This will cut deep to some here

3 hours ago, Emmitt said:

The Hawks are ballin. That’s also without Red Velvet all the way back too. This is going to be a fun season as opposed to this **** show we got going on over here. 

Yeah Red Velvet definitely looked like a guy who didn’t play at all in the preseason. But I’m sure he’ll get it together sooner rather than later. 

11 hours ago, Dirtybird56 said:

I wish I could care about soccer would be fun to root for a winning Atlanta team 

Try it.  Go to one game.  The Falcons are my #1 team and always will be.  But I've been to a handful of ATL U games, and every single one of them has been more fun than almost ever Falcons game I've ever been to. 

The only 2 exceptions were the Rams playoff game and when Peyton gifted us 3 picks in the first half.  I was with a buddy of mine that is a huge Broncos fan.  He said, "This is bull****, I'm asking for my money back."  My response right on queue, "Just tell them the Broncos didn't show up for it."  I will always have that :-)

4 minutes ago, US-41 Falcon said:

Bro Trae Young, John Collins, and the crew had me hype last night. That team is gonna be a terror in 2-3 years. If they can make the playoffs this year, especially with the brand of basketball they play and the national attention they're already getting... State Farm Arena gonna look like a club Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. 

Trae's a star, I was skeptical at first. If they can play defense and rebound they got some athletes that can run the floor. 

17 minutes ago, US-41 Falcon said:

The television ratings for an Atlanta United game have never ever (ever, ever?) been CLOSE to the Falcons. I mean, the championship game drew a 2.3 in the city. The Falcons SNF game against the Eagles this year drew a 33. 

Atlanta United has great crowds. They've got a great, loyal fanbase. But it is laughable (and naive) to think they're the most popular team in the city. Are they the most socio-diverse? Probably. The best value? Absolutely. You can get playoff tickets for TWENTY DOLLARS and play in a venue that was built for an NFL team. They've got some die-hards, but "soccer guy" like you, are just so "in your face" about soccer, it's like dude - screw actually caring. I've heard that for 15 years. I hope it does well, and there is no denying the team has a cult like following - clearly, look at you. But it is small, it has little-to-no national leverage, and doesn't have nearly the best players in the world playing.

Trae Young went for 38 last night on a rebuilding team and had more national pub than the United did as a team in a playoff game. Pick your head up, be happy where you are, and know it's a great thing for the city, but will quite literally take a seismic shift for the league as a whole to ever get near the other 4 leagues. 

Plain and simple, no actual metric puts AU on the scale of any other pro team in the city in terms of actual popularity, and moreover, revenue. 

Let me correct you:

Atlanta United did about 11.5 rating on Fox for the Championship. You forgot to add the Univision numbers for the Spanish outlet. You had about 400k-500k households watching the game in Atlanta (English + Spanish) which beats the rating of all other sports except Falcons playoff games.

I hate the fact you want to talk about ratings, but with inaccurate information... I follow ratings for hobby for a longtime .

These numbers don’t include Out of The Home viewership. For big Soccer games, Out of Home viewing adds another 20-30% lift to the ratings. Soccer has the biggest out of the home numbers for events like the World Cup, and so forth.

Edited by stingbee

Atlanta United did about 11.5 rating on Fox for the Championship. 

Looked again - that was the national rating. Again - 11.5 vs a 33 is a big gap. Especially to tout the United as a "the most popular franchise" in the city. 

Shoot - I casually follow them, and like them. But "Atlanta United diehard fan" is the biggest cuck in the city. The stadium was financed by Falcons PSL holders - $300 million to be exact. Would be interesting to see how full those stadiums would be if it cost them $15-100K for the right to buy exponentially more expensive tickets.

AU is a great bargain - I'm glad the city has that for pro sports teams. But I doubt the stadiums would look like like it did if it costs what major sporting events cost

The MLS Cup peaked at almost 700k viewers in Atlanta on Fox. The Univision numbers were not part of this. I assume you had another 100-200k at least from the Spanish outlet in Atlanta. Add the 30% lift from out of home viewing, you get to about 1.3-1.5 million people tuned to the game.  That is massive for the city of Atlanta.

1 minute ago, US-41 Falcon said:

Looked again - that was the national rating. Again - 11.5 vs a 33 is a big gap. Especially to tout the United as a "the most popular franchise" in the city. 

Shoot - I casually follow them, and like them. But "Atlanta United diehard fan" is the biggest cuck in the city. The stadium was financed by Falcons PSL holders - $300 million to be exact. Would be interesting to see how full those stadiums would be if it cost them $15-100K for the right to buy exponentially more expensive tickets.

AU is a great bargain - I'm glad the city has that for pro sports teams. But I doubt the stadiums would look like like it did if it costs what major sporting events cost

You really do have a low IQ and you don’t know Jack about TV ratings. 11.5 rating on Fox local channel and I estimate a 4-5 rating on the local Spanish outlet for the game. This means a local rating of about 15.0 and add the 30% lift from out of home viewing. The real rating was probably around 20.0+ rating when adding all those factors. 

5 minutes ago, stingbee said:

You really do have a low IQ and you don’t know Jack about TV ratings. 11.5 rating on Fox local channel and I estimate a 4-5 rating on the local Spanish outlet for the game. This means a local rating of about 15.0 and add the 30% lift from out of home viewing. The real rating was probably around 20.0+ rating when adding all those factors. 

Just let it go man. Dude does not see logic and reason and just wants to sh*t on soccer/ATLU. Not worth the time or energy educating these fools. Some folks are just too butt hurt the Falcons are a joke of a franchise while the Five Stripes are changing American soccer forever. 

6 hours ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Congrats to the best team in the 7th best sports league in the U.S., and the 7th best soccer league in the world.  When all the other MLS owners barely care about their teams, it's easy to overspend for stars no one has heard of to win meaningless trophies in an overlooked league.  Congrats to Blank and all the millennials enjoying Atlanta's consolation prize franchise.  Maybe we'll win a trophy that matters in this town again one day, because 1995 was a long time ago :lol:

Wow there's a lot of dumb **** in this post. Impressive. 

I saw ATL United march a National Championship trophy through Atlanta... when's the last time we saw that from one of our sports teams that "matters"? Lmao... 

4 hours ago, putnam6 said:

The atmosphere looks great love the fans going nuts, that aspect reminds of live hockey, but unlike hockey, the "action" on the field is decidedly boring. LOL I try to watch it and I wind up changing the channel or falling asleep.But like last night, watching the Hawks on TV was entertaining was flipping back and forth, then watching Trae go off was just more interesting. Appreciate United and Joseph and know you have to in excellent shape to play soccer and there is an art and skill to the tactics and schemes you can play. I did find a good preview write up about the game last night on ESPN but I had to search for it, its not a focus on ESPN and they are televising the games and its the playoffs either. Give it time though its just been a few years, every other sport have been watching for decades

The action when the Falcons are on the field are boring.

1 hour ago, Flying Falcon said:

The action when the Falcons are on the field are boring.

Actually, once I came to terms that they suck its interesting seeing who and how they are going to screw up each week. LOL that said have fell asleep during the Falcons games this year too, which used to never happen.

18 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Atlanta United moves onto eastern conference championship for 2nd yr in a row unlike...

falcons

dawgs

braves

hawks

etc...

:tiphat:

in b4 “muh real sport” 

Josef Martinez... King of Atlanta 

Martinez is the truth...I wish we could have kept Almiron.... Barco is balling though