The Consolidated Vic Beasley Thread

SoldMySoul

I'll always have memories of 2016 Vic and how fun it was to have the only single season sack leader in franchise history. It's easy to focus on 28-3, but let's not revise how awesome that season was. Vic put in his best work on arguably the best team in franchise history. Also (more importantly) a phenomenal human being that has shown a lifetime of service off of the football field.

Maybe he doesn't care about football. Maybe he's mentally given up on his profession. I've just never been in the market of trashing football players because they don't meet my expectations of a game I watch as a hobby. I can't sit on my couch with my 6.1 40 yard dash and scream bloody murder when a professional athlete doesn't get enough sacks.

Football doesn't define Vic Beasley Jr., only God does. Vic seems to get that, and I understand that that might bother some people. If your argument is you feel like he stole money from the team by under-performing, have solace in knowing he'll be gone after this year. Also, IT'S A GAME.

Vic will continue to be one of my all-time favorites, and I'll still wear my Beasley homerism.

It is a game and Vic as a person isn't defined by it.

2016 was a fluke... a perfect storm of luck and multiple players having career years all at the same time. It was a severe outlier season.

Within the context of the game however, he's a disinterested waste of money.

Just because it's a game doesn't mean we shouldn't fairly critique his performance of him within that context.

1 hour ago, TheUsualStuff said:

2016 was a fluke... a perfect storm of luck and multiple players having career years all at the same time. It was a severe outlier season.

Just because it's a game doesn't mean we shouldn't fairly critique his performance of him within that context.

Critique away! I’m mostly on these boards to critique players. However, in the maturation of my fandom, I’ve learned to distinguish being critical to being flat out venomous. There’s a lot of constructive criticism when it comes to Beasley, and most of it is warranted. There’s also a lot of venom.

I’m not describing just AFMB, but Twitter/Facebook/Instagram as well. 

1 hour ago, TheUsualStuff said:

As for 2016 being a fluke season, you’re absolutely correct. Not just for Vic, but across the board. It didn’t make the ride any less enjoyable. 

You know what other Falcons team was a fluke? The 1998 squad. Many great teams are flukey, and that can often times add to the joy.

11 minutes ago, Monoxide said:

As for 2016 being a fluke season, you’re absolutely correct. Not just for Vic, but across the board. It didn’t make the ride any less enjoyable. 

You know what other Falcons team was a fluke? The 1998 squad. Many great teams are flukey, and that can often times add to the joy.

Yes indeed.... it would just add to the joy if during one of our fluke seasons we could just go ahead and win it for once!

Edited by TheUsualStuff

Glazer tends to be pretty good on his info before he reports something out - he hit the Williams to NYG trade that just happened.

On his ask Jay video on his Twitter, someone asked if the Chiefs would go after Vic Beasley. Glazer said that the Falcons are asking for a 6th round pick for Beasley and can't even get that - no one wants to touch him. Not looking good on off loading Beasley before the deadline.

5 minutes ago, jfalconsp said:

Glazer tends to be pretty good on his info before he reports something out - he hit the Williams to NYG trade that just happened.

On his ask Jay video on his Twitter, someone asked if the Chiefs would go after Vic Beasley. Glazer said that the Falcons are asking for a 6th round pick for Beasley and can't even get that - no one wants to touch him. Not looking good on off loading Beasley before the deadline.

Dang not even the Dolphins who is trying to lose.

13 minutes ago, Cole World said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought you have to make more than your last contract to get a comp pick?

It’s based on the contracts they sign on the next team, larger contracts award a better pick.  He won’t sign any type of contract that will get us anything bigger than a 6 or 7, and even then if we sign anyone in free agency it could negate that.

• athell changed the title to Falcons paid Vic to appease Grady/Deion/CAA
  • JD dirtybird21 unpinned this topic