This will cut deep to some here

SkerFalcon8710

42 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Atlanta United moves onto eastern conference championship for 2nd yr in a row unlike...

falcons

dawgs

braves

hawks

etc...

:tiphat:

in b4 “muh real sport” 

Josef Martinez... King of Atlanta 

The Falcons are the worse pro team in Atlanta by far. 

The 2019 version of the Dawgs would probably give them a run for their money.

Troffed.

My kids started playing soccer 12 years ago. I embraced the sport and started watching the English Premier League and then the MLS when Atlanta got a team.

It's a great sport and the United are a great organization.

I'll never really understand why some choose to disparage the sport as if American football was their child and somehow soccer touched it inappropriately.

I’m in the West Coast, and I’m a United fan. They are the best professional team in Atlanta. The atmosphere in Soccer games is something out of this world. Soccer is at the top of the pyramid in sports and United have become a great representation for the sports in this country. 

Edited by stingbee

It’s pretty easy to “get into” soccer. There’s a reason it’s the biggest sport in the world... Some of you just sound like you’re butt hurt the team the Falcons share a stadium with is a significantly better team in their league than the Falcons are in the NFL. 

Atlanta United has another PLAYOFF game this coming Wednesday at 8pm ET. Watch it. See what the Benz looks like when it’s actually full. Get an idea of what the energy there can be like when fans show up to games and are actually loud the entire game. It’s honestly not even comparable to the joke you see on Sundays watching the Falcons.

The Atlanta United fans have helped put American soccer on the map worldwide. 3 seasons into their existence and they have a legitimate shot at a 2nd championship. It’s simultaneously crazy and awesome. 

26 minutes ago, shock said:

It’s pretty easy to “get into” soccer. There’s a reason it’s the biggest sport in the world... Some of you just sound like you’re butt hurt the team the Falcons share a stadium with is a significantly better team in their league than the Falcons are in the NFL. 

Atlanta United has another PLAYOFF game this coming Wednesday at 8pm ET. Watch it. See what the Benz looks like when it’s actually full. Get an idea of what the energy there can be like when fans show up to games and are actually loud the entire game. It’s honestly not even comparable to the joke you see on Sundays watching the Falcons.

The Atlanta United fans have helped put American soccer on the map worldwide. 3 seasons into their existence and they have a legitimate shot at a 2nd championship. It’s simultaneously crazy and awesome. 

So much this.

When Atl United was announced I figured it would be a bust and wouldn't do well here, but there's really no debate.  The United fans are way better fans than Falcons fans.

I've been going to Falcons games for years and none of the crowds have come close to matching that level of energy.