The Consolidated Vic Beasley Thread

SoldMySoul

3 minutes ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

They probably won't trade him to an NFC South team.

"There probably won't be a NFC South team that would trade for him"

FIFY

They see him twice a season and no how easy it is to just ride him past the QB deep in the backfield. Our best hope is someone that hasn't seen very much.

Just now, TheUsualStuff said:

"There probably won't be a NFC South team that would trade for him"

FIFY

They see him twice a season and no how easy it is to just ride him past the QB deep in the backfield. Our best hope is someone that hasn't seen very much.

Instead of giving Bustley $13 million I wanted to re-sign Bruce Irvin for $4-$5 million. DQ got to go for advocating to re-sign Bustley.

Obviously we all know Vic is not the defensive player we thought he was and isnt garnering much attention, however I think there is more to it than that.

I think a majority of the reason no one has taken him is because what he has done (or hasnt) this year. Think about it, DQ came out this offseason (in a year everyone knew would be do or die for Quinn, everyone knew just how hot his seat was) and basically said he was going to put his career in the hands of Vic (we all know just how hot DQ's seat was coming into this season) and work with him personally to make him better. What did Vic do? Not attend Mini Camp, not increase his work ethic, and did not make himself better. He basically spat in the face of the only man willing to give him a chance (just another blunder on DQ's part). I think THAT along with his lack of production, is the reason we cant give him away for free. IMO

1 hour ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

Instead of giving Bustley $13 million I wanted to re-sign Bruce Irvin for $4-$5 million. DQ got to go for advocating to re-sign Bustley.

Well everything this franchise has chosen to do since the end if the 2018 season has turned out very similar to a 3 legged cat trying to bury a turd on an ice flow, so....

Yes Beasley hasn't been the player that he can be. But any player who has lead the league in Sacs and hasn't suffered a major career changing injury (I believe) has the potential to do it again. With all the talent in the NFL, someone cant just do that by accident. He obviously has the talent and ability, but he needs the right scheme. Lets face it our defense has been trash for a while, and when you're trash and nothing major changes in scheme. It's only gonna get worse. Yes we were an ok defense for like a year but now Beasley isn't being used right or he could also not be motivated. This guy was the man a few years ago and letting him go wouldn't improve our team It would only leave a bigger hole, with less money to work with. Look at the bigger issue, its coaching. We can't say its personnel if someone like Beasley has led the league in sacs, it must be a bigger issue. This is not a knock at Quinn, but changes need to be made.

Edited by Madness21

On 10/28/2019 at 4:53 PM, falcons007 said:

Media has lost all the credibility. This may be beginning of DQ and TD using the surrogates in media to attack each other. Bring on the popcorn. In the end, hope both destroy each and other AB fires them.

AB is culpable too. When he says things like "Julio will be a Falcon for life," he's essentially making the decision for the GM. Eventually, AB is gonna have to learn that he can't be a fan and pressure his staff into making financial decisions that may appease the fans in the short term, but will be detrimental to the team in the long term. As a successful businessman, I would assume Blank would already know this well, but sports tend to bring out the fan in people.

7 minutes ago, No.11 said:

AB is culpable too. When he says things like "Julio will be a Falcon for life," he's essentially making the decision for the GM. Eventually, AB is gonna have to learn that he can't be a fan and pressure his staff into making financial decisions that may appease the fans in the short term, but will be detrimental to the team in the long term. As a successful businessman, I would assume Blank would already know this well, but sports tend to bring out the fan in people.

It’s owner talk, all owners do it with what The coach and GM are telling him. It’s his way of saying I am onboard with this. Robert Kraft does that and he is heavily involved with BB. There is nothing there to suggest he is forcing them.

Just now, falcons007 said:

It’s owner talk, all owners do it with what The coach and GM are telling him. It’s his way of saying I am onboard with this. Robert Kraft does that and he is heavily involved with BB. There is nothing there to suggest he is forcing them.

Loaded statements like that doesn't really say "I'm onboard with whatever decision you make." Negotiations aren't always successful.

5 minutes ago, No.11 said:

Loaded statements like that doesn't really say "I'm onboard with whatever decision you make." Negotiations aren't always successful.

It’s owner talk. Not just Arthur, the owners when asked by Media are usually gonna say nice things. And most of the times Owners get involved towards end of the deal. I haven’t seen AB saying at the beginning of negotiations or a year early. It’s all hype and media perception from owner point of view.

Jerry Jones is at another level.