The Consolidated Vic Beasley Thread

SoldMySoul

Just now, HASHBROWN3 said:

I bet he’s going to be questioned on this piece.  

As he should.  I also think that someone wouldn't put out a piece like this without expecting rebuttal.  ie he knew he was going to have to defend it and he is prepared to do so.

But I dunno...this season just needs to end already with us having the top pick :)

2 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I really do not care what happens either way.  I’m sort of hoping for wholesale changes.  

What I don’t understand is how one can form an opinion when nothing can be verified, thus making your opinion nothing but wishful thinking.  Which puts you right in the same class as the speculator. :lol:

The difference here is that we here are just opining whereas a journalist should be held to a higher standard.

I bet he’s going to be questioned on this piece.  

Which is why I stopped watching CNN, Fox, MSNBC and pretty much most of the media. Just go to twitter and watch videos of reporters on the field. I am past she said, he said speculation pieces. 

16 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Well, sources tend to be anonymous for a reason.  The point is, there isn't any reason to think Schultz isn't maintaining standard journalistic practices, which entails 2 sources (not spectators) with knowledge of the alleged event.

And rightly so.  So now he needs to further explain himself which he can do without revealing his sources I think.  

If his sources are full of ****, then TD should speak up & explain himself or call out the lies.  

I don’t doubt he has relationships with agents, but this seems to point to TD unnecessarily putting the team in a bad position so he can stay friendly with an agent for favors with other personnel?

This seems unlikely & opens up a Pandora’s box of speculation including the integrity of both parties??

13 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Which is why I stopped watching CNN, Fox, MSNBC and pretty much most of the media. Just go to twitter and watch videos of reporters on the field. I am past she said, he said speculation pieces. 

It’s all whacked out.  I pray for our country all the time.  

1 hour ago, VTCrunkler said:

He was. The falcons were too. 

Just an observation:  nfl prime time games the last two or three years for the most part are close, coming down to the last possession or two. Some really compelling football. 

We used to have duds on prime time, notable Monday and Thursday nights.  It’s probably due to the matchups.  But I haven seen wild swings ie blowouts or duds on prime time in a whole. 

Pittsburg ~ Miami coming up tonight though to break the trend. That one is probably going to be a real stinker. :D

4 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

His tape wasn't awful at all. 

He actually knew how to bend in college. He's seemingly developed rigor mortis in the pros. 

But seriously, watch his college tape again. He was the no brainer pick there. 

I implore you to go back and look at his tape.  I truly hope you do with an unbiased eye.

No hand game, relies upon speed, no urgency in his pass rush, awful run support, one trick pony.

There’s no technique in his game whatsoever.

3 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

But now days there’s a lot more to choose from. Starting in the rec leagues middle school high school, coaches are putting their best athletes at QB. It’s the future you can get on board or get left behind. So heck yeah I’ll take a Steve Young tomorrow 

I don’t believe it. Sorry. I could be wrong, but I don’t think I am. 

I don't think this guy watches many games

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2860125-br-staff-predictions-for-the-nfl-trade-deadline#slide5

Mike Tanier: Vic Beasley Will Be the Steal of the Trade Deadline

d4e57a690b65a3aa941a9b06ea805980_crop_ex
Vic Beasley Jr.'s career has been in steady and precipitous decline since his 15.5 sack 2016 season. Of course, the entire Falcons organization has been in steady and precipitous decline too, especially the defense.

Edge-rushers on bad defenses can develop lots of bad habits: pressing, going through the motions, doing a little of both depending on the situation and so forth.

Ship Beasley to a contender with a clever scheme and other pass-rushing weapons and recast him as a situational mismatch guy, and he could have a much greater impact than Dante Fowler Jr. has had for the Rams since moving on from the Jaguars.

After all, he has proved that he can play at an All-Pro level. A change of scenery and fresh start may be just what he needs.

If Falcons had a disruptive force like LA has in Aaron Donald in the middle of the line, or if he could line up opposite end to someone like Khalil Mack at Chicago, VB would probably be a great opposite end rusher and would probably get 7 to 8 sacks a year, but when you are picked 8th in the draft you supposed to be the Khalil Mack not the one picking up Khalil's left overs.