The Consolidated Vic Beasley Thread

SoldMySoul

24 minutes ago, rings639 said:

The team is top 10 in wins over the last decade, yet people act like this team is bottom of the barrel.  Do we need change to move things forward?  Yes.  But the idea that this franchise is a dumpster fire because it didn’t win a ring a few years ago is also growing very stale.  

But we’re a total dumpster fire on the field right now

Edited by DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins

Agree 100% with OP, and the fact that Beasley is being used as a scapegoat is disgusting and disturbing.  Yes he sucks, but the FO should’ve known this from the beginning.  And the fact that he sucks is directly related to our coaching and player development.  They are the ones at fault.

What was Beasley supposed to do?  Not take the money?

1 minute ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

But we’re a total dumpster fire on the field right now

So one bad year negates the last ten?  Again, I agree changes need made, to say every person in the front office is terrible at their job is just dumb.  They put us in a great position to win over a pretty long period of time.  We are just at the end of that window.  Nothing says they can’t get us back to that same spot over the next few years.  But people want instant gratification so let’s blow it all up so they can feel like the team actually listened to their spam on message boards, Twitter and Facebook to fire everyone.  The world we live in now I guess.

1 hour ago, MAD597 said:

Vic is not THE problem but he certainly is A problem and probably the easiest case to call out on what is wrong with the team.

TD also has to be held accountable as he has yet to be able to replace John Abraham and has wasted ALOT of draft picks and FA singings trying to.

TD is simply horrible at talent evaluation along the trenches.

TD hasn’t ran a draft himself for this team since 2014, Pioli was in charge of scouting and the draft since Quinn has been here.

7 minutes ago, rings639 said:

TD hasn’t ran a draft himself for this team since 2014, Pioli was in charge of scouting and the draft since Quinn has been here.

TD is the GM, the buck stops with him, since he has been GM both our OL and DL have sucked, no excuses for him.

4 hours ago, The Great American said:

I'm curious about why so many fans think Beasley is lazy.  It seems that judgment should be reserved only for his coaches and teammates.   They are the only ones that see what happens in  day to day in practices. 

Effort takes zero talent, Takk may not be getting home much more than Vic, but he averages twice as many QB hits than Vic does, because he is putting in a lot more effort.

Just now, rings639 said:

In 2016 we had a top 3 offensive line.  Other than that I agree with you.

TD has been here 11 years, 1 out of 11 is not good, How many draft picks and FA signings have tried to replace John Abraham?

Our Trenches are consistent failures since TD has been our GM.

1 minute ago, rings639 said:

Effort takes zero talent, Takk may not be getting home much more than Vic, but he averages twice as many QB hits than Vic does, because he is putting in a lot more effort.

Someone told me to watch some game film and I did.  Vic is often required to stand at the Line of Scrimmage and spy the QB.  Those specific plays makes it look like Beasley isn't going all out when he's actually doing his job and covering his assignment.  Not sure most fans see it this way.  

22 minutes ago, The Great American said:

Someone told me to watch some game film and I did.  Vic is often required to stand at the Line of Scrimmage and spy the QB.  Those specific plays makes it look like Beasley isn't going all out when he's actually doing his job and covering his assignment.  Not sure most fans see it this way.  

This happens even when they don’t play a mobile qbs is the issue.

Yeah I agree with others, we will get the prorated portion that can be rolled over but not the $12.8M. 

Should be similar with the Sanu deal. We should've saved his remaining salary minus any signing bonus he may have had left if any.

Also the biggest thing about next year's cap in case a new CBA isn't in place is NO June 1st cuts. I see in everyone's mock off-season designating guys as such but that may not be possible. 

The league however is pushing hard for a new CBA soon though so maybe it gets done.

20 hours ago, capologist said:

Not sure what the source of the article is or who wrote it but I don't believe a trade works that way.

And although I completely understand the desire to offload Beasley, I would say it’s funny how there is little faith in TD and Quinn but we want money. Wouldn’t that mean we are signing a potential scrub?

3 hours ago, JDaveG said:

Agree, with one caveat — if he doesn’t have the desire to play, he should quit instead of stealing $13 million from the franchise. He’s letting his team down. 

And if I thought he lacked ability I wouldn’t say that. 

I can certainly agree with that part. We’ve all seen players retire when the fun was gone.

Well, if daddy lets you get away with plunking off, and you go ahead an plunk off and daddy hasn't got the stones to correct you, then both your sorry hairy stnik holes are rotten! Both of you are to blame...men know right from wrong, at least you should learn this as you grow up! So, go ahead you nasty monkey holes and sling your poop all over the paying fans and eventually, it will circle back on you! This is what Bustley and Quinn, and oh yeah, Takk too has done to this team....

The smell coming out of FB, smells like that just laid down a nice nasty blanket of cow ward manure to me!

This team, specifically Bustley and Takk needs a gynecological to see if they are having trouble with the estrogen they are spewing...lord knows it spewing forth, and it's evident they have no testosterone! While they are at it, might need to check the scrotum of TD, DQ and AB to see what condition their gonads are in - I swear they seem to have shrunken mightily since the SB run that saw the team leadership blow an empty, ineffective and stinking wad at the end...  

10 hours ago, Skott Lee said:

If you have a cancerous tumor, you want to have surgery to remove it as quick as possible before it spreads. Unfortunately it has already metastasized. 

Yes, the sooner the better!  Just don't know if we'll have a suitor for him during this season....since he'll be a FA anyway at season's end --- :(

8 hours ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

I got ya,That would be cool. I would be good with a 4th.. Im just afraid he has no market or someone would offer a 6th or 7th. I just couldn't go that low, even for him. Not that i think he's worth a lot, its just principal. I wouldn't take a chance of them benefiting greatly and getting off that easy. I'd rather keep him till the end. Lol! Im spiteful! Cause I know they wouldn't! 

TBH, I would seriously consider a 6th round pick, at this point, just to get rid of the guy and his salary....so let's not be that "spiteful" --- LOL!   

rings- It is time for new direction up top. No more faith in McKay or current group of scouts, it cant always be the coaches fault. Need to look elsewhere, Falcons continue to struggle to pick linemen, they continue to struggle to have a solid defense, they continue to struggle to have a offense with any time of solid running game and this has been throughout several coaches. When the same problems repeat themselves it time for change elsewhere in the organization and the common denominator throughout is Blank and McKay, and you cant fire Blank so McKay has to go. The Falcons roster is extremely poor so yes TD has to go but so do the scouts ESPECIALLY those who have been here 5+ years. They have FAILED to correct the problems mentioned above. The Falcons need a complete rebuild both in coaches AND front office. Just changing coaches and firing a "do boy" GM like TD aint going to suffice Atlanta fans this time. We want a team that is built solid from the ground up. This team feels and looks like a team poorly assembled. McKay, Sabo, Emery, Webster, Collier, and TD gotta go. No more bait and switch from Blank by hiring another coach. WE WANT REAL CHANGE IN FLOWERY BRANCH! Ed Dodds 2020!!!