Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BamaBirdLady

Good news on Tua this morning

23 posts in this topic

Saban was on the Golic and Wingo and had positive news about Tua. So glad to hear! Here is just one thing he said:

"These things are hard to predict, but we want him to be three or four days non-weight bearing, and then he can sort of go as tolerated relative to his rehab,” Saban said on Golic and Wingo. “He was back on the field in 12 days before the last one. This one doesn’t seem to be quite as serious as the last one, and it’s not his plant foot to throw"

 

 I had forgotten that last year it was his plant foot and that is why his throws were so off.

Here's to be more hopeful he will be back for the LSU game!!

Wardog357 and LouDog like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Carter said:

Hope he recovers quickly and is good to go for the LSU game. 

Alabama is going to lose with or without Tua IMO. Hate saying it, but just a bad feeling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I jumped the gun a bit on my doom and gloom.

He was spotted out of the walking boot today which can only be a good sign. Saban has pretty much said his rehab is going quicker than expected too.

McElroy said Alabama is expecting him to be a lot closer to 100% than people originally thought, so who knows.

BamaBirdLady likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Alabama is going to lose with or without Tua IMO. Hate saying it, but just a bad feeling. 

I would never try to pick the winner of that game! It has been such a weird series since Saban came here.

When I was at school and we were pretty bad, LSU was still a sure win for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BamaBirdLady said:

I would never try to pick the winner of that game! It has been such a weird series since Saban came here.

When I was at school and we were pretty bad, LSU was still a sure win for us.

Weird?  Hasn't Bama won like 8 straight?  Nothing weird about that unless you're LSU. 

The Great American likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, frankly88 said:

Weird?  Hasn't Bama won like 8 straight?  Nothing weird about that unless you're LSU. 

Alabama has dominated the series, but there have been some odd games (okay like 2 odd games).

LSU is averaging 3.3 PPG over the last 3 games against Alabama so yeah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, frankly88 said:

Weird?  Hasn't Bama won like 8 straight?  Nothing weird about that unless you're LSU. 

Most games have been incredibly close. To win we have needed great plays, crazy plays, turn overs, several OTs, penalties have played a part, yea weird.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tua expected back at practice on Wednesday. He is ahead of schedule in his rehab. 

At this point it seems very likely that he plays against LSU. 

BamaBirdLady likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

Tua expected back at practice on Wednesday. He is ahead of schedule in his rehab. 

At this point it seems very likely that he plays against LSU. 

If Tua doesn’t play, Bama cannot win.

Saban will need to hope the committee votes him into 4th spot like 2017.

SacFalcFan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, g-dawg said:

If Tua doesn’t play, Bama cannot win.

Saban will need to hope the committee votes him into 4th spot like 2017.

Anything can happen on any given Saturday in the SEC. I mean just look at the games this season, Vandy over Missouri,  South Carolina over GA.

Whether Tua plays or not, this game is too close to call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Anything can happen on any given Saturday in the SEC. I mean just look at the games this season, Vandy over Missouri,  South Carolina over GA.

Whether Tua plays or not, this game is too close to call.

You are right - anything can happen and Bama could win but not having Tua or a wounded Tua decreases their chances greatly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

You are right - anything can happen and Bama could win but not having Tua or a wounded Tua decreases their chances greatly.

Yea, I agree. Any team that doesn't have their best player on the field is at a disadvantage.  But then again, there have been some upsets when the teams have had their best player on the field.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, g-dawg said:

If Tua doesn’t play, Bama cannot win.

Saban will need to hope the committee votes him into 4th spot like 2017.

I won't say cannot win, but it definitely is a lot less likely. The Alabama defense has played a lot better in recent weeks (albiet against a terrible Arkansas team and a Tennessee team that is surging a bit, but still isn't that good). Still, Alabama held Arkansas to season lows in yards and points and Tennessee to a season low in yards. The Alabama running game and OL have been a lot better in recent weeks too.

I'm not saying Alabama wins w/o Tua, but I think it is certainly possible, at least a lot more possible than I would have thought even a week ago. 

In 2017, it wasn't really that tough of a decision honestly. An Alabama team that was banged up down the stretch with a 12 point loss on the road to a top 10 team, or an Ohio State team with a 15 point loss at home to a top 10 team AND that blowout against Iowa. If Ohio State loses by like 10 to Iowa, they get in that year. There is a chance this year too, but it would require some weird things to happen. 

BamaBirdLady likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tua was throwing for the media yesterday and his motion looked really good!

Things sound really good coming out of Tuscaloosa, but Saban isn't going to let anyone know anything at this point.

Some were saying Tua might pull a Bosa and sit out the rest of season, I have heard that is flat out untrue!

We will see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

 

I actually love that! I saw it early this morning and smiled.I hope the LSU people see it too!

Gary Danielson might be stirring the pot a little, we all know he loves to do that. I think we all assume he will not be 100%, but Tua at 70-80% is still pretty good and our back up is pretty good too!

I think the biger issues concerning injuries is LSU, Delpit still has not been at practice and no word as to whether he really starts, Dare Rosenthal is out for Saturday, and of course they lost their sack leader Micheal Divinty to drug issues.

It will be interesting to see if Tua starts or if it is Jones. If Jones struggles and then they go to Tua or the other way around. Who knows??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Macknsweetjones said:

I think Tua plays but I don’t think he’ll be good and if that line don’t hold up I don’t think he makes it to the end of that game 

LSU is down their #1 team leader for sacks, Michael Divinity.  Of course he only has 3 sacks, LSU is not really strong in that department. 

Macknsweetjones likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Macknsweetjones said:

I think Tua plays but I don’t think he’ll be good and if that line don’t hold up I don’t think he makes it to the end of that game 

the good thing for tua and bama is they have to face lsu's defense instead of auburn or uga because they would hit him early and often.  lsu while they have an explosive offense their defense is average and missing 2 of their best players have little chance to stop bama even with Tua not being close to 100%.  tua has issues with being healthy and it will be interesting to see if he survives auburn and uga back to back (if uga makes the title game), but even at 70 to 80% against lsu's defense he will put up some numbers.  i think the difference in the game are the wrs for bama.. they are possibly 4 1st round picks and they are the best in the country just ahead of lsu's group.  bama is at home and that will help their defense in their pass rush which will slow down lsu enough for them to win by 10 points or more.  i think it's much more important for bama to win this game than lsu due to their resumes.  lsu has a heck of a resume already, but bama doesn't.  their best win is a&m or duke at this point.  even if lsu loses they have a much better shot of making it into the playoff even if they don't make the sec title game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

the good thing for tua and bama is they have to face lsu's defense instead of auburn or uga because they would hit him early and often.  lsu while they have an explosive offense their defense is average and missing 2 of their best players have little chance to stop bama even with Tua not being close to 100%.  tua has issues with being healthy and it will be interesting to see if he survives auburn and uga back to back (if uga makes the title game), but even at 70 to 80% against lsu's defense he will put up some numbers.  i think the difference in the game are the wrs for bama.. they are possibly 4 1st round picks and they are the best in the country just ahead of lsu's group.  bama is at home and that will help their defense in their pass rush which will slow down lsu enough for them to win by 10 points or more.  i think it's much more important for bama to win this game than lsu due to their resumes.  lsu has a heck of a resume already, but bama doesn't.  their best win is a&m or duke at this point.  even if lsu loses they have a much better shot of making it into the playoff even if they don't make the sec title game.  

I think LSU sends blitz at him just to see if they can hit him often. Gonna be pretty interesting to see how coach O makeup for LSU defense ..I know that secondary is no where near talented enough to defend bama WRs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0