This will cut deep to some here

Congrats to the best team in the 7th best sports league in the U.S., and the 7th best soccer league in the world.  When all the other MLS owners barely care about their teams, it's easy to overspend for stars no one has heard of to win meaningless trophies in an overlooked league.  Congrats to Blank and all the millennials enjoying Atlanta's consolation prize franchise.  Maybe we'll win a trophy that matters in this town again one day, because 1995 was a long time ago :lol:

1 hour ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Congrats to the best team in the 7th best sports league in the U.S., and the 7th best soccer league in the world.  When all the other MLS owners barely care about their teams, it's easy to overspend for stars no one has heard of to win meaningless trophies in an overlooked league.  Congrats to Blank and all the millennials enjoying Atlanta's consolation prize franchise.  Maybe we'll win a trophy that matters in this town again one day, because 1995 was a long time ago :lol:

Oh **** off.

1 hour ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Uh oh. You’re about to piss some soccer fan girls off.

BTW hit me up on the Georgia Tech forums.

8 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Atlanta United moves onto eastern conference championship for 2nd yr in a row unlike...

falcons

dawgs

braves

hawks

etc...

:tiphat:

in b4 “muh real sport” 

Josef Martinez... King of Atlanta 

Yep they are winners and our city has shown full support for a team that does not quit.

Braves and Falcons can just go away to another city. Hawks can stay one more season to see how the youth movement pans out.

UGA can get wrecked and f off.

United is the only team in the entire state we can be proud of.

So many sad sacks in here. I am not a big Soccer fan. I have kept up with ATL United as far as scoreboard watching and news on what is going on with the team. I am happy for them hope they keep it up. It is nice to see a team even when things are not going smooth still be able to go out and play well. Unlike any other Atlanta sports team that just folds up the tent and runs home to cry about it. I hope Atl United pull off another MLS title this season. I know I will be tuned in to see. 

8 hours ago, thanat0s said:

Yep! And the rooks looked good, especially defensively. And how bout Jabari? Looked like a new man out there. 

The Hawks are ballin. That’s also without Red Velvet all the way back too. This is going to be a fun season as opposed to this **** show we got going on over here. 

Edited by Emmitt

7 hours ago, TheUsualStuff said:

My kids started playing soccer 12 years ago. I embraced the sport and started watching the English Premier League and then the MLS when Atlanta got a team.

It's a great sport and the United are a great organization.

I'll never really understand why some choose to disparage the sport as if American football was their child and somehow soccer touched it inappropriately.

I'm a SOCCER FAN!!!! GO UNITED!!!!

8 hours ago, TheUsualStuff said:

My kids started playing soccer 12 years ago. I embraced the sport and started watching the English Premier League and then the MLS when Atlanta got a team.

It's a great sport and the United are a great organization.

I'll never really understand why some choose to disparage the sport as if American football was their child and somehow soccer touched it inappropriately.

IKR? Even if people aren’t necessarily soccer fans, matches in MB stadium are an entirely different animal, and worth seeing.  The atmosphere is always nuts!

9 hours ago, Dirtybird56 said:

I wish I could care about soccer would be fun to root for a winning Atlanta team 

no see it's like this. The minute any of us who are fans of the above mentioned teams start cheering for them, the curse will be passed on. So we can sit back and say 'ok', just don't try to get involved in becoming a fan, cause that will cause the 'fall of the cliff and become laughing stock' syndrome to hit them.

I mean, I've been told it's all our fault. fans like me......  :tiphat:

5 hours ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

I’d rather watch a game with a championship team play in a stadium filled with REAL fans who have real passion for their team and the sport they’re watching over the sh*t show that the Falcons drag onto the field and the fans that go to their games. I was at the Rams/Falcons game last week and I was YAWNING by the end of the 3rd quarter. That experience just about put me to sleep and I was in the f**king front row. 

Arthur Blank put Atlanta on the worldwide map with Atlanta United. They won it all in their second season. Soccer fans who have watched premier league teams for decades from around the world are following Atlanta soccer because of what the players for Atlanta United have done and because of the energy the fans show at every game.

How about you idiots downplaying ATLU’s incredible accomplishments in their short history take some pride in all that instead of talking down on the team and being an absolute *****. You can actually have some pride in your city (for once) and that you have a team that doesn’t disappoint every season and become the laughing stock of their respective league. 

Edited by shock

Props to United. Even went to the championship match last year. It's a cool environment, and I'm glad we have it as a city. 

But MLS isn't in the same breath as the NFL, NBA, or MLB. That parade had what.. ~50K? If the Hawks, Braves, or Falcons ever won a title - it'd be over a million and the city would quite literally, shut down. My match ticket to said championship game was 50 bucks. The ticket to the superbowl was a significant multiple of that. 

