Tye and Bailey.  Tye reads, reacts, pursues.  Bailey...does not.  AND TYE IS THE NOSE!

Maybe instead of fast and physical it should be football smart.  I don't know if we have a lot of guys, especially on defense, that have a high football iq and I am starting to wonder if they are being lead by a coach who may not have the highest of football iq's either...

It’s a baffling state of where this team is at, isn’t it my man? peeps pointing fingers everywhere, while to me it just comes down to football I.Q. and coaching, which most often goes hand in hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vandy said:

It’s a baffling state of where this team is at, isn’t it my man? peeps pointing fingers everywhere, while to me it just comes down to football I.Q. and coaching, which most often goes hand in hand.

Physical talent only takes you so far...especially when teams learn to use your physical talent against you.  These guys don't know how to combine their physical talent with smart, sound, fundamental football which is ALL coaching.  Who has Quinn developed during his time here?  I'm honestly wondering to myself...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, athell said:

And this is why I personally do not accept what some of the players are saying.  Maybe Quinn's message hasn't grown stale to them, or as much, but it's quite clear the majority of these guys have checked out.  Campbell needs to go and if we are honest, is on borrowed time.

That Bailey play that set Baldy off...man...shows the difference in play between Tye and Bailey.  Tye reads, reacts, pursues.  Bailey...does not.  AND TYE IS THE NOSE!

Maybe instead of fast and physical it should be football smartI don't know if we have a lot of guys, especially on defense, that have a high football iq and I am starting to wonder if they are being lead by a coach who may not have the highest of football iq's either...

Agree. I mean what other conclusion can be drawn when you look at this defense and it's basically helpless against the run and the pass? What are fans supposed to think about this team and its coaches if knowledgeable football analysts are posting Falcon defensive plays and asking, "How can it be this bad?" half-way through the season?

The Center for Disease Control should send a full Hazmat Emergency Team to Flowery Branch, evacuate everybody and then hose the whole dam place down with Moron Disinfectant. :argh:

On second thought, maybe just leave everybody inside while they spray...   :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

We are so, so bad on 3rd down defense. It's become predictable. It'll be 3rd and 12 for the opponent. And every Falcons fan in their head KNOWS the conversion is happening.

Also if by some miracle we hold an offense short of a third-down they just play the odds and go for it on 4th down. I wonder if we'll set a record for the least amount of punts forced this year. :bang:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, athell said:

And this is why I personally do not accept what some of the players are saying.  Maybe Quinn's message hasn't grown stale to them, or as much, but it's quite clear the majority of these guys have checked out.  Campbell needs to go and if we are honest, is on borrowed time.

That Bailey play that set Baldy off...man...shows the difference in play between Tye and Bailey.  Tye reads, reacts, pursues.  Bailey...does not.  AND TYE IS THE NOSE!

Maybe instead of fast and physical it should be football smart.  I don't know if we have a lot of guys, especially on defense, that have a high football iq and I am starting to wonder if they are being lead by a coach who may not have the highest of football iq's either...

Not to be ugly, but I've been calling him mouth-breather for 3 years...

1181482253.jpg.0.jpg

Ok... so I am being ugly, but I've had it. I mean even on his best day he can't manage timeouts or replays, even with an assistant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Not to be ugly, but I've been calling him mouth-breather for 3 years...

1181482253.jpg.0.jpg

Ok... so I am being ugly, but I've had it. I mean even on his best day he can't manage timeouts or replays, even with an assistant.

Hey...gotta be honest and call a spade a spade...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, athell said:

"They simply can't get their assignments down.  But why?"

Great question.  One for the next DC of this team.

I never liked the fact on every snap, they needed a LB to get the Front seven lined up and Rico to get Seconadry lined up. I understand if a player is a rookie. This goes back to coaching. You don’t see good defenses look confused, players know their roles based on the call made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week after week the same ****.

Is Quinn demonstrating to Blank that no matter who calls the plays, it's the players execution that's f'N up?

At least for the last 2 weeks his assistants have been helping him call plays and nothing has changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Googlywoogly said:

Mr. Blank needs to be on the phone right now asking Baldinger what it will take to get him in here to coach up the D.  Nobody currently on staff appears to be doing so.

Seriously. Bring in an offensive minded HC and let Baldy coach the D. 

Googlywoogly likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, athell said:

Baldy is just outright getting mad now at these guys lol

Really tees off on Campbell and Bailey...but also speaks to the overall confusion and poor effort on this defense.  Mentions how historically bad we are and how terrible we are on 3rd down.  

 

Baldy couldn’t be more right in his assessment of these plays. It is truly baffling that we are watching NFL defense here. It’s not even as competent as Division 1A college ball. This is high school crap, here. Mind numbing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only 3 plays but when there happening week in week out there glaringly bad.

Coaches and players.

Thats not even being out schemed.Its poor recognition and poor execution.Just poor all round.

At this point I’m hoping the Seahawks pound us like the Rams did just to end this coaching tenure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now