The Consolidated Vic Beasley Thread

SoldMySoul

lol @ that merge.

We signed Vrex Bustasaurus because Dan Quinn believed in him and promised he would bring him early into camp and whip his ace up in shape. What happened next is Dairy Quinn falling flat on his face, and Stupid Ace Vbustus electing to play some Co-ed basketball.

https://247sports.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/Article/Vic-Beasley-love-hate-Dan-Quinn-129604965/

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I used to buy a jersey every year. But, I've sold over 15 of them in the last few years and have since stopped. My new rule is wear jerseys of only all time Falcon greats. Ryan, Julio, Roddy, Sanders, etc. I have sold all the jerseys of players that were just decent but not great. Still in my closet is a William Moore jersey that I haven't been able to sell. Haha

I’ve only ever had one jersey. Crumpler. Ie crunkler

4 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I will say, I don't think it follows that we'd overpay Ryan, Julio and Grady as a favor to CAA.  If anything, taking on Beasley would be intended as a move to curry favor with CAA, not to do them favors.  Sort of "we took care of your dude, now be fair with us."

I don't think anyone is saying TD is out there enriching agents at the expense of the team.  The idea was we had these 2 players -- Debo and Grady -- looking at new contracts at the same time a decision on Beasley was being made, and the allegation is someone in the organization was dumb enough to think cutting Beasley would hamper our ability to sign Debo and Grady.

Are you suggesting CAA short changed Ryan, Grady and Julio because of Vic? 13 M is pocket change when you consider Julio, Ryan, Grady and Debo contract. Not sure CAA would destroy the reputation by cutting other players money.

Just now, falcons007 said:

Are you suggesting CAA short changed Ryan, Grady and Julio because of Vic? 13 M is pocket change when you consider Julio, Ryan, Grady and Debo contract. Not sure CAA would destroy the reputation by cutting other players money.

I'm not saying CAA did anything at all.  I'm saying the story is someone in our building thought we needed to pick up Vic's option in order to appease CAA.  That's a reflection on the thought process in our building, not what CAA did or did not do.

That doesn't mean even that CAA solicited that action.  It just means some dip**** in the FO thought cutting Vic in the offseason would hamper negotiations with the other two.

55 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

Folks have been claiming mobile QBs are the future since Cunningham. It's about a 10 year cycle. One shows up in the NFL and does good and everyone tries to draft one, and then they all washout or get hurt.

Wilson is so d@mn special because he's bucked that trend. 

But now days there’s a lot more to choose from. Starting in the rec leagues middle school high school, coaches are putting their best athletes at QB. It’s the future you can get on board or get left behind. So heck yeah I’ll take a Steve Young tomorrow 

53 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

The ideal QB is one that can run but chooses not too except to keep plays alive longer to throw - basically Russell Wilson has perfected this while Mahomes is getting there as well.

There is a lot of value to a mobile QB who still understands it is not good to take all the unnecessary hits - Aaron Rodgers is another example.

Exactly- I’m not talking about a Lamar Jackson even tho he could turn out to be a great one. 

26 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Sorry -- I didn't mean that to be as unclear as it was.  It is a quote from the article, written by Jeff Schultz.  It is not a direct quote from anyone in the organization.

My point is, it sounds well sourced.  So either Schultz is a dirtbag rumor-mongerer, or there is at least some basis to believe it is true.

Yeah, my first thought was, who does he have in quotes???

That’s why it’s nearly impossible for me to lend any credence to it.

He could be quoting a speculator which makes it unverifiable.

If it’s someone who says that he has first hand knowledge after speaking with TD or AB, then at that point he has his neck on the line if it isn’t true.

7 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I'm not saying CAA did anything at all.  I'm saying the story is someone in our building thought we needed to pick up Vic's option in order to appease CAA.  That's a reflection on the thought process in our building, not what CAA did or did not do.

That doesn't mean even that CAA solicited that action.  It just means some dip**** in the FO thought cutting Vic in the offseason would hamper negotiations with the other two.

That’s not what this article implies. You look at it both ways, it doesn’t hold water. 

This is gonna get entertaining, MS was too boring to go after TD. 

49 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Rodgers,  Wilson, Mahomes, Watson.   - they come around more often than you think.     Justin Fields with potential to be in that group as well if he continues to develop.

It doesn't matter what they are "predicted" to do - that is the GM's job to figure that out.   All of Green Bay, Seattle, KC and Houston were rewarded for having the foresight to see what these QBs could do in the NFL.

It’s going to happen- more and more mobile QB s will be starting in the future. Like it or not that’s the reality 

1 minute ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Yeah, my first thought was, who does he have in quotes???

That’s why it’s nearly impossible for me to lend any credence to it.

He could be quoting a speculator which makes it unverifiable.

If it’s someone who says that he has first hand knowledge after speaking with TD or AB, then at that point he has his neck on the line if it isn’t true.

Well, sources tend to be anonymous for a reason.  The point is, there isn't any reason to think Schultz isn't maintaining standard journalistic practices, which entails 2 sources (not spectators) with knowledge of the alleged event.

That’s not what this article implies. You look at it both ways, it doesn’t hold water. 

This is gonna get entertaining, MS was too boring to go after TD. 

I'm not sure how to read it any other way.  What do you think it implies beyond someone in our FO said this was the reason?

14 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I miss Algernon.  He was fun to watch.

He was. The falcons were too. 

Just an observation:  nfl prime time games the last two or three years for the most part are close, coming down to the last possession or two. Some really compelling football. 

We used to have duds on prime time, notable Monday and Thursday nights.  It’s probably due to the matchups.  But I haven seen wild swings ie blowouts or duds on prime time in a whole. 

4 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I'm not sure how to read it any other way.  What do you think it implies beyond someone in our FO said this was the reason?

I think it was a plant from some one close to DQ. It’s a power Play and DQ is getting hammered for the loses and his decision to bring back Vic. 
this is just the begining, hope AB cleans up the house.

18 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Media has lost all the credibility. This may be beginning of DQ and TD using the surrogates in media to attack each other. Bring on the popcorn. In the end, hope both destroy each and other AB fires them.

I really do not care what happens either way.  I’m sort of hoping for wholesale changes.  

What I don’t understand is how one can form an opinion when nothing can be verified, thus making your opinion nothing but wishful thinking.  Which puts you right in the same class as the speculator. :lol:

The difference here is that we here are just opining whereas a journalist should be held to a higher standard.

I bet he’s going to be questioned on this piece.  

I think it was a leak from some one close to DQ. It’s a power Play and DQ is getting hammered for the loses and his decision to bring back Vic. 
this is just the begining, hope AB cleans up the house.

But that isn't what the article implies.  It's what YOU imply.

You're entitled to your opinion, of course.  But there isn't the first thing in that article that suggests what you just did.

Just now, JDaveG said:

But that isn't what the article implies.  It's what YOU imply.

You're entitled to your opinion, of course.  But there isn't the first thing in that article that suggests what you just did.

It says Vic was extended as favor or appeasement to CAA. We all know it was DQs pet project this year.