I always believe that, winning breeds winning. Hope United keeps it going, and goes back-to-back. Want to see all of our teams do well. 

That said - and people have said it in this thread too: the Hawks might be the team that breaks through for the city. What I watched last night was no f'ing joke. Them children can hoop. Imma get out there and see them play for sure. 

Edited by US-41 Falcon

12 minutes ago, US-41 Falcon said:

Props to United. Even went to the championship match last year. It's a cool environment, and I'm glad we have it as a city. 

But MLS isn't in the same breath as the NFL, NBA, or MLB. That parade had what.. ~50K? If the Hawks, Braves, or Falcons ever won a title - it'd be over a million and the city would quite literally, shut down. My match ticket to said championship game was 50 bucks. The ticket to the superbowl was a significant multiple of that. 

I always believe that, winning breeds winning. Hope United keeps it going, and goes back-to-back. Want to see all of our teams do well. 

That said - and people have said it in this thread too: the Hawks might be the team that breaks through for the city. What I watched last night was no f'ing joke. Them children can hoop. Imma get out there and see them play for sure. 

Hawks have a legit shot at a playoff spot this year. Trae Young is the future of the city for sure. 

Lmfao...you do realize YOU care more about soccer than anyone on this board....just in a backwards, hate-filled way.    

1 hour ago, US-41 Falcon said:

Soccer is!!! You forget that Soccer has the best demographic than any other sport in this country. United brings everyone together— it is a cultural connection that you don’t see in any other sports. 

MLS is a new league and it is growing. But, Soccer as a whole, it is a different topic. At this moment, United is the most popular franchise in Atlanta. Accept the facts and it doesn’t matter if they play in a league that is not the best Soccer league in the world. 

United has brought the city together than any other sport. You have your Mexican Americans, the Black community, the Asian community, Folks that have migrated from Europe, the Middle East, and Central/South East Asia that have embraced this team. 

At this moment, United is the most popular franchise in Atlanta.

The television ratings for an Atlanta United game have never ever (ever, ever?) been CLOSE to the Falcons. I mean, the championship game drew a 2.3 in the city. The Falcons SNF game against the Eagles this year drew a 33. 

Atlanta United has great crowds. They've got a great, loyal fanbase. But it is laughable (and naive) to think they're the most popular team in the city. Are they the most socio-diverse? Probably. The best value? Absolutely. You can get playoff tickets for TWENTY DOLLARS and play in a venue that was built for an NFL team. They've got some die-hards, but "soccer guy" like you, are just so "in your face" about soccer, it's like dude - screw actually caring. I've heard that for 15 years. I hope it does well, and there is no denying the team has a cult like following - clearly, look at you. But it is small, it has little-to-no national leverage, and doesn't have nearly the best players in the world playing.

Trae Young went for 38 last night on a rebuilding team and had more national pub than the United did as a team in a playoff game. Pick your head up, be happy where you are, and know it's a great thing for the city, but will quite literally take a seismic shift for the league as a whole to ever get near the other 4 leagues. 

Plain and simple, no actual metric puts AU on the scale of any other pro team in the city in terms of actual popularity, and moreover, revenue. 

Hahaahahahahahahaha

omg bro.. you’re one of those...

excuse me..

ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Get bent, for that.. enjoy your playoffless football seasons and first round exit by the braves :tiphat:

The atmosphere looks great love the fans going nuts, that aspect reminds of live hockey, but unlike hockey, the "action" on the field is decidedly boring. LOL I try to watch it and I wind up changing the channel or falling asleep.But like last night, watching the Hawks on TV was entertaining was flipping back and forth, then watching Trae go off was just more interesting. Appreciate United and Joseph and know you have to in excellent shape to play soccer and there is an art and skill to the tactics and schemes you can play. I did find a good preview write up about the game last night on ESPN but I had to search for it, its not a focus on ESPN and they are televising the games and its the playoffs either. Give it time though its just been a few years, every other sport have been watching for decades

Just now, putnam6 said:

The atmosphere looks great love the fans going nuts, that aspect reminds of live hockey, but unlike hockey, the "action" on the field is decidedly boring. LOL I try to watch it and I wind up changing the channel or falling asleep.But like last night, watching the Hawks on TV was entertaining was flipping back and forth, then watching Trae go off was just more interesting. Appreciate United and Joseph and know you have to in excellent shape to play soccer and there is an art and skill to the tactics and schemes you can play. I did find a good preview write up about the game last night on ESPN but I had to search for it, its not a focus on ESPN and they are televising the games and its the playoffs either. Give it time though its just been a few years, every other sport have been watching for decades

Bro Trae Young, John Collins, and the crew had me hype last night. That team is gonna be a terror in 2-3 years. If they can make the playoffs this year, especially with the brand of basketball they play and the national attention they're already getting... State Farm Arena gonna look like a club Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights.